• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake has shipped and sold digitally over 7 million copies

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
fail black and white GIF

Just like every Final Fantasy game on Playstation these days.
/s

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Not bad considering they gave the game away for free less than a year after it released and then gave away the PS5 upgrade for free.

Last edited:
They put the game on PS+ just 11 months after release and the 1-year exclusivity on EGS.

Congrats to SE, FFXVI is heading there.

Go_Ly_Dow

Those don't count as sells, maybe they should go by players or engagement or how many times players pressed square.
Oh yeah I know, I was just making the point that selling 7million copies for a game that was available for free less than a year after release is very good.

The game has also been available under PS+ for quite some time.

So they would have made money from the 7mil copies, merchandise, exclusivity deals with Sony (12months then an extension), PS+, Epic store exclusivity. Must have made them a nice chunk of change hence why they increased the budget for Rebirth.

Astral Dog

Well deserved, its a pretty good game, and FFVII Rebirth looks to be even better in every way

Last edited:

Madflavor

Isn't this kinda....underwhelming? The last update on sales we had for FFVII:R was 5 million in August 2020. So with the next gen Intergrade version and 3 additional years, they only managed to sell 2 million more?

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Isn't this kinda....underwhelming? The last update on sales we had for FFVII:R was 5 million in August 2020. So with the next gen Intergrade version and 3 additional years, they only managed to sell 2 million more?
Not releasing a Switch version was a major missed opportunity for SE.

Unknown?

Inter grade was given away for free, I got it on PS Plus, so no.

Crayon

I honestly feel bad for not buying it and playing it on the sub. Not because the need the money but because I was so sure it was going to suck so hard that I was practically scared to try it. Turns out it's amazing. I've actually been junking it on my second playthrough for the last week.

graywolf323

2.87m players were chosen to get fucked by Don Corneo

6.2m players were confused about their sexuality after seeing Cloud in a dress.

Who doesn't want to know about these great engagement stats?
500,000 players bought the game just so they could leave negative reviews on Steam đź«Ł

Top Bottom