• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 23-29 | Forever Yung at heArt

FSLink

Banned
DKWill is here in Hawaii.

We're all going to play some casuals today with him. I'll try to record any hype matches. :3

Kumubou

I figured something was up with SCR (not having registration details up a month before the event is weird), but that sucks, especially for anyone who already booked a plane ticket. And six weeks from then would put it right around E3... x_x.

There are starting to be very real growing pains due to the size of the events moving beyond the venues that they've traditionally used.
The thought of all of the crowds (and BO) from Evo being a bigger event in a smaller venue this year is more than a little unsettling right now. D:

Azure J

My favorite SF stages:

Ibuki's from SF3:NG. I love the transition from day, to sunset, to night. Also, putting her friends in the background seems like a nice touch:
zfjZ81M.png

Rose's from Alpha 2:
sfz2-rose.gif

Sean's from SF3:NG:
hqdefault.jpg

Man, SF3:NG had some beastly art direction in its backgrounds. Makes you wonder what happened with Third Strike sometimes.

Exr

New generation did have some fantastic backgrounds, way better than 3s. I had hoped 3S online would include the backgrounds from prior games but sadly it didn't.

The thought of all of the crowds (and BO) from Evo being a bigger event in a smaller venue this year is more than a little unsettling right now. D:

Honestly, Evo worried me from the moment they announced the return to the Paris/Bally's but hopefully it's nothing :/

CurlyW

Shinblanka posted in the thread 645 linked to. Do not use Wufoo is kind of my take away currently, lol

CEO has used Wufoo for years with no issues, and CB is using it this year. I think the issue is more in how Larry used Wufoo. Either way, I'm gonna be extra careful in double-checking registrations to make sure everything is in order.

Welpx2

Shouta

CEO has used Wufoo for years with no issues, and CB is using it this year. I think the issue is more in how Larry used Wufoo. Either way, I'm gonna be extra careful in double-checking registrations to make sure everything is in order.

Welpx2

Ah, OK. I see.

I guess 2.0 wont be out in time. Kind of sucks. Playing an old version reduces player motivations and deincentivises the japanese gods from coming. Would rather a different anime game take the spot if this is the case.

Xrd will probably be the old version too. Would you be okay with replacing Gods Gift?

remist

Xrd will probably be the old version too. Would you be okay with replacing Gods Gift?

I was assuming Xrd would get the patch in time. Yea I'd say the same thing. UNIEL definitely deserves one of the spots.

Edit: Also, I don't know how they'll justify it, but this makes me think 2.0 will end up costing money. Either through DLC or another disc.

Kumubou

I was assuming Xrd would get the patch in time. Yea I'd say the same thing. UNIEL definitely deserves one of the spots.
Xrd is either the #2 or #3 game at most majors -- it would still easily warrant a spot at Evo regardless of the fact that it's a version behind or not.

I can't see them ditching P4AU either, unless there was a repeat of what happened in 2010 with BBCT and the players bailed completely, which I don't see happening because BBCT was truly worth bailing out on, and there's no way P4AU 1.x is that bad. Swapping out BBCT for either MBAA or MvC2 that year was a massive upgrade.

shaowebb

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Wii power supply may have died. If not the console died and thats way worse. My 360 has had a failing disc drive for awhile too. 2/3rds of last gen is crappin out on me and I'm still nailing bullethell and enjoying Tatsunoko vs Capcom on em. I really can't afford for that Wii to be dead...it has Doc Louis' Punchout! on it and thats digital only and about to disappear forever.

I hope I don't end up out cash over all this at once.

remist

Xrd is either the #2 or #3 game at most majors -- it would still easily warrant a spot at Evo regardless of the fact that it's a version behind or not.

I can't see them ditching P4AU either, unless there was a repeat of what happened in 2010 with BBCT and the players bailed completely, which I don't see happening because BBCT was truly worth bailing out on, and there's no way P4AU 1.x is that bad. Swapping out BBCT for either MBAA or MvC2 that year was a massive upgrade.

Yea, I doubt they will end up changing anything, I just personally would rather have BBCP Extend and UNIEL then old XRD and P4U2. I still have hope the Xrd patch will come in time.

Seyavesh

that SBO outside had giant fucking cicadas in the machines
this was a smaller one i remember seeing a HUGE one

XyJcDdq.jpg

it was also the best one though because that was the year america finally won a SBO game
VVIYI.jpg

~eternalchamps~

Kimosabae

Banned
I swear to god I don't want to be mean... but at a glance that looks like one of those grimy meme photoshops of one face across all bodies, a la Yipes/Sanford style.

Except for that one dude in red on the right side, that kinda looks like James Chen

pixelish

did sbo really die because of the poor reception towards having the tournament outdoors? they could've just gone back to doing it indoors if it's so.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
did sbo really die because of the poor reception towards having the tournament outdoors? they could've just gone back to doing it indoors if it's so.
The whole reason it was outdoors in the first place is because they didn't have the means (money) to give it an even remotely proper production.

There had been rumors in years prior that it was going to cease being an event altogether in the near future anyway.

Seyavesh

nah the sbo the year before (or two years? there might have been a break/gap) was also really bad

basically the company that sponsored it/supported it stopped existing or stopped wanting to do it so this thing was supposed to be like a last ditch effort to try and save it by cheaping out and trying to make it an 'outdoors convention' style event so it'd make money and be able to continue

with like a bunch of anime concerts and shit that took up most of the stream time

Anne

Also the American squad for Persona is still rolling deep at Evo and we're still practicing hard as ever, and several JP gods are still on their way. Again it sucks, but doesn't stop us from supporting and playing hard.

remist

Also the American squad for Persona is still rolling deep at Evo and we're still practicing hard as ever, and several JP gods are still on their way. Again it sucks, but doesn't stop us from supporting and playing hard.

What JP players are confirmed coming after this?

Top Bottom