• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 4-10 | WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!

Line_HTX

... And that's it for me. This is what happens when I don't play Tag 2 for a year and forget all my low pokes, mixups, punishers, and tag assault combos.

Now I can spend the rest on Tekken 7.
Buff Lili or RIOT!

mbpm1

It's basically boiling a fighting game down to the core concept of trying to read your opponent. (as the name suggests) At first it can be a little hard to understand the basic strategies and why you should do certain things over others, but once you get over that initial hump it can be a lot of fun. On a mechanical level it's fairly straight forward, and the rules are simple and easy to understand.

Might check it out then

hope it captures the fun of DPing your opponent on wakeup until they stop pressing buttons and then throwing them lol

mbpm1

Ditto here for that scenario. My wife adores the Intuos we got. She's always on it and I can't blame her. It makes painting so fluid and natural on PC. I'm hoping for Wacom to partner with Samsung to make a peripheral that functions on their tablets better than the S-pen does on my Galaxy note. Then its painting on the go with even more accuracy :)

Lol I just started thinking about getting into artsy-type things within the past few days. Got a wacom tablet too.

It doesn't quite do that, sadly.

Eh, worth a try I guess. Like I said, most non-fighting games I've tried recently I've just been bored of after a few minutes, so I gotta break that cycle somehow.

NEO0MJ

Evil Within has one of the best art direction in recent years, technically though, it looks like an up-ressed PS3 game and run like a late PS3 Ubi Soft game. Though not because of effects, it's a newly formed Japanese(or is it Chinese) studio's first game, and they had to port it to 5 different platforms using a western engine that depend heavily on CPU power(which X1/PS4 really lack). Basically, Evil Within runs poorly because of some bad decisions made by the suits at Bethesda.

I wonder why Mikami went with Bethesda. Were they really his best option?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
If you want general audience appeal:

Capcom Vs. Sega and Sega Vs. Capcom.

First game is a Marvel Vs. styled game. Second game would be Virtua Fighter styled.
I guess but unlike any capcom character Majima actually fits with the vf universe

MormaPope

Banned
I guess but unlike any capcom character Majima actually fits with the vf universe

Definitely true. But it would be gaudy and interesting to see random Capcom characters and Sega characters done more realistically. I'm probably alone on this but I loved this style of Megaman:

megaman.jpg

I even like this roided Sonic:

tumblr_n0wa2qfn3e1qeablwo1_250.gif

alstein

Might check it out then

hope it captures the fun of DPing your opponent on wakeup until they stop pressing buttons and then throwing them lol

It can if you play it right. Takes some getting used to and knowing options first, something I haven't gotten the hang of yet since I never really got into the game much before despite it being good.

wow grandmaster sub zero just eats scrubs alive
MK gonna be second to last game at evo at this rate.

Seriously though stream monsters seems to be pretty into it.

I dunno all they seem to do is ask when it's on and then complain about move spamming when people actually start playing

MormaPope

Banned

I think the game is fun but really dull to watch. I dunno, something about the pacing of fights makes it lack tension for me. Then again I think SFIV is almost always entertaining.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
This Ryan guy on the Marvel stream, holy shit he's fucking terrible. Yams would take a round off of Noel, at least.

I think I would go even if I switch teams to stop rocks lol

Why make an XF2 hitbox video? Do hitboxes change in XF?

yeah, wesker's crouching heavy is smaller, idk about any other normals but hitboxes do shrink, its weird as hell. its why unknown doesnt go for crouch heavy very often with wesker on xfactor.

Definitely true. But it would be gaudy and interesting to see random Capcom characters and Sega characters done more realistically. I'm probably alone on this but I loved this style of Megaman:]

Dude, I loved that version of Megaman. Capcom outdid themselves making that character as cringeworthy as possible.

Village

Its a very good video game with all the bells and whistles to bring in peeps who might not be in other fighting games.

It deserves its praises.

If you want general audience appeal:

Capcom Vs. Sega and Sega Vs. Capcom.

First game is a Marvel Vs. styled game. Second game would be Virtua Fighter styled.

I'd play it, just for Edge teleport bullshittery
Shadow

Vegil

Wesker

xwnK24Z.jpg

Vurtua fighter is just bleh

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just recently unlocked everything in MKX mobile :(

Except the Raiden Challenge unlock, because that isn't live yet.

Village

teleport bullshittery is great, virtua fighter is just bleh

pleb

Virtua fighter that game I respect but have no interest in playing

Marvel bullshittery is something I can get behind

A hypotheticalgame where I can be Shadow , Virgil and Wesker and just teleport stop time and have moves with bullshit hitboxes? I'm in.

Although if you wanna split a 3rd way and make it capcom, namco , and sega and make it play like tekken i'm also down.

Morris

Disco Devil
A quick Elphelt impression after playing some Xrd 1.1:

Pineberry nerf is meaningless. Character is still stupid good and I'm still happily bopping people with her.

Faust's low drill cancel is amusing. You can get instant j.K 2S 2H pogo on the whole cast apparently. 14f overhead you can combo from. On Dhalsim :'D

K.Sabot

How is it? I can't hear because I'm playing T7

Was actually impressed with his XRD commentary, did it completely solo and almost managed to keep up while mentioning just about everything happening in the match.

Even Jiyuna was giving him mad props on twitter.

Top Bottom