• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 23-29 | Forever Yung at heArt

yams going away from gief? right choice. I remember he wanted to do the snackish to me....only for him to fall for it and I have never tried it before rofl. You could of done ex greenhand to break focus but you upback!

You definitely did not have the right mindset for gief lol. I don't even play fighting games anymore!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
yams going away from gief? right choice. I remember he wanted to do the snackish to me....only for him to fall for it and I have never tried it before rofl. You could of done ex greenhand to break focus but you upback!

You definitely did not have the right mindset for gief lol. I don't even play fighting games anymore!

Play me in marvel if you really wanna see my mindset.

Nailed it.

1kPAGRM.jpg

Shouta

That triple MP combo was fucking nuts. Smug is a nightmare for a lot of players, but Itabashi was salivating at the chance of fighting him it seems. You could not wipe that grin off his face. I also see that Smug lost to Bonchan 1-5 in a money match. I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that Bonchan somehow lost to Snake Eyez Evil Ryu lol.

But anyways, NCR and Hypespotting isn't too far away. I hope Daigo will announces his intention to attend one or the other soon. I was saying NCR all the way, but with Xiaohai also going, might as well just attend Hypespotting instead. No European has his number and I think he'll have the upper hand against his teammates should they run into each other.

Itabashi was probably having fun because it basically as close as you get to a VF/DoA back and forth as you could get in SF4, lol. He really is good at that too at the back and forth. Prod players until they abare themselves to death. If anything, that's kind of how I would describe Smug's play too. He never really makes stuff safe for himself, he just tries to get his turn to do damage whenever possible and then steal it whenever.

Thanks to the weather in Chicago, everyone heading there had their flights delayed. It looks like Kazunoko and Kitasenju DJ might have to stay there one night. That might cost Kitasenju DJ his job too. =/

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Itabashi was probably having fun because it basically as close as you get to a VF/DoA back and forth as you could get in SF4, lol. He really is good at that too at the back and forth. Prod players until they abare themselves to death. If anything, that's kind of how I would describe Smug's play too. He never really makes stuff safe for himself, he just tries to get his turn to do damage whenever possible and then steal it whenever.

Thanks to the weather in Chicago, everyone heading there had their flights delayed. It looks like Kazunoko and Kitasenju DJ might have to stay there one night. That might cost Kitasenju DJ his job too. =/

He can't ask for a day off and explain his situation? I understand the Japanese work environment is hellish/stricter than the American one but its out of his power that a flight got cancelled for their safety.

mbpm1

sfmdee-1.jpg

In all seriousness, hope that it works out for him. Nobody should lose their job over this.

Uraizen

Banned
Been playing more KoF 02UM. Been getting better at confirming but it's still really hard. Also there's so many moves I don't know how to respond with. I don't think there's any frame data out, so I'm not sure my best options.

Went back to 98UM after since it's still my favorite. Execution is a breeze in this compared to 02UM lol

Also favorite stage? Axl's Xrd stage is really great if we're talking about stages this gen. For previous gens, that's hard to say, SF3 had a lot of pretty ones.
SNK also had a lot of beautifully done stages.

You own it but haven't added me on Steam? Shame on you.

Play me in marvel if you really wanna see my mindset.

lol marvel netcode and you play wolverine. Last time I played marvel seriously was in vanilla and all I did was copy Team EG. Now I just copy team rog.

Also I already know how you approach marvel. You just admit that yun confirming a combo off divekick was hard. Because unlike wolverine, you had to actually aim divekick with yun to hit below the waist to get a combo lol. Which means you outed out that you probably just divekick whenever somebody was in that vicinity rather than focusing why you divekick.

I mean, if you want we can play marvel. But I can guarantee you that I'm straight booty. I can't even do vergil's sword loop 50%. if you want to play LETS GOOOooooooo

psn rrdragon88

edit
cmon yams! I even went and install patches on my ps3!

mbpm1

Also I already know how you approach marvel. You just admit that yun confirming a combo off divekick was hard. Because unlike wolverine, you had to actually aim divekick with yun to hit below the waist to get a combo lol. Which means you outed out that you probably just divekick whenever somebody was in that vicinity rather than focusing why you divekick.

God
damn

Azure J

Settling things in online marvel is
NEVER
a good a idea.

