• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Theme Song Trailer

Javthusiast

Banned
CYSRyOY.jpg

mejin

As awesome as this looks, I'm having a bad feeling that we may never get the other episodes.

They've really bitten off a lot with this project. I hope they don't determine further episodes aren't worth the effort.

money will talk. this is definitely going to sell a lot in a single platform and then, they will port to the rest to get some more.

However, I wonder what SE will do about the future of the series as a whole.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
Production values seems really high for a remake.
That FF vibes, Im feeling like 16 again.
I guess my first FF buy since FF12.

blackjon24

Lol this "spoiled" me more than any of the leaks. Did square go to far with the this trailer? Especially for those who've never played the original?

Aggelos

Lol this "spoiled" me more than any of the leaks. Did square go to far with the this trailer? Especially for those who've never played the original?

Probably they showed quite a lot, because it was meant to be shown at the forthcoming Tapei Game Show, but the show got postponed.

Doom85

Okay, I got way too hyped at the beginning because IIRC in the original the first non-flashback appearance of Sephiroth is on the boat when Cloud and co. see him (I'm not counting what he does off-screen in the President's office). So I thought, "OMG, have they been downplaying the game all this time, and it really will go further than Midgar?" But then I see Hojo watching them on all those monitors and realize, "oh, they rewrote the scene so this happens earlier" as I'm pretty sure that's not happening on a boat.

Still looks awesome. After XV left me down, I'm hoping this will deliver.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Here I was slowly getting pulled in more and more, but wasn't expecting to be pulled in THIS much. Honestly, while I was never really the biggest FF fan, I adored 7, and I really loved 3/5. That being said, the amount of nostalgia being felt with this is through the roof. I just think I'm gonna do my best to hang tight until it's all released and complete before diving in.

mortal

Visually it looks amazing, although I still have my issues with the art direction. I honestly dislike that blue tint in some scenes.
Also I think the slums to look much too clean, lacking that land fill and hoarder clutter and density from the original.

The English dub is painfully mediocre. The dialogue sounds unnatural, with both the writing and line delivery.

I understand that with this being a remake, there are going to be some creative changes made from the original. That being said, I'm not a fan of some of these changes lol

Last edited:

Zephir

What the hell is with you and censorship, SquareEnix? I'm way beyond disappointed.........

Give Palmer his lard and stop pushing the butter agenda!

Aggelos

SQUARE ENIX INTRODUCES THE WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE THROUGH MUSIC
Experience the Awe-Inspiring Music from the Game with 20-City Orchestra World Tour Also Announced for This Year

LOS ANGELES (Jan. 31, 2020) – SQUARE ENIX® today introduced the spectacular music for FINAL FANTASY® VII REMAKE, unveiling the theme song for the highly anticipated game with a brand new trailer, alongside behind-the-scenes interviews with the track’s creators. The theme song, titled “Hollow”, is written by revered FINAL FANTASY series composer Nobuo Uematsu and features vocals from Singer-Songwriter, Yosh – from Japanese Rock band, Survive Said The Prophet.

Alongside the theme song, the brand-new trailer gives a further glimpse at FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE’s epic boss battles and characters, taking viewers even deeper into the eclectic city of Midgar. For returning fans, the trailer also showcases some memorable moments reminiscent of the original game reimagined for the Remake.

Additionally, fans will get to experience the breath-taking music from FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE live, including the game’s theme song, during the Orchestra World Tour in over 10 cities, in cooperation with AWR Music Productions. Starting in Los Angeles this June, the concerts will feature music from the game’s soundtrack performed by a majestic orchestra and full chorus, all conducted by GRAMMY®-Award winner Arnie Roth known for his work on Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY. For more concert and ticketing information, visit: http://ffvii-remakeconcerts.com/.

For those unable to attend, the full FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Original Soundtrack will also be available from early Summer 2020.

Finally, those who pre-order any version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE from the SQUARE ENIX Store will receive an exclusive FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE lanyard and automatically be entered for a chance to win a stunning limited-edition Sephiroth or Cloud Strife Chronograph watch. More information on how to win these remarkable time pieces is available at: https://sqex.link/n2o.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE is a reimagining of the iconic original game that re-defined the RPG genre, diving deeper into the world and its characters than ever before. The first game in the project will be set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience that provides a great starting point to the series. Along with unforgettable characters and a powerful story, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE features a hybrid battle system that merges real-time action with strategic, command-based combat.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be available for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system on April 10, 2020. For more information, visit:
www.ffvii-remake.com

Last edited:
trailer was awesome, a lot of stuff going on, the honeybee inn part, if done correct, will be another classic. tifa's attack on jenova looked badass.

however, i don't like that vocal song at all --- i never bitch about english VA but some of it here and the writing was pretty bad. a couple of the outdoor environments, like while fighting the helicopter looked extremely bland, as it if was unfinished.

i really hope this game is great.

ps- scarlet is bangin

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Everything looks great, except the voice acting. It sounds in the trailers like a significant drop off from the FFXIII trilogy(I haven’t played FFXV yet so can’t compare to that) but voice acting to me isn’t a huge deal, I expect most JRPGs to have mediocre or worse voice acting. As long as the gameplay is good and everything else looks good and so far it looks so much better than I ever expected.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
pretty excited for this.

at this point it doesn't even matter if we never get the other epsiodes. just the fact this exists and is about to come out is blowing my mind.

KàIRóS

Please someone tell me SE didn't rewrote events like the Kalm flashback and the JENOVA ship battle to fit the Midgar arc, I'm going to be really pissed if they did that, the coolest thing about going to Kalm was playing as Sephiroth, I think I shouldn't have watched this trailer.

Arkage

Banned
I actually dig the new theme song. It's for the end credits I think, and in the interview Uematsu said the goal was to make it melancholy, visualizing Cloud standing in the rain. I'll have to check out the lyrics more closely when the full version of the tune is released. Also sounds like the boss theme (Those Who Fight Further) being played in the second half of the trailer is a bit closer to the original track than the ones heard in other trailers/demo leak. Has more kick/brass to it, which is good.

Also holy FUCK I am so hype. I ordered the 1st class edition but I'm contemplating buying the digital version too just so I can play it at midnight on release day ughhhhhh. Also contemplating cleaning and repasting my PS4 pro because it sounds like a fuckin jet engine on most games and considering the graphical fidelity on display here I'd rather soak in the tunes then the sounds of fans.

Last edited:

Athreous

FF VII was my first 3d rpg... also one of the first ps1 games that I played... I remember going to a store where they used to rent some games and there was this Demo Disc in the shelf, and I liked the FFVII image at the cover's back... I was so amazed by it's graphics and gameplay back in the day that I looked everywhere to buy the oficial game...
It became my most favorite and loved game of all time... It's a dream that's becoming true to have such a great quality in the remake...

Everything looks great, except the voice acting. It sounds in the trailers like a significant drop off from the FFXIII trilogy(I haven’t played FFXV yet so can’t compare to that) but voice acting to me isn’t a huge deal, I expect most JRPGs to have mediocre or worse voice acting. As long as the gameplay is good and everything else looks good and so far it looks so much better than I ever expected.
Dual audio dude.

Top Bottom