• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | March 30 - April 6 | High Speed Korean Downloads

thehadou

Neo Member
So, in the campaign to let everyone know that Marvel is, in fact, anime, I present this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmvUnYiripg

A new Marvel anime called Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers. It's like some weird beyblade/pokemon thing, except instead of battling with tops, they fight with discs that summon Marvel characters, apparently. It's super weird, and I can't wait to watch it. It will either be surprisingly good like Build Fighters or an entertaining trainwreck.

It also has some...interesting redesigns of Marvel characters.

40G0ETx.jpg

BkWlzKZCcAEUjIb.jpg

I can't get over that Strange look.

Also, somebody needs to edit this video or screenshots from it into profiles of Marvel players with their characters.

That Iron Fist offends me. My day is significantly worse having seen this.

thehadou

Neo Member
I'm mainly excited for KBrad's sponsorship as it'll finally put some shackles on his ever increasing alphabet soup handle.

ChrisG is gonna be sponsored by Smedwicks.

Not until he learns to eat good food

is the sponsorship a free pass to the second round?

Damn lol, this is good

He can't even sponsor himself with a white fighting edge. And sponsors are usually confident people.

Texas is a major because he lives there. :)

It's not that I can't, I just need to save money and school books are expensive :/

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
So, in the campaign to let everyone know that Marvel is, in fact, anime, I present this

A new Marvel anime called Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers. It's like some weird beyblade/pokemon thing, except instead of battling with tops, they fight with discs that summon Marvel characters, apparently. It's super weird, and I can't wait to watch it. It will either be surprisingly good like Build Fighters or an entertaining trainwreck.

40G0ETx.jpg

BkWlzKZCcAEUjIb.jpg

Also, somebody needs to edit this video or screenshots from it into profiles of Marvel players with their characters.

Damn that is ugly.

This is what happens when you actually do mix anime with Marvel.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Last year a GAFFER won AE. PR Rog being there might make things a little more difficult but he could do it.

Ixian

I remember on NLBC this week REO signed up without his EMP tag and Triforce made a fuss about it to Spooky (in Twitch chat I guess); I guess he didn't know then. :p

oh yea on asian tournies, the two that I think of that could be worthing putting in the pro tour is sea (south east asia major) and shadowloo. Those both have a good presence of internationals and are big enough

Tik-Tok

40G0ETx.jpg

BkWlzKZCcAEUjIb.jpg

PREASE SET YOUR HERO BASE

BEGINNING PRAVSKY PARTICRE DISSPERSAR

PREASE SET YOUR HERO DISK

40G0ETx.jpg

BkWlzKZCcAEUjIb.jpg

looks like it's on par with the blazblue anime...

Beckx

Great to hear Kbrad got signed to EG. I wonder when is the ETA to the Chris G signing

He needs to win something major again. You have to think that Kbrad defeating Infiltration on stage at SCR sealed the deal for EG.

You have to think if he actually won EVO he'd get picked up.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Looks like Capcom cocked blocked MLG again because of SEA Major.

https://twitter.com/MLGSundance/status/452180152274137088

But it does look like they're on board as long as it doesn't coincide with a big community tournament. It's just that I don't think this should be an issue since SEA Major is on a different continent and is separated by an ocean.

I don't like speculation stuff like this. Your above info is wrong.

I don't like speculation stuff like this. Your above info is wrong.

I just made a few assumptions based on what I read. I didn't think I said anything bad at all. Maybe besides the "cock block" part. It seems like Capcom is the ones that doesn't want MLG to run SF when their is a big community event that same weekend. Not that the SEA guys had anything to do with it. But they're talking now so the future looks brighter now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hey enzo, there's a robot fighting tournament at Super Arcade next Saturday, can you add it to next week's thread? There's at least three Gundam Gaf and related people going to play. Here are the details.

13081505494_007c8ec952_o.gif
Will do.

I guess the Nintendo Direct belongs there too, huh.

Enzo probably won't see this until much later, but I sent in my answers for the player of the week thing.
Thanks! Might knock on your door if it's too long when I actually start putting the thread together but it doesn't seem too bad.

Looks like Capcom cocked blocked MLG again because of SEA Major.

https://twitter.com/MLGSundance/status/452180152274137088

But it does look like they're on board as long as it doesn't coincide with a big community tournament. It's just that I don't think this should be an issue since SEA Major is on a different continent and is separated by an ocean.
Is SEA Major a Pro Tour qualifier?

Is SEA Major a Pro Tour qualifier?

If you mean what I think you mean, then yes they are. They're a Premiere Event with a automatic spot to the person that wins the tournament. Capcom will be there to stream it and give out an extra 2k like they will for every other Premiere Event.

And that's why I think they said no to MLG. They probably want to put more emphasis on this tournament and not have another big event on the same weekend. Again, just my assumption.

undersakura

Neo Member
Sundance has referred to "bad blood" between MLG and Capcom for the reason why SF isn't at their events. Doesn't look like that has changed.

Top Bottom