Online Marvel is truly the best method to figure out how close to zen a person is. If you can wade through the speed of light long enough, you either pass through the other side ready for anything in life or have your soul truncated into a mess of "I TECHED THAT FUCKING GRAB, SUCK DONKEY NUTS SON".

I can confirm this is true

well its almost been an hour since I have replied and he hasn't responded to PM or this thread. Might just go watch some
anime
shows

Dahbomb

Am I bad person for hoping the Bloodborne reviews would be bad just to see GAF go apeshit?
Bad reviews lead to people getting laid off. Unfortunately, reviews have become too serious to joke about when people's salaries/jobs are on the line.

So I don't hope for bad reviews of a game.

Marz

Would have liked to have seen Bonchan vs Smug.

That's like an impossible win for me personally, even players that are really bad its hard for me to win I can't whiff punish stand fierce with anything, I can't zone him... if he has Ultra 1 I can't even throw a fireball, he's incredibly hard to anti air and if I do uppercut him it trades a lot so I have to spend bar, if he touches me its a third of my life plus I'm in the corner, and God forbid if I'm knocked down lol.

Bonchan has amazing defense though, leagues above any American Sagat which is probably why he beat Smug.

Oh yea and Evil Ryu is bad for Gat as well. One good guess jump in and your pretty much dead. And in Sagats dead zone his cr.mk outclasses everything Gat has. Has too many tools for the King to deal with. So I wasn't surprised that Snake Eyes won especially in a short set you can make Sagat players look really bad...he's a character you can't make mistakes with at that level.

CO_Andy

Bonchan losing to SnakeEyez' scrubby Evil Ryu was really funny.

I guess he was expecting those long, heavy damaging combos, but all SnakeEyez did was throw successfully on wake-up over and over.

NEO0MJ

Ohhhh!

Am I bad person for hoping the Bloodborne reviews would be bad just to see GAF go apeshit?

Impossible. Miyazaki will protect it.

Bad reviews lead to people getting laid off. Unfortunately, reviews have become too serious to joke about when people's salaries/jobs are on the line.

So I don't hope for bad reviews of a game.

Oh you.

Bonchan losing to SnakeEyez' scrubby Evil Ryu was really funny.

I guess he was expecting those long, heavy damaging combos, but all SnakeEyez did was throw successfully on wake-up over and over.

Bonchan got thrown from a blocked cr. MK, fireball, FADC 2 or 3 times I think. I was in disbelief that it was working. I actually do something similar, even on block I'll FADC but I'm trying to bait a throw and land hop kick EX tatsu when I have 3 bars if I think it's worth it. Bonchan on the other hand just did nothing was getting thrown a lot. He must have been scared of counter hits or something(aka what happened to Smug against Daigo).

BTW, the guy from WNF, Team Seaslug, recorded a bunch of top 64 pool matches at FR and uploaded it to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TSSTeamSeaslug/videos

hitsugi

Hope for whatever you want.. Bloodborne is going to be the game of this generation, rather than The Last of Us: 4k Remix Edition+

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I've already done that, and it's worse than your SF mindset ;D

lol beef is so mean

lol marvel netcode and you play wolverine. Last time I played marvel seriously was in vanilla and all I did was copy Team EG. Now I just copy team rog.

I mean, if you want we can play marvel. But I can guarantee you that I'm straight booty. I can't even do vergil's sword loop 50%. if you want to play LETS GOOOooooooo

psn rrdragon88

edit
cmon yams! I even went and install patches on my ps3!

god damn, all i did was taunt you and you went full in. i cant help it if im still learning fighting games ;_;
i've never played yun so i tested out all his divekicks and pretty much came to the conclusion of what you said, i appreciate the smack talk, its only going to make me a better player

Here's your new avatar bud!

d5fW5Qz.jpg

what in the flying fuck is that

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Do you like it?? I made it myself!

you know, ive learned to enjoy your posts cause you just dont give two fucks about anything and i like that lol. sets people up straight real quick and humbles them. other times you just look like a straight asshole lol. besides, you couldve picked a more awkward color, i give it a B+

Tik-Tok

you know, ive learned to enjoy your posts cause you just dont give two fucks about anything and i like that lol. sets people up straight real quick and humbles them. other times you just look like a straight asshole lol. besides, you couldve picked a more awkward color, i give it a B+

I knew you'd love Redheaded stepchild Yams!

mindblown

Holy fuck

I even went back to the gif to see and confirmed she mouths "Snail." Awesome.

Top Bottom