• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | March 30 - April 6 | High Speed Korean Downloads

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Anyone know where to get a good arcade stick from for not too much? A friend is looking for one.

Buy a cheap Madcatz Brawl stick from amazon then mod it or wait for the next tourney for madcatz coupon codes I guess.

There's also craigslist and stuff.

Edit:beaten to the punch

casperOne

Of course Sundance might not even be saying the whole story.

Personally, I found that tweet to be extremely subversive, and intended to paint Capcom as the the party that ran afoul.

I also don't think that if that MLG was serious about getting Street Fighter at future events that Sundance would be making these statements; you're not going to engender a good business relationship by blatantly painting the other party in a bad light.

A simple "we weren't able to get it, but we're going to keep trying" would have sufficed and probably be better for whatever the relationship is between MLG and Capcom.

Okay, having checked the recent Capcom pro tour announcements, I can confidently state that Europe might well be enjoying the best year in its competitive history.

This is a list of 2014's major tournaments:

Jan: Nothing
Feb: IVGC (awesome)
March: Hypespotting (best event ever)
April: Nothing
May: Stunfest, RoF3 (as mentioned prior, although the UK is goimg to Stunfest)
June: Dreamhack Summer
July: Dreamhack Valencia
August: Super VS Battle (potentially huge), Versus Fighting 4
September: Dreamhack Stockholm
October: Red Fight District
November: Dreamhack Winter
December: Nothing

THAT IS INSANE

Dreamhack are basically proppimg up the European scene top which is great.

how big is Republic of Fighters anyway?

I think you're making that up. Or confusing Sundance with Triforce.

Nope, I very distinctly remember someone from MLG saying something about naming the people who are keeping Capcom games from their events if Street Fighter didn't make it to Anaheim. Pretty sure it was mentioned in one of these threads.

I can't find the tweets at the moment, but I figured you would have a little more faith in me. Why would I make something like that up?

casperOne

Nope, I very distinctly remember someone from MLG saying something about naming the people who are keeping Capcom games from their events if Street Fighter didn't make it to Anaheim.

Speaking again to how MLG makes statements that don't help the relationship, it's not like it's difficult to figure out who the people involved in saying no would be.

It wouldn't be any big surprise to the community, given that this is a venture of Capcom USA, and we pretty much know all of the people in decision-making positions in regards to Capcom fighters and the pro tour.

I can't see any benefit of making those statements in the first place except to ruffle feathers/kick up something if they didn't get what they wanted.

Personally, I found that tweet to be extremely subversive, and intended to paint Capcom as the the party that ran afoul.

I also don't think that if that MLG was serious about getting Street Fighter at future events that Sundance would be making these statements; you're not going to engender a good business relationship by blatantly painting the other party in a bad light.

A simple "we weren't able to get it, but we're going to keep trying" would have sufficed and probably be better for whatever the relationship is between MLG and Capcom.

Speaking again to how MLG makes statements that don't help the relationship, it's not like it's difficult to figure out who the people involved in saying no would be.

It wouldn't be any big surprise to the community, given that this is a venture of Capcom USA, and we pretty much know all of the people in decision-making positions in regards to Capcom fighters and the pro tour.

I can't see any benefit of making those statements in the first place except to ruffle feathers/kick up something if they didn't get what they wanted.

I see this happen quite often with the "esports" types in competitive gaming. Lots of entitlement issues, though I guess that can be said for just about every scene.

casperOne

wow did disney allow them to do that?

does this mean capcom is slowly back to getting cozy with disney?

MARVEL PATCH COMING?

While I don't believe this means that a patch is coming, it's mind-boggling to think that Disney did allow them to do this for them (of course, it helps promote Winter Soldier, but still) given everything that's happened around Marvel.

But it's still good to see that not all channels of communication are cut off.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
While I don't believe this means that a patch is coming, it's mind-boggling to think that Disney did allow them to do this for them (of course, it helps promote Winter Soldier, but still) given everything that's happened around Marvel.

But it's still good to see that not all channels of communication are cut off.

interesting that they use so much MvCO footage - it is the only MvC you can still buy on XBLA.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
God, that part of the MvC3 trailer with Cap and the helicopter is so fucking awesome.

The MvC3 Episodes were so good. Shame they cut the Story mode, I wanted more.

Clawww

God, that part of the MvC3 trailer with Cap and the helicopter is so fucking awesome.

The MvC3 Episodes were so good. Shame they cut the Story mode, I wanted more.

haha, I just watched it and thought the same thing--that's a really cool scene

casperOne

This couldn't be more fucking fantastic if it tried.

RainbowBison.gif

ismk

I'm trying to display a picture uploaded via IMGUR but it isn't displaying, anyone know why?

EDIT: Never mind, I'm an idiot.

Here's the schedule to Texas Showdown and the streamers.

EWpXery.png

I created a thread, but I will post this info here just in case anyone missed it

Virtua Fighter FEVERCOMBO

http://www.4gamer.net/games/252/G025276/20140404062/

HOT of the heels of SNK Playmore announcing the pachislot game Fatal Fury Premimum we get this bit of news.

A few highlights I can pick out with my dwindling Japanese. F2P with in app purchases. You can pre register now (Japan only from the looks of it), but the game will not launch until later in April. You get an Akira card for pre-registering. They want to condense the feel of a fighting game into a card game.

Top Bottom