• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehbear

gofreak said:
Well they're only going to buy one OR the other..in most cases..

At worst it's neutral for them.

As an exclusive I think it might have held more power for Sony in Japan against Nintendo. But they're unlikely to throw their own weight behind it (in terms of marketing), and I just think anything that hurts Sony in Japan helps Nintendo more than Microsoft (if it help at all..if the ps3 were a threat at all there).

Given these minimal hardware bumps from huge blockbusters I am convinced the size of the HD market will prevent even the combined efforts of 360/PS3 from catching up to Nintendo, not the lack of exclusives on the twins.

But you are right, Microsoft really knows how to hurt Sony in Japan, and the plan is working beautifully.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Busty said:
I mean, it's not as if Sony didn't know this was going to happen.

I'm not sure just what Sony can have to respond to such news but we've got to allow them their 'day in court'.

Talked to a bunch of my contacts over at Sony today and none of them saw this coming.

I'm pretty surprised news of this magnitude did not leak or reach Sony's ears.

Still, we should expect good things out of Sony tomorrow. They're not one to sit back on their laurels after E3 2006.

bigcheda

I am not pissed at SE for releasing it on the Xbox (they were/are in financial trouble and anyone who thought it wasnt going to come out eventually is/was just think minded) however i am pretty mad at them for delaying the release to program it for the xbox. Release the finished PS3 code when its done and then release the Xbox code. The game has been delayed a ton of times already and now it wont be coming out till end of 09 or maybe even 2010.

TDG

Banned
Well, I'm not sure why anyone (except crazy fanboys) would be upset about this. More people get to play the game: great. It's stillon the PS3, it's not like this is going to kill the PS3, so everyone wins.

Well, except the Wii owners, but they all have multiple consoles. All the ones who would care about this, that is.

Red Scarlet

Well, that's pretty cool for the people with just 360's, but could probably suck a bit for the PS3-only people if it takes longer..I'd just import it anyway if I had a PS3.

ari said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I also like how all the sony fanboys was saying that microsoft press conference was shit. :lol

new dashboard
netflix
gow 2
fable 2
price drop
rock band 2
ff13
neat casual goodies

and more, overall it was impressive. :D

MS conderefence right until the FFXIII announcement was fucking awful and everyone will tell you this even the biggest X360 fans.

tehbear

chespace said:
Talked to a bunch of my contacts over at Sony today and none of them saw this coming.

Still, we should expect good things out of Sony tomorrow. They're not one to sit back on their laurels after E3 2006.

If they didn't know it was coming, it's too late to counter isn't it?

Threi

notag
a1m said:
Fuck you SE, fuck you.
1957506271088f3bf41ij0.jpg

USC-fan

Banned
zoku88 said:
If it makes you feel better, they won't start development on the 360 version until the PS3 version is done, so the quality of the PS3 version is independent of the 360 version...
So they plan to delayed the ps3 version to make the xbox 360. Jesus Christ this game won't come out till 2010 now.....FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!! :(

WTF!!!

WORST NEWS NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
bigcheda said:
I am not pissed at SE for releasing it on the Xbox (they were/are in financial trouble and anyone who thought it wasnt going to come out eventually is/was just think minded) however i am pretty mad at them for delaying the release to program it for the xbox. Release the finished PS3 code when its done and then release the Xbox code. The game has been delayed a ton of times already and now it wont be coming out till end of 09 or maybe even 2010.

Yeah pretty frustrating.. I havent played a FF game in a while but was looking forward to this.. knowing they take forever to come out here regardless, this only makes it worse..

Epix

Should we begin to speculate what kind of Sony announcement tomorrow would ease the sting?

Home stealth release this week?
Team ICO gameplay trailer and 08 release date?

Soul4ger

yoopoo said:
If the game was moneyhatted then it would be released in Japan too - Square simply looked at the low PS3 hardware and software sales and made the decision.

What kind of a dumb ass company would not like to get max sales from their software. Gotta be a fanboy developer to do something like that.

HELLO AND WELCOME TO KONAMI HOW CAN WE TAKE YOUR ORDER?

This is just further proof that Kojima and Konami's insistence on making MGS4 exclusive to PS3 is stupid from a business perspective. I'm sure it makes some people happy, but they would've recouped a lot more of those dev costs with a cheap port. Oh, well.

Nolan.

Busty said:
There is a difference between courting and SE blowing MS behind a VW camper van in the carpark of a bowling alley after closing.

While this is a MEGATON of unparalleled proportions I do think we need to try and remain calm until after Sony's conference tomorrow.

I mean, it's not as if Sony didn't know this was going to happen.

I'm not sure just what Sony can have to respond to such news but we've got to allow them their 'day in court'.

And owing to the fact the entire world's gaming population will be judging them that phrasing is probably correct.

Square might end up becoming the back stabbing whore every generation. I love it!. This is better than watching a tv drama or tv period.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Ravidrath said:
I really don't understand why people care if their game is exclusive to their system.

Why is the game only fun if people have to buy your system to play it? Why is only good if other people are suffering while you enjoy it?

