• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: The Dawn of the Future's English release date was announced, June 23, 2020

D.Final

Banned
Final Fantasy XV - The Dawn of the Future, the official Novel dedicated to alternative events in the universe of Final Fasntasy XV, has an official release date (for America and probably also Europe)
June 23. 2020

HYPE OVER 9999 :messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts:

2g2dtwQ.gif
2g2dtwQ.gif
2g2dtwQ.gif

D.Final

Banned
this game is trash, why the hell is shit still coming out for it? sorry OP for your poor taste in games to have any hype over something so crappy.

I don't think it's very wise to judge the tastes of other players just because of the hype we bring to other games.

Because if you didn't know it yet, everyone has their personal tastes in this world.
And if I consider Final Fantasy XV a great game, and an excellent Final Fantasy, I can consider it as such.
Because I liked it.

And, moreover, I've been playing video games for over 30 years.
And I also got to play all the games in the Final Fantasy saga. Including all the main games and spinoffs.
And not only.

I played, and I also liked, other great games. Such as:

Dragon Quest XI
Nier Automata
Devil May Cry V
Octopath Traveler
Uncharted 4
Horizon Zero Dawn
Dark Souls 1,2,3
Bloddborne
And many more, even just in this generation.

So, I really think I can express a more than positive opinion about a game, like Final Fantasy XV, which I found to be practically excellent.
And if I whant consider Final Fantasy XV a masterpiece of this generation of consoles, even better than The Witcher 3 for example, I can consider it as such.

It's almost impressive how they can milk the crappy and incomplete mess of a story from this game for so long and in so many ways.

The Novel was already out only in Japan for at last 4 month, at today.

And it was already well known for many months that it would also arrive in the rest of the world, at some point.
And now we have a relase date.

And if you're interested, like extra curiosity, take it and read it.

Last edited:

Larxia

You post how much you love this mediocre game all the time, and every time you feel the need to bold it. Why?
I agree, it's starting to feel like a commercial or something. I didn't hate XV that much as far as I'm concerned, but this is too much, always trying to promote the game like that, it seems a bit forced.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
You post how much you love this mediocre game all the time, and every time you feel the need to bold it. Why?

To better emphasize what I mean.

I find that Final Fantasy XV is one of the best
Final Fantasy ever made.

[for me]
(at the levels of Final Fantasy VI, VII, VIII and IX)

For this you can decide whether to accept my opinion, or ignore it if you prefer.
Just don't complain of my positive opinion about the game, or about other people's opinions.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
It will be a long wait, but it will be great to have the Novel of Final Fantasy XV :messenger_smiling_hearts:

The best offline single player Final Fantasy game of this generation.

ethomaz

Banned
Square Enix milking an incomplete game... shocked.

I thought WoFF was a better FF game than XV this gen TBH.
WoFF surprised me too.
It is a better experience than FFXV... well it is even complete.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
I thought WoFF was a better FF game than XV this gen TBH.

I found Final Fantasy XV a much better experience than WoFF.

And for this I continue to consider Final Fantasy XV the best Final Fantasy single player offline released in this generation of consoles.

Vawn

Banned
I found Final Fantasy XV a much better experience than WoFF.

And for this I continue to consider Final Fantasy XV the best Final Fantasy single player offline released in this generation of consoles.

You bolding your love for FFXV is annoying as hell.

But calling FFXV the best single player FF game this generation is still too high of praise even though FFXV is the ONLY offline "FF" game this generation.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Am I missing something here? Why would there be demand for a NOVEL of an already existing, incoherent & excruciatingly dull story?

Who the fuck signs off on this shit?

The Novel of Final Fantasy XV - The Dawn of the Future had already been announced many months ago.
And it's already out in Japan.
And it tells alternative events in the Final Fantasy XV Universe.

If you are interested, buy it.
There's not much to do around it.

I am very interested in the Novel.
Because I really enjoyed the entire narrative universe of Final Fantasy XV.

(and in fact I consider Final Fantasy XV one of the best games of this generation)

D.Final

Banned
When is the Versus xiii version coming out? Still waiting.

In reality there is nothing to wait.

And do you want to know why?
Because Final Fantasy XV already exists.
And it is also infinitely better.
You know why?
Because Final Fantasy XV exists, while that concept project of Versus no.

So why you want to do so much sarcasm about something that you would have wanted so much, but that you only imagined?

Do you know what you can do instead?
Play that wonderful masterpiece of game and Final Fantasy which is Final Fantasy XV, and live its entire and beautiful universe for what it offers,
without complaining.

Rather than continuing to imagine what you are waiting for without any logical sense...................

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Why are they still be supporting an old game that had no storyline or soundtrack? They’re not going to fix it, time to move on and study the old Square or even Monolith.

D.Final

Banned
With their current trajectory... do you really want it?

Final Fantasy XVI has already been 100% in production for at least a few years.
And like any other Final Fantasy it will surely be something new and different from all the previous chapters.

The Final Fantasy saga is in excellent health.
And games like Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers and Final Fantasy VII Remake clearly demonstrate this.

Why are they still be supporting an old game that had no storyline or soundtrack? They’re not going to fix it, time to move on and study the old Square or even Monolith.

First of all, Final Fantasy XV have one of the most beautiful story, and Lore, of the entire franchise.
And Final Fantasy XV have also one of the best OST of all the Final Fantasy saga.

Second, the Novel is an extra optional content for the game's narrative Universe.
It wasn't created for fix anything.

Because simply there's no need to actually fix anything at all.

Do you like it?
Then take the Novel for some nice extra stuff.

Otherwise, if you don't care, go even elsewhere.
But I sure you that there's who actually like the game, and who actually is interested in the Novel as I am.

Last edited:

royox

The best offline single player Final Fantasy game of this generation.

It's so cute that you have to write all this because ShadowBringers proved to be the best single player FF experience of the generation being the expansion of an MMO xD

Btw can't wait for next week for the Nier Automata x FFXIV crossover :messenger_smiling_hearts:

mortal

Gold Member
With their current trajectory... do you really want it?
I rather have anything new simply for the fact I won't know what to expect.

It's been literally a decade since a completely fresh mainline entry was announced. FFXV was a reboot of Versus XIII announced in 2006. FF XIV was announced in 2009 and subsequently relaunched as a "A Realm Reborn" after it bombed. FF VII Remake is a reimagining of a game from 1997.

I miss those feelings of discovery and mystery that came with release of a new mainline Final Fantasy.

cireza

Probably because people can't stop themselves for saying how much shitty the game is in every single thread about it. Why is this a thing for FF XV ? Do people go into every single thread for games they don't like to say that it is a shitty game ? What's up with this childish attitude?

DS_Joost

C'mon guys, isn't it clear cut as day that D. Final is just an experimental bot created by Square Enix to create hype for their products?

Internally he was called Project: Please Be Excited

He is absolutely perfect for the job. He even talks like they wrote the characters in the latest FF games: stiff, almost humanlike, with some anime emotions thrown in there just to give them that little bit of extra emotional instability, because we all know it's not anime without the borderline psycho traits,

PS. Dear Square, a little tip for your future bots: people don't really talk like that. What if you let your writers outside of their cages for once in a while and, you know, experience interaction with actual human beings?

Also r/hailcorporate would like a word with you
:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Edit: added some boldness in places to keep my entry more withing the theme of this thread.

Last edited:

joe_zazen

Probably because people can't stop themselves for saying how much shitty the game is in every single thread about it. Why is this a thing for FF XV ? Do people go into every single thread for games they don't like to say that it is a shitty game ? What's up with this childish attitude?

as a fan of xiii, i have asked those same questions.

D.Final

Banned
C'mon guys, isn't it clear cut as day that D. Final is just an experimental bot created by Square Enix to create hype for their products?

Internally he was called Project: Please Be Excited

He is absolutely perfect for the job. He even talks like they wrote the characters in the latest FF games: stiff, almost humanlike, with some anime emotions thrown in there just to give them that little bit of extra emotional instability, because we all know it's not anime without the borderline psycho traits,

PS. Dear Square, a little tip for your future bots: people don't really talk like that. What if you let your writers outside of their cages for once in a while and, you know, experience interaction with actual human beings?

Also r/hailcorporate would like a word with you :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I would say to avoid sarcasm.

I'm not the kind of person to accept free sarcasm.

D.Final

Banned

THIS

2aY1r2A.gif

When people learn to accept the opinions of others, it will be a better world.

Because today, if you have a positive opinion about Final Fantasy XV, here is the reaction you get.

PZI57xB.gif

DS_Joost

I would say to avoid sarcasm.

I'm not the kind of person to accept free sarcasm.

There's no accepting, it's an open and free forum. Also, I'm Dutch. We are free sarcasm incarnate. And boy do we love our things free!

Or am I getting a terminator on my ass now?

*terminator theme starts playing softly in the background...

Nah man, I still love you. Livens up the place from time to time.

royox

Why is this a thing for FF XV ?

Because as players we have to do everything possible to prevent other FFXV of happening. FFXV was everything what's wrong in this industry:
-released uncompleted
-full of bugs
-shitty gameplay
-cut content released as DLC
-"complete edition" with more cut content 3 years later

It was literally "EA, the game" and we all know what happens on every EA-game thread.

D.Final

Banned
Final Fantasy XV has become so extreme in this forum, that literally even the only mention of the title of the game publicly, whether for an opinion or, as in this case, even for news, raises all those who don't even want to hear it pronounced that title.
In an attitude beyond the limits of madness.

This is why I say, and remember, that:

1: Final Fantasy XV exists.
And it is one of the best Final Fantasy games ever made.

2: it is one of the best game of this generation.
In fact, Final Fantasy XV has:

- beautiful graphics, and spectacular openworld, with almost no bugs

- great exploration with the Regalia and the Chocobos

- the best villan of the franchise, Ardyn

- a great story universe

- a great cast, with Noctis, Ignis, Gladio and Prompto

- a memorable OST

- An extremely varied, beautiful, and above all fun gameplay

- beautiful Lore

- magnificent dungeons
(the best ever made for a Final Fantasy game)

- epic Summon. The Astrals

And much more.

So, accept the good opinions, or go elsewhere.

Last edited:

base

Banned
magnificent dungeons

it was so boring to go through them.

What I disliked?

Some eating shitstuff
Camping, really?

cireza

Because as players we have to do everything possible to prevent other FFXV of happening. FFXV was everything what's wrong in this industry:
-released uncompleted
-full of bugs
-shitty gameplay
-cut content released as DLC
-"complete edition" with more cut content 3 years later

It was literally "EA, the game" and we all know what happens on every EA-game thread.
As players you have to do everything possible to prevent others from enjoying a game you don't like ? FF XV was fantastic. Stop trying to force your opinion onto other players. If you don't like FF XV, go play something else.

Actually I don't, because I have no interest in EA games, so I don't go into these topics to say how shitty their games are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom