• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

TannerDemoz

no, he really isn't

makes a really nice pairup bot though, basically Charlotte for girls

I've lost both Xander and Charlotte on my playthrough, and he's probably my second highest stat character. His speed is insane and that def stone he has does make him really powerful. I often find myself using him and Benny as my main units to block off areas

Shinypogs

Keaton is a great unit, he's useful from the moment he joins and a solid frontliner the whole game. In addition he gives you one of the best kids who is often even better than he is.

Glad to see love for Benny too, he's just so damn good and he really shines on lunatic. I understand why people prefer Effie ( and I adore her myself) but Benny is just the best damn wall what with actually having a res growth.

Also really really love the wyvern lord Gunter pairup in my current playthrough, forceful partner basically negates that my avatar is using an axe. Plus he gives me the best mobility ^-^. Just a little more xp needed to grab death blow and then I'm heart sealing out of oni chieftain into blacksmith.

Benny doesn't shine on any difficulty because he can't kill shit on any difficulty, I'd seriously rather use Mozu because at least she can eventually fly around (or be a Dread Fighter) and ORKO anything.

And Conquest has plenty of "tanks" that can actually kill (or actually lure enemies at all in the first place, given that Conquest AI tends to ignore him outright), between Corrin (with a Jakob pairup), Silas, Effie, Camilla, Beruka, Xander, and I suppose even Keaton himself, not to mention any potential kids such as Effie!Percy.

Frost_Ace

Benny doesn't shine on any difficulty because he can't kill shit on any difficulty, I'd seriously rather use Mozu because at least she can eventually fly around (or be a Dread Fighter) and ORKO anything.

And Conquest has plenty of "tanks" that can actually kill (or actually lure enemies at all in the first place, given that Conquest AI tends to ignore him outright), between Corrin (with a Jakob pairup), Silas, Effie, Camilla, Beruka, Xander, and I suppose even Keaton himself, not to mention any potential kids such as Effie!Percy.
Wut. He can't double attack, of course he won't ohko things. But with wary fighter and a forged javelin he pretty much 2KHOs everything. And with the right pair up (I had dread fighter kaze which gave him some boost in resistence too), nothing will scratch him. Not to mention he actually hits things because of fierce mein unlike Effie.

Wut. He can't double attack, of course he won't ohko things. But with wary fighter and a forged javelin he pretty much 2KHOs everything. And with the right pair up (I had dread fighter kaze which gave him some boost in resistence too), nothing will scratch him. Not to mention he actually hits things because of fierce mein unlike Effie.

-low mov
-can't ORKO anything
-needs that crap skill Wary Fighter to even tank properly
-having that much defense is utterly pointless in the first place

yup, bad unit

Hero

Also is it me or are the S weapons kind of underwhelming?

Is it seriously best to just forge Iron weapons an insane amount of times?

tauroxd

no, he really isn't

makes a really nice pairup bot though, basically Charlotte for girls

I don't know, man, in my Conquest and Revelation campaigns Keaton was a BEAST
hehehe
that pretty much destoyed many units, but I rarely sent him alone, not actually pair up, but side by side with someone else, most of that time with her daughter of wife, Beruka.

Rodin

Revelation isn't been so great so far. i had fun with the last chapter though (the ice boat level), but now I have the problem that I don't know which characters to use.

My takumi had some pretty shitty level ups, mozu trumps him in every regard. Should I keep using him for the fujin yumi?

Which of the three ninjas should I use? Kaze while frail is the only one who constanlty doubles everyone.

Is Reina worth using?

What about Selena and Beruka?

Second part of Revelation is some of the best FE ever and it has a good story that gives more sense to the whole thing, it's far better than Conquest/Birthright in this regard. The maps are amazing too.

BTW, the story in Conquest wasn't great but it certainly made sense. Birthright's wasn't great either, but chapter 26 sends it all to shit. That part is just awful and ruins the finale. Game was fun anyway, although not as good as Conquest (now that's a strategic masterpiece).

About your other question, use Kagero as a ninja. I didn't use the other three characters you mentioned.

neoemonk

Working on Chapter 22 in Conquest. I might finish it up this weekend. I have a few unmarried units that I was considering doing some My Castle support grinding with, but at this point I think I might just skip them and finish the game.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Finally beat Lunatic Conquest ch 10 getting all 4 houses. I think it took me about 2 months of on and off trying?

Looking at this next chapter with the cramped gank rooms, I don't even know how to approach it. A mob of archers with counter? Another mob of dudes all with 10% chance to not die? And then the final room with pegasi that buff one another and are not weak to bows. Hm.

neoemonk

Finally beat Lunatic Conquest ch 10 getting all 4 houses. I think it took me about 2 months of on and off trying?

Looking at this next chapter with the cramped gank rooms, I don't even know how to approach it. A mob of archers with counter? Another mob of dudes all with 10% chance to not die? And then the final room with pegasi that buff one another and are not weak to bows. Hm.

Conquest lunatic seems, well, crazy to me.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Conquest lunatic seems, well, crazy to me.
I'm absolutely loving the challenge. I'm not quite hardcore challenge run good, but I think this Lunatic is just the right amount of difficulty. At the very least, it's leagues above Awakening's horrid Lunatic balancing.

mikeyvids

Neo Member
67 hours in on Chapter 23 of birthright. Have been grinding my lower level characters since I was destroyed during three attempts in Ch 23.

On Benny:
Eh, low Movement doesn't really make Knights/Generals shit these days. I mean, it's not like Benny has to cross FE4-sized maps without anyone to Rescue him, and Pair Up -> Separating on the same turn has made getting places easier than ever. Plus he can always re-class to Great Knight after snagging Wary Fighter.

That said, yeah, not being able to double anything in his life nor being able to one-shot anything (Effie, hilariously, can do both) puts him pretty low on the usable units list. Like, it's not as if the damage the other tanks would take is unmanageable. Then there's the matter of Conquest's AI outright ignoring anyone it can't damage so the softer tanks end up having to take the damage anyway lest the AI start gunning for weaker units and you end up having to wipe all of them out on Player Phase when they're at full health, at least on Lunatic. Unsure about Hard.

Also is it me or are the S weapons kind of underwhelming?

Is it seriously best to just forge Iron weapons an insane amount of times?

Excalibur, Pursuer, and Chakram are good. High firepower plus accuracy and an Attack Speed buff that lets the user do follow-up attacks on targets they merely match Speed with, though you'll want to at least beat them by one. Am told the Defense Speed debuff can cause both you and your opponent to do follow-ups on each other.

Excalibur also lets Sorcerors fight Falcon Warriors (and other fliers, but mainly them because of their Res) much more effectively, Chakram is like hitting opponents with Seal Strength/Magic/Defense/Resistance at the same time, and Pursuer just hits like a truck. All that and no debuffs after use unlike their melee brethren.

Congratulations!

Frost_Ace

-low mov
-can't ORKO anything
-needs that crap skill Wary Fighter to even tank properly
-having that much defense is utterly pointless in the first place

yup, bad unit
Couldn't have beaten the game without him,

in the endgame I just sent him forward to lure and weaken the enemy (with a +2 javelin) and he remained in good health despite the repeated ninja attacks. I patched up his movement with the boots and the pair up with Corrin (which gave him 7 movement and the bonus damage from the supportive ability)

Maybe he is bad for an optimized run but his role to weaken the enemy, and use the other, weaker units to finish the job was vital to me.

You're generally not even going to be able to use any of the S rank weapons except Hagakure Blade (Ryoma) and Chakram (master ninjas) anyway, and in both cases they'd rather stick to something else (Raijinto/forged steel shurikens).

Eh, low Movement doesn't really make Knights/Generals shit these days. I mean, it's not like Benny has to cross FE4-sized maps without anyone to Rescue him, and Pair Up -> Separating on the same turn has made getting places easier than ever. Plus he can always re-class to Great Knight after snagging Wary Fighter.

Well sure it's not as sucky to be a knight as it used to be.

That's still a weakness they have that nobody else does, especially prior to Great Knight promotion.

(and seriously, if every other playable character got Wary Fighter for free nobody else would use it still, because everyone else can double some things)

"Not as bad as armors in the past" is quite possibly the saddest compliment I think a unit can get. Even archers have had a couple decent showings but pre-Fates armors that weren't trash is a club solely held by Oswin.

Hey now don't forget about RD Gatrie!

"Not as bad as armors in the past" is quite possibly the saddest compliment I think a unit can get. Even archers have had a couple decent showings but pre-Fates armors that weren't trash is a club solely held by Oswin.

Frost_Ace

Well...chapter 13 was a step up in difficuly, I'm glad. Managed to beat Xander and Ryoma as well (thanks Kagero shuriken). Also, holy shit!Silas is the,boss in the next chapter!

Just got to the decision point. I have Revelation I ms already since I got the LE. Should I still play all 3 or can I just play Revelation???

TannerDemoz

I need to share my pain.

I'm probably on my 30th retry of Chapter 26 (classic/hard). My main tactics are to use Benny and Ignatius to block the corridors and I've got them both with Ellie's lance + 1

I finally cleared out every single enemy on the map, placed Corrin against the boss and he got a crit on me. Sooooo close to just leaving the game now.

neoemonk

Just finished Conquest on Normal/Classic last night. The endgame map was frustrating for me, if only because I had to finish the map before it every time I wanted to attempt it.

My first try I was dumb and tried to stand on the sides and that was pretty much a wipe. Then I tried to kamikaze down with just my MC and that wasn't happening. I finally beat it by charging in with a rescue staff and Azura to get the MC and Xander way down the map and start beating on the boss on the second turn. I was able to win on turn five but it was close.

Hats off to those of you that finish this game on Hard or Lunatic. Most of my army wasn't strong enough to fight my way through the enemies on the final map and I was on normal. I'm planning on a Birthright run but with Dragon Quest VII coming out tomorrow and a Xenoblade Chronicles X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions waiting in the wings unplayed I may not get back to Fire Emblem for a while.

Hero

Beat Revelations over the weekend. Eh.

The story for all three paths wasn't very good, Conquest was pretty offensive even though it could've had potential. Corrin is just not a very interesting character at all. Not sure if this stems from having to be the My Unit for the game.

Just finished Conquest on Normal/Classic last night. The endgame map was frustrating for me, if only because I had to finish the map before it every time I wanted to attempt it.

My first try I was dumb and tried to stand on the sides and that was pretty much a wipe. Then I tried to kamikaze down with just my MC and that wasn't happening. I finally beat it by charging in with a rescue staff and Azura to get the MC and Xander way down the map and start beating on the boss on the second turn. I was able to win on turn five but it was close.

Hats off to those of you that finish this game on Hard or Lunatic. Most of my army wasn't strong enough to fight my way through the enemies on the final map and I was on normal. I'm planning on a Birthright run but with Dragon Quest VII coming out tomorrow and a Xenoblade Chronicles X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions waiting in the wings unplayed I may not get back to Fire Emblem for a while.
What were your units' stats? Were you utilizing pairup properly?

TannerDemoz

Finally beat Chapter 26 by having Benny and Ignatius on the bottom right to take all the general and beserker hits. Had Beruka rallying with def so even the hammers weren't doing much damage!

Beat Chapter 27 (I turned Corrin into a swordmaster and the boss had a 0 chance of hitting him - he was dragonstone before which seems like a waste0

Got wiped out on the final map though and didn't realise resetting would send me back to chapter 27. Anyone got any tips? I've lost Camilla and Xander btw. Strongest units are Benny and Ignatius because their def is just wrecking

Playing on hard/classic

Frost_Ace

Finally beat Chapter 26 by having Benny and Ignatius on the bottom right to take all the general and beserker hits. Had Beruka rallying with def so even the hammers weren't doing much damage!

Beat Chapter 27 (I turned Corrin into a swordmaster and the boss had a 0 chance of hitting him - he was dragonstone before which seems like a waste0

Got wiped out on the final map though and didn't realise resetting would send me back to chapter 27. Anyone got any tips? I've lost Camilla and Xander btw. Strongest units are Benny and Ignatius because their def is just wrecking

Playing on hard/classic
Use tonics for everyone in the last map. Make smart use of benny and have lance users hold beast killers for the paired up paladins. Have a staff user hold enfeeble for the stronger enemies and silence for the hexing rod maids.

TannerDemoz

Use tonics for everyone in the last map. Make smart use of benny and have lance users hold beast killers for the paired up paladins. Have a staff user hold enfeeble for the stronger enemies and silence for the hexing rod maids.

Cheers man, I finally did it. Lost patience (and every one of my troops apart from Corrin, whoops) by just rushing down with people defending on each side.

Fire Emblem Fates has been the must gruelling test of endurance I've ever experienced, but it was worth it. Props to anyone playing lunatic - I can't imagine the frustration

The amount of reinforcment in Birthright's chapter 24 (lunatic) is crazy. I probably killed 80+ units. MVPs on this map were Kana with Axebreaker(also has Swordbreaker), Kinshi Kuragi with Illusory Yumi and Kagero with her high resistance and strength.

I'm...not seeing what's all that special about this chapter? I remember liking it a lot because it was interesting to try and stave off the enemy reinforcements at a survivable pace my first time through but it wasn't all that remarkable.
There are so many (horse) units ambushing you from left and right in that narrow space at the beginning. In hindsight it wasn't that difficult. You just have to be patient and defensive rather than offensive, but Conquest taught me to be more aggressive in Fire Emblem. Maybe that's my problem with this chapter. Also, I don't use Ryoma.

There are so many (horse) units ambushing you from left and right in that narrow space at the beginning. In hindsight it wasn't that difficult. You just have to be patient and defensive rather than offensive, but Conquest taught me to be more aggressive in Fire Emblem. Maybe that's my problem with this chapter. Also, I don't use Ryoma.

The easiest way to do that chapter is to hop over to Iago ASAP.

Although by this point, you should have at least one unit who is immortal (and Ryoma is far from the only one who can do this).

The easiest way to do that chapter is to hop over to Iago ASAP.

Although by this point, you should have at least one unit who is immortal (and Ryoma is far from the only one who can do this).
Well my Corrin and Takumi are quite robust to say the least. Hayato is also a good allrounder. His res could be a bit higher though.

Shinypogs

Is Azama a good father for a mixed Kana?

You can see here https://inheritance-planner.herokuapp.com/ exactly how Azama as a parent works out. Personally I'd not use him for a mixed kana unless your avatar is passing on good magic modifiers or you don't have anyone who needs spirit dusts and can supplement poor magic growth with those. He's not the worst option but he's not optimal either. That said if mom has a magic boon and/or is passing along good magic growths and a good talent then you're fine.

Also none of the above really applies if you are planning to use a mixed dlc class dark flier or grandmaster since their bases and growths make up for pretty much everything else.

Cheers man, I finally did it. Lost patience (and every one of my troops apart from Corrin, whoops) by just rushing down with people defending on each side.

Fire Emblem Fates has been the must gruelling test of endurance I've ever experienced, but it was worth it. Props to anyone playing lunatic - I can't imagine the frustration

Lunatic is mostly about knowing what's coming and prepping for it (people who did conquest lunatic blind are fucking amazing though). It's also super satisfying to pull off a victory there.

Frost_Ace

You can see here https://inheritance-planner.herokuapp.com/ exactly how Azama as a parent works out. Personally I'd not use him for a mixed kana unless your avatar is passing on good magic modifiers or you don't have anyone who needs spirit dusts and can supplement poor magic growth with those. He's not the worst option but he's not optimal either. That said if mom has a magic boon and/or is passing along good magic growths and a good talent then you're fine.

Also none of the above really applies if you are planning to use a mixed dlc class dark flier or grandmaster since their bases and growths make up for pretty much everything else.

Lunatic is mostly about knowing what's coming and prepping for it (people who did conquest lunatic blind are fucking amazing though). It's also super satisfying to pull off a victory there.
Yep mother has a magic boon :)
Thanks for the link though

Shinypogs

Tips for chapter 26 of revelation? It's absolutely ridiculous.

Bring multiple royals to control the dragon veins, cluster your front liners around your avatar for the free heals/avoid and try to draw most of the aggro to that group by sending them up the middle. I personally ignored the chests as they are mostly brave weapons ( though there is a fortify staff and a rescue staff) and it's so close to the end that you already have your setup complete. The boss is a piece of cake with no skills and exploitable weaknesses given their class..

If you do want to raid all the chests you're going to need to split your team and know what each group can handle. Also Azura also gets the heal tile thing as well so you can use that to your advantage. Just remember she's made of tissue paper so you want her offering the heal/ buff to your other units without actually being in range of any enemies.

You have 16 units for this map so depending on which units you have there are a lot of different strategies you can use.

Frost_Ace

Bring multiple royals to control the dragon veins, cluster your front liners around your avatar for the free heals/avoid and try to draw most of the aggro to that group by sending them up the middle. I personally ignored the chests as they are mostly brave weapons ( though there is a fortify staff and a rescue staff) and it's so close to the end that you already have your setup complete. The boss is a piece of cake with no skills and exploitable weaknesses given their class..

If you do want to raid all the chests you're going to need to split your team and know what each group can handle. Also Azura also gets the heal tile thing as well so you can use that to your advantage. Just remember she's made of tissue paper so you want her offering the heal/ buff to your other units without actually being in range of any enemies.

You have 16 units for this map so depending on which units you have there are a lot of different strategies you can use.
Oooh so the lines around the avatar are avoid spaces as well? Thanks, now it sounds much easier.

pariah164

So, jumping back into this after a few months, and I have questions:

Firstly, I bought the maps that give you Vanguard and Witch Seals. Who are the best characters to use them on?

Second, when it comes to maxing the support log in each game, how would I go about it?

I have the Special Edition, with all three games on one cart. I'm playing through Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation twice each, both with MU and FeMU. Right now, I only have one Support Log save, for my FeMU Birthright file, and I didn't see the Support Log in the Extras on the main menu. Does it exist, and will only unlock after I beat one of the games? If not, how do I handle the saves for my other files? If I need a Support Log save for each, I will run out of slots.

Frost_Ace

So, jumping back into this after a few months, and I have questions:

Firstly, I bought the maps that give you Vanguard and Witch Seals. Who are the best characters to use them on?

Second, when it comes to maxing the support log in each game, how would I go about it?

I have the Special Edition, with all three games on one cart. I'm playing through Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation twice each, both with MU and FeMU. Right now, I only have one Support Log save, for my FeMU Birthright file, and I didn't see the Support Log in the Extras on the main menu. Does it exist, and will only unlock after I beat one of the games? If not, how do I handle the saves for my other files? If I need a Support Log save for each, I will run out of slots.

I dunno about Vanguards but my witch Rhajat SLAYED

Well now Lunatic Conquest 0% growths is getting blasted by Xander, looks like the power of Fates statboosting makes all 3 routes quite doable.

Oli

This is maybe a really obvious question, but I was wondering: When you finish your first game (eg, Birthright) then download the next game (eg, Conquest) do you carry over your existing character or create a new one?

L95

This is maybe a really obvious question, but I was wondering: When you finish your first game (eg, Birthright) then download the next game (eg, Conquest) do you carry over your existing character or create a new one?

If you mean corrin's customization options and such, you can keep them or make a new one. If you mean stats, those are not shared between routes.

Top Bottom