• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Hands-On Demo (Chapter 0-3) Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to hear from someone who found the previous demo's controls awkward if that's really been sharpened up by now. I was told I was playing it wrong so it still might just be a personal thing though

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I played six hours of it. And I liked what I saw. It was hard not to say anything when people started to freak out due to the delay. Game ran well with regular occurence if bugs you can expect in the final home stretch. (Build i played wasn't the current gamescom one) Nda fully lifts tomorrow btw.
Have outlets been permitted to capture their own footage?

There are multiple control schemes. 3 of them.

Does that include the pause mode because I ain't using that at all. Times have changed man!

I'm talking more about the flow of attacking and dodging which was tricky to get to grips with. I remember warping being an arse as well but I also know they improved that with a patch for Duscae, so it looks like they've been good with feedback at least.

Ran rp

I was wondering why they didn't just drive past the giant in the demo.

I see a gigantic Iron Giant enemy in the middle of the road and try to ram him. Instead the AI pulls me over and kicks me out to engage in regular combat. When enemies are aggroed you can’t enter the car even to try to make a hasty escape, so I have to run away and pay 100 gil to have the car warped back to me. Open but not.

That sounds really annoying.

wmlk

One of them is confirmed to more or less be the Episode Duscae control scheme, right? Played that one enough that playing the Platinum Demo still feels weird to me.

One of them is Episode Duscae, but I'd imagine there are a few tweaks to it since we can command other characters too now.

sounds... good? That "4chan leak confirmed" thread had me shook and resulted in me accidentally spoiling some story bits (assuming it's all true). Oh well. I'm riding this train even if it flies off the rails as it reaches its destination.

Going to check out that 50-minute gameplay thing later.

Does that include the pause mode because I ain't using that at all. Times have changed man!

I'm talking more about the flow of attacking and dodging which was tricky to get to grips with. I remember warping being an arse as well but I also know they improved that with a patch for Duscae, so it looks like they've been good with feedback at least.

Wait mode is not a controller scheme.

Ishida

Banned
PSY・S;213872790 said:
I was wondering why they didn't just drive past the giant in the demo..

Seems like that would wreck the car first instead of damaging the Iron Giant. ;)

Kuni

This is all super encouraging. I just hoped and believed in the new Squennix who gave us FFXIV 2.0 and that it would deliver.

This, combined with the anime and the good word of mouth for Kingsglaive, is a very good sign.

Maybe, just maybe, this will actually be good. Possibly even great...

Jake2by4

Again couldn't be no worse then corridor13. Glad about the positive previews, been waiting for this since middle school.

PSY・S;213873549 said:
I love this detail. I thought it was just going to be radio stations.

There was plenty of room on the road to drive past though.

I think the guy playing the game stopped the car to show us that we can encounter much stronger enemies. That's why he fight it and just lost after taking 2 hits.

Ran rp

I think the guy playing the game stopped the car to show us that we can encounter much stronger enemies. That's why he fight it and just lost after taking 2 hits.

I thought it was intentional as well but after reading that article it seems it may not have been.

Edit: Watching it again they even had to ditch the car like the article mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom