• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT3| Keniki Gauge Cost: 20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My quest log is full of undone level 50 quests to unlock hard modes for 2.0 dungeons/trials Do these have any relevance with SB imminent, or are they more or less obsolete pre-HW endgame stuff?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I started HW at launch and Duckroll is still going go finish before me. I'm still on 3.3.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
My quest log is full of undone level 50 quests to unlock hard modes for 2.0 dungeons/trials Do these have any relevance with SB imminent, or are they more or less obsolete pre-HW endgame stuff?

You'll unlock the Lv. 50 roulette if you do them, which is really helpful for leveling/tomestones. I'd recommend doing them.

Plus some of the hard variants are really interesting. Tam-Tara Hard and Haukke Hard are great.

duckroll just told me to check out NIN changes to get ready for SB rotation. It looks..messy? Like I lose my self-heal in mug (1-2k instant recovery) and without cross-class skills maybe my other one (second wind). Those have gotten me through a lot of pinches when after some big move I end up with like 500hp and instantly getting 4-5k back helps survive some minor hits until the healer comes in. I just finished 3.3 last night and on the last boss that definitely helped.

Also losing DoT sucks but I guess the combo buffs and dream within a dream buff make up for it.Although if Cross-Class skills are gone, I'll miss the critical up Internal Release.

A few slots will free up, 2 attacks won't have to be wasted on Dancing Edge for the debuff and 1 on Mutilate/DoT, But then I'll need to add 1 slot back in with Hide which was useless but now is essentially another Kassatsu.

On one hand I can see how I'll get lots of extra combo and Ninjutsu rotations in because of those freeing up things and I'll get a few more slots on my XMB. On the other hand, it's like they're taking a lot of interesting things out of Ninja rotation and all you'll be doing is the same three combos over and over with the same couple of ninjutsu over and over. Basically simplifying the rotation but making it more boring. Buffing the damage output, but nerfing the self-heal.

This is without the post-60 new skills which I didn't look out cause spoilers.

Every class breaks down to doing the same combos over and over with ogcds. Two branches with certain priorities.

Ninja bursting at least is interesting with dope animations.

iammeiam

Looking at the link you referenced, I know I've unlocked the logs already so I just haven't looked at them. I'm guessing I just hit start and can look at them all in there? What's the window that pops up when I first log in each day? I assumed it was side quests floating in the area but now I'm guessing it has more to do with the weekly challenge hunts you mentioned? I think I remember seeing daily roulette in there before when I hadn't run it yet so makes more sense that it's tied to that. Does the game tell me when I can do Beast Tribe quests? I just hit level 40 so might not be high enough yet. That's an idea though, I can queue up for a dungeon and knock out some hunt quests and such. I was knocking out main story quests while queued up for the daily roulette and it was a nice way to do things ha

Console or controller interface, start, Logs, Challenge Log/Hunting log will be in the list, yeah. The window that pops up at login is just a suggestion of level-appropriate things to do, not really breaking down higher or lower priorities. I just kind of turned it off and followed online guides because they were usually more up to date. Case in point!

This is content unlocks by level.

Beast tribes, optional dungeons, etc.

I had beaten that boss a few times before but have wiped twice right before killing him now and was wondering what the difference was. I guess my older groups knew to kill the adds and these other two didn't. I'll make sure to make a comment before starting the fight now as it's a colossal waste of time to wipe there. Still burns that my biggest ARMs gain run went to waste...

The other thing to remember is make sure all your pomanders of lust/strength/etc get burned; if you're random matching saving them does nothing, and lust is amazing for nuking adds in general.

Thank you so much for all the advice you've been providing, hopefully I'll level up quickly bouncing between all this stuff. If I had access to floors 51-60 I'd probably just grind that but since I don't and would have to start from floor one after 40 each time, yeah, alternative methods would be nice. Plus it's cool to run new dungeons. So to do that, I have to run up to the entrances of dungeons and it will unlock for me to duty find?

No problem; it's a lot at first and I can appreciate the tight deadline of wanting to ride the early hype wave. The thing I linked above will tell you where to get the quests for each dungeon. It's a small amount of running around to unlock, but you get a small amount of EXP for the effort and can often knock out some hunting log stuff or tag a couple of FATEs en route.

dramatis

I did 8v8 yesterday (I hated it lol)...is that frontlines? I will have to look when I get back...really wanted to finish up the MSQ today...basically I just need accessories and a weapon...all my other gear is 255

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1566835/
8v8 is Feast

8v8v8 is Frontlines

In both of them, nobody knows what they are doing

So it's not a huge deal, but you can earn Wolf Marks quickly and thus get i235 gear faster.

K-Marx

Banned
Is there any way to get into frontlines faster?

I really want the ADS mount but every time I queue the wait is 30+ minutes

Edzi

8v8 is Feast

8v8v8 is Frontlines

In both of them, nobody knows what they are doing

So it's not a huge deal, but you can earn Wolf Marks quickly and thus get i235 gear faster.

What's the fastest queue typically for pvp? I need to start doing it for gear, but the couple times I've tried in the past the queue was way too long so I just quit.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
E3 marketing:

DB8TU-TV0AI1PLg

Video of it being painted: https://mobile.twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/874329668748419076

dramatis

What's the fastest queue typically for pvp? I need to start doing it for gear, but the couple times I've tried in the past the queue was way too long so I just quit.
Feast queues faster than Frontlines because less people. Feast also finishes a lot quicker. Of course, Feast gives less marks than Frontlines.

Roles don't matter for pvp queue so there is no particular distinction in wait times.

What you do want to do however is adjust your Duty Finder settings and turn "Frontline Freelancer" on so that Frontlines will queue you into any grand company's party instead of only your grand company.

For Frontlines, you would want to queue the roulette rather than the individually listed instance.

Fastest times are obviously at US nighttime hours, with most activity likely taking place on Monday/Tuesday because people would be queuing to do their Wondrous Tails pvp.

Console or controller interface, start, Logs, Challenge Log/Hunting log will be in the list, yeah. The window that pops up at login is just a suggestion of level-appropriate things to do, not really breaking down higher or lower priorities. I just kind of turned it off and followed online guides because they were usually more up to date. Case in point!

This is content unlocks by level.

Beast tribes, optional dungeons, etc.

The other thing to remember is make sure all your pomanders of lust/strength/etc get burned; if you're random matching saving them does nothing, and lust is amazing for nuking adds in general.

No problem; it's a lot at first and I can appreciate the tight deadline of wanting to ride the early hype wave. The thing I linked above will tell you where to get the quests for each dungeon. It's a small amount of running around to unlock, but you get a small amount of EXP for the effort and can often knock out some hunting log stuff or tag a couple of FATEs en route.

Ah so that pop up is as worthless as I thought it was ;p j/k haha but yeah, I can keep closing it. Cool, I'll check out the hunt logs and should hunt down the quest givers to unlock the other dungeons. I could then queue them up and knock out hunts in the meantime. It looks like I'll have to level up a bit more for the best tribe quests.

Although I just remembered my buddy should be arriving tonight so it's really going to limit my playtime. Probably just a few hours after he goes to bed this week but that would be enough to do the roulette and some hunts or a couple dungeons. I totally would have hit 50 in time otherwise haha Oh well, I should be close when SB comes out and being a little late just means you guys can master the SAM rotations and teach them to me ;p

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Your fantasiabux are directly funding limitbreakradio's salt.

they're really upset about SE having the gall to market the game they're selling for some reason

I don't have words for LBR that wouldn't get me a slap on the wrist from a mod on any self-respecting message board.

There is a nice FFXIV ad running on TV here in Japan if you guys haven't seen it. Really tugged at those adult society strings.

Man I really want to play this! Hoping to burn through my backlog this summer and jump in by August or September, I can't resist anymore.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
There is a nice FFXIV ad running on TV here in Japan if you guys haven't seen it. Really tugged at those adult society strings.

Man I really want to play this! Hoping to burn through my backlog this summer and jump in by August or September, I can't resist anymore.

Going from bored adult woes wishing for the days of his youth with friends to having a similar experience and showing a nerdgasm was a pretty good ad haha

Bebpo

Banned
Hey, is the early access code for SB still supposed to show up as invalid when you try to enter it on mognet to register for SB early access? Back in Feb when we got it I tried to enter it but it said it was invalid and people said it was too early. Just tried again since it's out this week and it still says invalid code. Does the code not work until early access is up? Or do I have a bad code and I need to contact customer service?

I wasn't around for HW early access, so not sure how it works.

iammeiam

Hey, is the early access code for SB still supposed to show up as invalid when you try to enter it on mognet to register for SB early access? Back in Feb when we got it I tried to enter it but it said it was invalid and people said it was too early. Just tried again since it's out this week and it still says invalid code. Does the code not work until early access is up? Or do I have a bad code and I need to contact customer service?

I wasn't around for HW early access, so not sure how it works.

Early access code should be working; 18 character or 20? The 18 digit code needs to be redeemed on the Stormblood Pre-order site, which will give you a 20 character MogStation code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom