• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | March 30 - April 6 | High Speed Korean Downloads

I was mucking around in Google Now and asked "When's Mahvel".

The program actually spelt my voice command as Mahvel and linked loads of pics of signs saying When's Mahvel.

What

I don't even

Kumubou

Sundance has referred to "bad blood" between MLG and Capcom for the reason why SF isn't at their events. Doesn't look like that has changed.
The impression that now is that Capcom US is very conscious of the grassroots community... that and/or they didn't want attention divided between a Capcom Cup qualifier and another big event. I suspect that if SEAM was not a Capcom Cup qualifier, they would have gotten permission and Capcom's support.

(Wasn't there a similar issue with IPL back in the day, where they had announced SF4 at IPL5 and then had to drop it because it was conflicting with Final Round?)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The impression that now is that Capcom US is very conscious of the grassroots community... that and/or they didn't want attention divided between a Capcom Cup qualifier and another big event. I suspect that if SEAM was not a Capcom Cup qualifier, they would have gotten permission and Capcom's support.

(Wasn't there a similar issue with IPL back in the day, where they had announced SF4 at IPL5 and then had to drop it because it was conflicting with Final Round?)
Yeah, seemingly the difference in history has been MLG saying "who cares, we have the money" when it comes to overlap and IPL making a commitment to never interfere with existing events. That's why they went with IPL. I'm sure even if there was bad blood and MLG had something positive and beneficial to offer, business would have happened regardless of a previous falling out. It is business, after all.

Seems from that tweet they still don't seem to be very cognizant of its importance to Capcom anyways.

Looks like Capcom cocked blocked MLG again because of SEA Major.

https://twitter.com/MLGSundance/status/452180152274137088

But it does look like they're on board as long as it doesn't coincide with a big community tournament. It's just that I don't think this should be an issue since SEA Major is on a different continent and is separated by an ocean.

...that's it? Weren't they threatening to blow some shit up if they didn't get Street Fighter?

Schedule for Texas Showdown

Friday, April 4
2PM - 10PM: Doors open, Registrations, Check-in
6PM: Project M, Capcom vs. SNK 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 2
7PM: GGAC, Street Fighter x Tekken
8PM: Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

Saturday, April 5
9AM: Doors open
10AM: Injustice, Killer Instinct
12PM: King of Fighters 13 , Super Smash Bros Melee , Street Fighter Alpha 3
1PM: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 , Street Fighter IV
3PM: Soul Calibur 5, Super Street Fighter II Turbo
4PM: BlazBlue, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
7PM: Top 8 King of Fighters 13, Top 8 Melee, Top 8 Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Sunday, April 6
9AM: Doors Open
10AM: Blaze Blue Top 8, Killer Instinct Top 8
1PM: Injustice Top 8, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Top 16
4PM: Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Top 32

Dahbomb

I would totally watch that Marvel disk anime.

Just got back from Captain America and all I have to say is...

Cap'n 'MERICUH FUCK YEA MUTHER FUCKAH!!!

Kimosabae

Banned
Dahbomb, where can I find a breakdown of DMC4 Dante's Styles? I never got far into DMC3 and the OT only talks about them in passing.

undersakura

Neo Member

I'm not trying to hate on MLG but they aren't considered grassroots. They're entirely funded by venture capital.
Of course Sundance might not even be saying the whole story. Capcom and Twitch seem to be on really good terms and MLG has their own streaming platform.

Dahbomb

Dahbomb, where can I find a breakdown of DMC4 Dante's Styles? I never got far into DMC3 and the OT only talks about them in passing.
Basic DMC4 Dante guides

Dante Melee weapons guide

Firearm weapons guide

Swordmaster and Gunslinger styles guide

Trickster, Royal Guard and Darkslayer styles guide

Devil Trigger guide

Starting DMC4 guide plus a small guide for Nero

Basic guide on Styles and other basic stuff. There should be more advance guides from other users as well for Dante.

Advance stuff :

Dante Jump cancel + weapon switch tutorial

Dante Advance Combat Part 1

Dante Advance Combat Part 2

Nero Advance combat

Nero Advance combat part 2

Kimosabae

Banned
(ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻

Sorry. It's easy to miss a PM which is why I posted it here.

Plus, I figured DMC4 was more relevant to FGs than food/movies :/

attn oneida

tumblr_n3gvguyIT51ttrv5uo1_500.jpg

Kimosabae

Banned
How do you miss a PM when it shows up in giant glowing colors

"Giant glowing colors?" You mean the little mailbox with the counter to the right in the upper-right hand corner? I miss it all the time and often respond to PMs days later because of it. I never look at that side of the screen because I never need to.

CurlyW

Yeah, seemingly the difference in history has been MLG saying "who cares, we have the money" when it comes to overlap and IPL making a commitment to never interfere with existing events. That's why they went with IPL. I'm sure even if there was bad blood and MLG had something positive and beneficial to offer, business would have happened regardless of a previous falling out. It is business, after all.

If only IPL had as much of a commitment towards paying out tournament winners.

...that's it? Weren't they threatening to blow some shit up if they didn't get Street Fighter?

I think you're making that up. Or confusing Sundance with Triforce.

Kalamari

I would totally watch that Marvel disk anime.

Just got back from Captain America and all I have to say is...

Cap'n 'MERICUH FUCK YEA MUTHER FUCKAH!!!

It's so good to see something better than the lackluster IM2 and Thor 2 films.

And, wow that Kbrad got another sponsor, he is gonna need a nascar-like jacket to display them all. Or did EG make him drop all of his other sponsors?

kirblar

It's so good to see something better than the lackluster IM2 and Thor 2 films.

And, wow that Kbrad got another sponsor, he is gonna need a nascar-like jacket to display them all. Or did EG make him drop all of his other sponsors?
EG already has a literal NASCAR jacket full of sponsors. :p

Shouta

(ノ`Д´)ノ彡┻━┻

Sorry. It's easy to miss a PM which is why I posted it here.

Plus, I figured DMC4 was more relevant to FGs than food/movies :/

So PM him and then tell him to check his PMs in here, lol.

Also, yeah. food movies got old fast. >=o

Okay, having checked the recent Capcom pro tour announcements, I can confidently state that Europe might well be enjoying the best year in its competitive history.

This is a list of 2014's major tournaments:

Jan: Nothing
Feb: IVGC (awesome)
March: Hypespotting (best event ever)
April: Nothing
May: Stunfest, RoF3 (as mentioned prior, although the UK is goimg to Stunfest)
June: Dreamhack Summer
July: Dreamhack Valencia
August: Super VS Battle (potentially huge), Versus Fighting 4
September: Dreamhack Stockholm
October: Red Fight District
November: Dreamhack Winter
December: Nothing

THAT IS INSANE

Dreamhack are basically proppimg up the European scene top which is great.

Top Bottom