• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 22-28 | Ryu's in Smash 4, Jigglypuff's in SF5

JeTmAn81

public string rant = new string("

Man, my life really has sucked for the last four months.

Writing is on the wall at my current job. Apparently the entire schpiel about about fun and happy workplaces doesn't apply if you are autistic and screw up on the communication front a few times. Four months of my life up in smoke.

HR guy at work flat out told me today that they expect all new employees to meet prefixed standards, and the most important ones are to do with criticism, communication and direction. I don't fit the bill and was given a week to show them how amazingly godlike at fundamental human interaction I am. After all, I was failing but I did improve a bit, so obviously I could improve further, Aspergers be damned!

Nobody bats an eye if you're physically disabled. Mental disability though? Hahaha good joke.

Gonna get home and go mash out some trials on SF4 or something. Jesus Christ.

");

That sucks, man. What kind of incidents made them question your communication ability? I wonder if some kind of note or certification from a doctor concerning Asperger's would be enough to to explain any communication lapses. Then again, if your condition had been demonstrated to them up front, perhaps they wouldn't have hired you if they didn't think you could meet their standards of communication. I'm not sure if that's legal or not, though in certain situations you have to think that someone should be able to hire or not based on communication ability.

P.S. What kind of language makes you instantiate a string?

P.P.S. The type is lowercased meaning it's probably a primitive so you couldn't instantiate it anyway.

P.P.P.S. When did I get so pedantic about programming?

P.S. What kind of language makes you instantiate a string?

P.P.S. The type is lowercased meaning it's probably a primitive so you couldn't instantiate it anyway.

P.P.P.S. When did I get so pedantic about programming?

God dammit

I was on my phone and trying to be clever.

On the other points - I've been generally closed off at work and I find it hard to ask questions and relate to some other staff members. I don't always know what I'm supposed to do next but I get nervous about asking sometimes. I get really stressed out sometimes and struggle to fit in and act normally. Sometimes I'll try and be pro-active, but it gets negative reactions and I feel like I'm being talked down to, which makes me unhappy. But because I don't know enough to say anything, I'll stay quiet or get wound up.

My boss claims he didn't read my application and so didn't know I had AS until our first review meeting where he spent three quarters of the meeting talking about my bad social skills. I complained to HR, they set up a phony 'reasonable adjustment' discussion which basically boiled down to "you must tell your immediate colleagues you have AS" and "we must have these HR review meetings to see if you're making progress".

I say phony because the same HR guy who has been sitting in on my weekly review meetings turned around today and switched on bad cop mode, accused me of not wanting to work for the company or be involved in software testing and said that I had a week to improve on areas I don't think I can improve on, especially not after breaking down in tears after the meeting.

This isn't appropriate for this topic, but hey I've vented to you lot about a million times before. :|

Tripon

He can run it back, but he'll have to wait for his retrial in 3 weeks.

Not sure what this will do.

The only reason why there's a 2nd meeting is to formalize the decision they made. I don't think the council will change their minds on this.

Keiko is streaming Ultra again. She's playing on PS4 now, her yang is getting better. LPN was in her channel the other day giving advice!

Twitch.tv/keikoqvq

Wow, Keiko is getting really popular now, haha. She hit more than a 100 viewers when she started streaming at midnight a few hours ago. I saw Art, Myers, Lpn, Sci, and a few other notable fgc heads there talking in chat.

Shoutouts to Art fixing the stream on the fly!

Tripon

Real talk: The Fire Emblem If character has a good shot of it making it in anyway since Sakurai always adds more FE characters. There's already 5 of them on the cast. What's another one that roughly plays the same as the rest of them?

mbpm1

Real talk: The Fire Emblem If character has a good shot of it making it in anyway since Sakurai always adds more FE characters. There's already 5 of them on the cast. What's another one that roughly plays the same as the rest of them?

Super Sword Brothers 4

Beckx

Why're you bringing this up? Is the new FE that good?

I really, really like it. More than Awakening. Protagonist is cool and the two main warriors are pretty excellent. Just hit the part where I have to choose paths (download version has to choose).

Well this one would
turn into a dragon so
. (Spoiler'd b/c I don't know if people are aware or that or what, but it's a early early thing.)

Tripon

I really, really like it. More than Awakening. Protagonist is cool and the two main warriors are pretty excellent. Just hit the part where I have to choose paths (download version has to choose).

Well this one would
turn into a dragon so
. (Spoiler'd b/c I don't know if people are aware or that or what, but it's a early early thing.)
So did the last FE main character, or did you forget how it ended?

mbpm1

tumblr_nfd6daxxA61rsg1iuo1_1280.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
catching up on this Abuzu stream now, whew that was the best exhibition in maybe a year and a half

this lady is saying she wouldn't bring her grandkids in that area but she wants to put tutoring places there wut
men are drunk from other places therefore men from the arcade will pee in the shopping centre, also arcades bring in crime as we all know
Rachel with the X-Factor comeback exposing them worrying about drunks and shit while they sell alcohol elsewhere
Watson with the TAC infinite about the hypocrisy about security
Then the councilwoman (?) with the XFC Not High Quality Level 3

FGW | Asuza's Wrath

Only option.

Good news for Ramlethal fans: One of her new figures got a pretty awesome looking preview!

Bad news for Ramlethal fans: Pay ~$155 dollaroonies for her
This is pretty impressive. $155 doesn't seem to bad for what it is too (these things can get way pricier for less detail).

notworksafe

For the second time in less than a week, an investigation was underway in Azusa after a police officer shot a man, authorities said early Thursday.

An investigation was underway Thursday morning after two teens were shot in a bedroom at a home in Azusa, police said.

AZUSA, California — A man was shot and killed after a confrontation with police following a break-in at his neighbor's house.
HIGH QUALITY OF LIFE AM I RIGHT FOLKS

Top Bottom