You still get to play the game you wanted to play.
Well not really. Exclusive games are better because they take advantage of the system. Multiplatform games take to the lowest common denominator of both systems. There is also the way it controls. Devs seem to put the same control scheme on both systems to avoid tweeking them to fit each system. Also there is the fact that the more exclusive titles of a certain genre come out for one system, the more titles that will come out in the future due to type of user base the games have attracted. These means more games taking advantage of said system and having earlier releases.

fortified_concept said:
MS conderefence right until the FFXIII announcement was fucking awful and everyone will tell you this even the biggest X360 fans.

Yeah before that announcement the conference was really doing nothing for me.

Red Scarlet

Kbsmoker said:
So they plan to delayed the ps3 version to make the xbox 360. Jesus Christ this game won't come out till 2010 now.....FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!! :(

WTF!!!

The benefit of importing shines through agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So let's say Nintendo and Sony have solid conferences tomorrow..does this save E3?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
tehbear said:
If they didn't know it was coming, it's too late to counter isn't it?

Counter by doing..what..exactly?

There's very little room for shock value.

What they can and should do is stick a FFXIII trailer in amongst the many other games they show, and continue to highlight their PS3-onlys.

Microsoft didn't show too many new games, or a plethora of stand-out exclusives, so that's the playing field Sony should compete on.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Sony's got to show something amazing later... right??? :lol I mean right now there's one good reason to get a PS3 and it came out last month.

sinnergy

bigcheda said:

Who says this is true?, I think it was much longer in development than we think, who says we saw PS3 footage all this time ;)

Father_Brain said:
But you could make the same argument about ToV, IU, or SO4. All of those would sell better on PS3 over there, but they're 360 exclusives.

Yeah, the 700,000+ sales of LO was pretty shitty, particularly for a new IP.

What's this Final Fantasy thing again? You say they've made 12 games before this one?

Tron 2.0

I laughed.

That's awesome. Way to save Microsoft's conference, Square.

And who thought that the 360 would be the best console for JRPGs this generation. Insanity.

ok im confused, is the ps3 version first i the US then they will start developing for the 360? If so 360 owners will be waiting awhile but please correcyt me if Im wrong.

tehbear

Kbsmoker said:

WTF!!!

Technically it's still Sony's fault for not dominating the market share so Square doesn't have to do this!!! Blame Sony?

KTallguy

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
The benefit of importing shines through agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain.

Hell yes.

And at least PS3 is region free.

I really wish I had a JP Xbox... but then I couldn't play my other 360 games.

Too complicated this gen.

Tron 2.0 said:
I laughed.

That's awesome. Way to save Microsoft's conference, Square.

And who thought that the 360 would be the best console for JRPGs this generation. Insanity.

Man no joke it really has become a great system for JRPG's.

yoopoo

Banned
chespace said:

OMG that makes it even more sweeter :lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This is GREAT news for Xbox. It's too bad the localization process will suffer and it will take way longer for this to come out here. But to those that are automatically discounting Sony, you disappoint me. It;d be one thing if PS3 wasn't even getting the game but people think this one announcement will overshadow all the games coming for PS3? I am pumped for 13 but all this fanboy banter doesn't make the PS3 worse. I feel like I'm in the Gamespot SW forums here.

Already at 30 pages ... heh.

I don't think this spells DOOM like some people are saying, but WOW did Sony just let a big one get away.

Can they even recover this E3? MS's presentation went like this:

boring, predictable, more of the same, some 360 Mii's, a 360 singstar, more boring and predictable stuff, BOOOM WTF OMFG MEGATON SHOW STEALING FFXIII MULTI-PLAT ANNOUNCEMENT.

Hopefully this won't affect the actual product. As far as FFXIII VS. is concerned, I now HIGHLY doubt its exclusivity also.

What's with Square loving the 360 and hating the PS3 this gen?

BTW ... its cool people on the 360 will also get to enjoy this game as well...

WOW

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
fortified_concept said:
No.

It was embarrassing to see the executives demonstrate certain things, but it had already delivered for me.
Think about this:

Rock Band 2 timed exclusive.
5 player coop Gears of War 2
Exclusive DLC Fallout 3
NetFlix DL at no extra cost.
Dashboard remake. (ignore the avatars)
LIPS uses your zune/ipod tracks.
Geo Wars 2 next month
Galaga remake
Banjo XBLA

The FFXIII announcement was just for the lulz.

Philthy

Metalmurphy said:
I'd think bitter is the wrong word. He's a mod and there was a time when comments like those would get you banned.

Bull. NeoGAF has always let poo fling all over the threads. Especially when announcements like this come out. The only time I've seen someone banned is when someone is posting offensive stuff that is way over the line and hit GameFAQs level. Trying to act like NeoGAF has had any sort of "no fanboy commentary allowed" is a bit off.

This is not SA, or any other board that swings the ban hammer at the slightest hint of thread shitting. This is NG.

nib95

Banned
If they delay the US/PAL PS3 version till the 360 port is ready that will be a piss take, but honestly, I can't see them doing that.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
fortified_concept said:

The conference was awful. The content shown was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom