• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII Information Thread | March 9, 2010 NA/EU

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Fimbulvetr said:
They show a military school for magic kids with red capes as part of their uniform, I don't think much has changed. :lol

There are battle screens for Agito. There's even battle footage in the trailers. Those are the things which would likely have undergone significant changes.

Vrakanox

What about that blue haired guy with the feathers. Either way I'm going to keep hoping for a bigger cast until the end. I love games with lots of characters. Not so many that the story suffers or anything.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Fimbulvetr said:

final-fantasy-agito-xiii-playstation-portable-psp-008.jpg
final-fantasy-agito-xiii-playstation-portable-psp-009.jpg

Latest shots from TGS.

Vrakanox said:
What about that blue haired guy with the feathers. Either way I'm going to keep hoping for a bigger cast until the end. I love games with lots of characters. Not so many that the story suffers or anything.

Well then, six is that number.

Zilch said:
Is Serah definitely not a party member? Is there definitive proof?

I think that Nomura said as much, not to mention that we have only 6 weapon slots and they are all taken.

Zilch

Banned
Where are the images with the weapons slots? I must have missed that.

edit: put me in the camp that believes the bigger the cast of playable characters, the better. only the plot-relevant characters really need development. i just want a wide selection to PLAY as!

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Fimbulvetr said:
As good as BBS would have been a start.

Then again they have two distinct styles.

Well, they run under the same engine (CCFF7) which is already a good reference (graphic-wise, at least)

duckroll

bernardobri said:
Well, they run under the same engine (CCFF7) which is already a good reference (graphic-wise, at least)

I don't know if this is really true anymore. I used to believe it was likely, but BbS isn't even developed in Tokyo. Considering how S-E Osaka developed the PS2 version of Chain of Memories, BbS should be using technology built from that experience.

B.K.

Fimbulvetr said:
As good as BBS would have been a start.

At least those Agito screens are probably pretty close to what we can really expect from the game, unlike all those Birth by Sleep bullshots.

bengraven

This will be my first FF since X, I used to be a huge fanboy.

I'm really excited for it and it's the first JRPG I'll have played since X as well after years of WRPGs.

I still think Snow looks a little old for Sareh.

lorddarkflare said:
No, here is goodtastesville(USA) we think that piece of junk looks grotesque.

duckroll said:
I don't know about that. Birth by Sleep has been playable for over a year now, unless you are suggesting that they're bullshotting the demo PSP units too.

Better change my Optima to "Oh snap" because someone just got told. :lol

duckroll

B.K. said:
At least those Agito screens are probably pretty close to what we can really expect from the game, unlike all those Birth by Sleep bullshots.

I don't know about that. Birth by Sleep has been playable for over a year now, unless you are suggesting that they're bullshotting the demo PSP units too.

duckroll said:

Yeah, i think that i this point, it is a fact that the game looks godly.

I fear that some other things will have to suffer though.

lorddarkflare said:
Yeah, i think that i this point, it is a fact that the game looks godly.

I fear that some other things will have to suffer though.

D:

Long as it has good level de....off-topic, focus people. .-.

Honestly, we have nothing more to talk about until the Famitsu leak, and then after a few days we should honestly let the thread die a little until someone has an honest FFXIII question. There's only so much you can say about a game that is not released yet.

ZephyrFate said:
Honestly, we have nothing more to talk about until the Famitsu leak, and then after a few days we should honestly let the thread die a little until someone has an honest FFXIII question. There's only so much you can say about a game that is not released yet.

Have you forgotten all those KZ2 threads? There is MUCH we can say about an unreleased game, not of it has to be factually accurate and lots of gifs will be posted, but it IS possible.

Kagari said:
Truncated the News section and archived the old news into a file.

Very nice, at least i no longer have to look at Noctis' ugly mug any longer.

If only someone would photoshop lightning out of that picture...

lorddarkflare said:
Very nice, at least i no longer have to look at Noctis' ugly mug any longer.

If only someone would photoshop lightning out of that picture...

And replace it with Serah amirite? ;D

lorddarkflare said:
Have you forgotten all those KZ2 threads? There is MUCH we can say about an unreleased game, not of it has to be factually accurate and lots of gifs will be posted, but it IS possible.
FF fans are harder to keep on track than KZ2 fans, I think.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
What's up peoples!

Is there still any interest in a translation of Episode Zero? I'll do one if there isn't already a decent fanslation.

Sipowicz

Banned
who are your facourite main characters now that all 3 have been revealed?

mine are lightning, fang and sazh. lightning because she seems to be a strong female lead. fang because she seems quite duplicitious and i expect her to be quite interesting.of the male characters i'd say sazh by default because the pedophile and the little boy seem to be so horrible

Sipowicz said:

mine are lightning, fang and sazh. lightning because she seems to be a strong female lead. fang because she seems quite duplicitious and i expect her to be quite interesting.of the male characters i'd say sazh by default because the pedophile and the little boy seem to be so horrible

?

I agree about your character choice, controlling time and space helps Lightning's case. :lol

Sipowicz said:

Meh.

Snow may be a Pedo, but i love his character design so i am going to ignore that character flaw. But other than that, i agree with your choices.

Sipowicz said:

I like Snow mainly because he has facial hair. The guy's pretty much a typical bishonen, but the facial hair makes it so he isn't androgynous. I want more designs like this so people can stop with the whole JRPG characters= androgynous pretty boys crap.

As for the other 2, Fang and Sazh I guess. I don't anyone will choose Hope and/or Vanille.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom