• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI Dev Has A Terrible Answer For Why The Game Is So White

Status
Not open for further replies.

svbarnard

Banned
Apparently some people are quite angry about the lack of racial diversity in the new Final Fantasy game.

I'm half black and half white, my father is black and my mother is white. I don't understand why some people have to be so obsessed with racial diversity. It seems to me that some people are just obsessed with diversity.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
harry-styles-old-news.gif

Brock2621

Why is this being posted again? FFXVI is old news now, Final Fantasy is all about that Remake Part 2 hype today

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Of all the issues with FF16, they pick the least harmful.

At this point I just believe Squeenix paid journos to divert attention to other things so people don't complain about how bad the game is.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Why is this being posted again? FFXVI is old news now, Final Fantasy is all about that Remake Part 2 hype today
Yeah Rebirth is the most hyped I've ever been for FF. Combat looks clean and the story promising. FFXVI amounted to a FFXIV expansion they made into a separate game as a DMC clone and is ultimately forgettable. Like most Michael Bay style action films.

Might have been better as a FF Kaiju Fighting game since that's primarily where all the action happens.

I think Ifrit: King of the Eidolons could have been a neat little side game.

Crayon

Still an interesting topic. I don't know if there is more than one, but I saw a man on the street interview in Japan asking about the mysogeny and objectification of women. Most had heard of it going on in America, but I don't think any had a grasp on the argument. That's probably not helped by the lack of internal consistency in the noise created by terminally online activists. A lot of them interviews seemed understand it as a conservative movement to return to more puritan values and keep women covered up.

So the real answer may.. just may idk ... include the issue that they don't understand wtf we're on about and it doesn't affect sales so don't bother fucking around with the game you want to make.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom