• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT3| Keniki Gauge Cost: 20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

ESO, Star Trek Online are both on Xbox One already although I think they both segregate servers from PC and Console. TERA was announced for consoles in 2017, too, I think?

But I think XIV will remain the only mandatory sub MMO; it's by nature a different beast. The other ones have either gone B2P already or in the case of BDO started there, and I don't think any were designed to be an MMO for non-MMO-players to the extent XIV was.

It only really gets interesting if someone convinces Blizzard to drop WoW on consoles, which seems super unlikely.

dabig2

I saw a BLM in PF earlier who named their character 'Healers Adjust'.

It was great.

GOAT character name on Ultros is Squidward Tortellini. I always crack up when I see that guy.

I always chuckle when I see "Shiva's Goat". Also saw someone with a "Loading Please Wait" as their name.

Reszo

I might actually try out tanking when SB comes out. I always wanted to play Dark Knight but didn't feel like leveling the other tank jobs to get the cross class skills necessary for tanking. But since they all get the cross class skills automatically now I think I'll try Dark Knight out.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Today's countdown picture:
DCGu0MWU0AAcEHt.jpg

K-Marx

Banned
The new BRD AF gear is sooooooo sexy. Between that and bowmage dying it almost makes me want to main it.

But I'll probably stick with DRG. Especially since the mch in my static will cry if I take away his piercing debuff.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm still undecided if I should just go through the whole story as a BLM or do the RDM PotD fun first.

On one hand, I know BLM like the back of my hand (in a non serious raid setting), have it at 60, and RDM rotations will probably take some getting used to.

On the other, I definitely want to main a RDM. I guess I could just level it up later, since weapon aside, it can use the same equipment as my BLM.

k1t4j

Do you guys think it might still be worth to do the daily hunts this week? Until the Maintenance on Thursday that is.

And a question for you Scholars out there, my GF wants to try scholar, she never healed before, and we play on the controller.

Do you think it's too hard to pull off? How much micro management does the fairy need?

Qvoth

I'm still undecided if I should just go through the whole story as a BLM or do the RDM PotD fun first.

On one hand, I know BLM like the back of my hand (in a non serious raid setting), have it at 60, and RDM rotations will probably take some getting used to.

On the other, I definitely want to main a RDM. I guess I could just level it up later, since weapon aside, it can use the same equipment as my BLM.

rdm probably doesn't want spellspeed though

ebil

Do you guys think it might still be worth to do the daily hunts this week? Until the Maintenance on Thursday that is.

And a question for you Scholars out there, my GF wants to try scholar, she never healed before, and we play on the controller.

Do you think it's too hard to pull off? How much micro management does the fairy need?
She'll be fine. SCH is the easiest healer at entry level (and healers aren't difficult to play anyway). She won't have to worry too much about micro-managing the fairy while leveling. It's ideal to do so but that's advanced play, not basic play.

I know plenty of people who are great at playing SCH with a controller. She should give it a try if she's interested in it, it's fun to play.

Mendrox

Finally got through all of 2.1 and started doing some quests of 2.2.

It will still take a long time right, huh? The main quest list doesn't help lol
Is there at least other cool battles like the Moogle King?

Guess Who

Banned
Finally got through all of 2.1 and started doing some quests of 2.2.

It will still take a long time right, huh? The main quest list doesn't help lol
Is there at least other cool battles like the Moogle King?

Every major numbered patch in 2.x has a new trial. 2.4's is one of the Best.

Mendrox

Every major numbered patch in 2.x has a new trial. 2.4's is one of the Best.

Ok cool then I will speed through everything. I just hate the filler missions ala "get tea leaves fromt here and then teleport to there and there!" which just take time for nothing. ;_;

But I finally got used to playing on the PS4 after playing on PC and noticing that I don't get EXP for playing on PC without Heavensward. This will at least help with leveling.

duckroll

Ok cool then I will speed through everything. I just hate the filler missions ala "get tea leaves fromt here and then teleport to there and there!" which just take time for nothing. ;_;

But I finally got used to playing on the PS4 after playing on PC and noticing that I don't get EXP for playing on PC without Heavensward. This will at least help with leveling.

Even after 2.0, the quest design in 2.x was frustrating because they wanted to have a huge quantity of them more than anything else. Most of the patches didn't justify having so many quests for the story they would be telling. They fixed this problem in HW and 3.x. It's much tighter, and you always feel like you're moving forward and doing something interesting instead of just wasting time.

And when I say HW, I mostly mean 2.4 onwards, because that's really when HW starts. :)

Yesterday I made the mistake of deciding to pick up my PLD cap and do some tanking on A11 so I could finish gearing out my PLD.

Did 10+ runs with two groups: All failures. God damn, when A11 was new I had never been with groups this bad/unwilling to listen. I MT'd the entire time and did my best to throw out helpful advice but each time it was a different thing that caused the failure: healers getting stressed out when the lasers start flying in the later phases or the dps failing the dps check when destroying the balls.

This ended up reinforcing my belief that I don't trust anyone else to heal except myself.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I hit 59 last night, and I had only just started on level 58 MSQ so I should be in pretty good shape to hit 60 without much supplemental XP needed.

I figure I'll hit 60 tomorrow or Wednesday, so the problem of needing to gear up for 3.x MSQ's might end up irrelevant if the expansion patch includes new gear rewards for those quests.

Mendrox

Even after 2.0, the quest design in 2.x was frustrating because they wanted to have a huge quantity of them more than anything else. Most of the patches didn't justify having so many quests for the story they would be telling. They fixed this problem in HW and 3.x. It's much tighter, and you always feel like you're moving forward and doing something interesting instead of just wasting time.

And when I say HW, I mostly mean 2.4 onwards, because that's really when HW starts. :)

;_;

Welp, I will slug through, but I think that is a big kickers for people that would like to comeback. I really really had to read through some stuff and try to get into it again. I don't know how other release players that stopped back then would feel like. Game is still fun though, but I just wanna experience the cool stuff which was I loved the 2.0. :)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

I think hunts are always worth it, especially now.

I've been spamming ARR and HW hunts to get Allied and Centurio Seals and spending them on Aetheryte Tickets. Figure it will make all the porting around I'll no doubt be doing in SB a no-cost affair.

ebil

This better fucking mean hyurs get a himecut hairstyle

Yeah, 70% of your casts are instant and you have no DoTs, SS will be awful unless something changes

What I want to know is how strong RDM's autos are to see if det will be any good
From what people have been reporting from the media tour, RDM auto-attacks are terrible (they do like 120-150 damage at level 70), scale on STR, and any auto will remove the Dualcast buff. You'll never want to auto on RDM.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
From what people have been reporting from the media tour, RDM auto-attacks are terrible (they do like 120-150 damage at level 70), scale on STR, and any auto will remove the Dualcast buff. You'll never want to auto on RDM.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Crit - Dhit it is then!

I'm relieved though, staying in melee range with RDM sounded awkward as shit

Anoregon

Crit - Dhit it is then!

I'm relieved though, staying in melee range with RDM sounded awkward as shit

The melee section of the RDM rotation seems pretty straight forward, and relatively brief. Get both mana gauges to 80+, leap in, execute 3 melee skill combo (followed by verflare or verholy) and then leap back out.

Demoskinos

So I was in the theme section of my PS4 and noticed the Stormblood theme finally is listed and... it has a unlock timer on it. This is literally the first time I've ever seen anyone lock down a pre-order theme behind a timer.

ebil

Yeah, Crit/Direct hit is the likely outcome for gearing RDM, unless they did something very wrong with Direct hit.

Can't wait to get my hands on it regardless!

In order to get confession stacks you'll have to spam Cure I and II spells on every member of your party if you intend to AOE heal everyone with it. Which is most likely going to not be worth the time and mana.

Using Cure 3 for healing aoe after stacking will probably be a better use of time and mana. Since it heals for 550 potency.

In order to beat that with Plenary Indulgence you'll need 3 Confession stacks on every party member for 600 potency of healing. Even with a 100% chance of getting a confession stack with Cure II (he only mentioned 100% lily chance but humour me here) you'll need to hit every member of your party with Cure II three times in order to beat a single Cure III in terms of AOE healing.

Some things will change, but will the changes be enough? I don't know. Just saying from the immediate outlook HW was a better deal. Game's coming out in a couple days so I'm going to stop beating this horse.

Oh I see I was under the impression that it healed in an aoe regardless of stacks on other targets, so basically stack 3times on tank or offtank, then free cure 3 when using it on them. I guess it's more like a free Lustrate kinda, which is pretty bad especially if it's on GCD lock.

I'd still wait to see the final version of skills, but yeah doesn't look pretty for WHMs, especially with how ridiculous the AST delayed bomb aoe heal thing is and how stupid strong the card system was buffed over time+new minor cards.

As someone who only really used SCH and AST anyway I guess I don't care too much. My WHM is still 52 or whatever, was the one healer I hadn't bothered leveling before I took a break.

iammeiam

RDM may actually be the first job where stacking on the boss's butt is an actual problem if you're in the non-melee portion of the rotation; you can't even turn around and face away to stop autos anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom