• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firewalk Studios is reportedly ignoring Concord criticism

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I respect the decision to ignore social media discourse, and I think more developers should do it. Genuinely.

That said, they are building a shit game and and I hope they also take full credit for the inevitable disaster.

Taycan77

Concorde is not for me as I don't enjoy the genre.

But I learned my lesson writing off a game when I was convinced Helldivers 2 would be DOA if it didn't release on PS+.

Gamers have a very bad record in predicting what will, and will not, be a success.

My gut feeling is Concorde will be a mega-hit and piss off a lot of folk.

They're not going to listen to criticism that they can't do anything with in that time span. As people said, they have a vision, and they'll have to see that vision through at this point.

The only other thing you could do would be to delay the game by more than a year and pivot and that doesn't guarantee success anymore than delivering on your original vision.

If they feel strongly that this game plays well and it will hook people, why should they listen to criticism from people who haven't played the game?

So many gamers are terribly immature and naive, and ultimately don't understand how the world works.

Echochambers on the internet would lead you to believe that Naughty Dog is one of the most hated studios on the planet, but their games sell in 8 figures and TLOU was one of the most successful seasons of TV ever... everyone was made when they remade TLOU P1... but that too sold really well...

The beta will come out and people will either love the game or they won't. The fun part of this is we find out really soon.

100% agreed. If I listened to the online gaming community I would be under the impression that COD is one of the worst selling games of all time and hated by all gamers. Yet somehow some way regardless of what people online say those games are almost always the best selling game of the year.

Katajx

My main problem is most of the character designs just look awful. I get the GOTG vibe, but the presentation is like those outsourced generic NPCs, but at a higher fidelity.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I find it hard to believe that the TLOU GaaS was deemed so bad that it wasn’t worth releasing after working on it for years and this flaming piece of shit looked so good that Sony bought the studio

It's easy to see if you play a game like Destiny. Creating expensive content that most players will only run through once or twice requires a ton of effort from the studio. Making a chess board requires far fewer updates because it's so repeatable.

I just don't know why they didn't "AAA Day Z" which has been common sense since 2018.

BlazinAm

What can they do now? Beta is in a month and then the release is August 23rd. Which is a Friday, so i'd assume that reviews are hitting the Monday after because reviewers are going to be playing on the live servers over that weekend. They are going to hope that they have a good to great 72 hours and move on from that,

Last edited:

EDMIX

Gold Member
They should ignore them.

Go fucking play something else. If the crying is over some dumb shit, like not liking the characters or trying to force some narrative on em or something dumb like that, they should change nothing.

Play something else, move on.

The team has no ode to morph their fucking game everytime some neck beard cries over it or something.

Its leaked on the ausie psn store Concord has the same price as HD2. I also googled Lawbreakers at launch and it was a 30$ mp only game that came out before the free to play gaas golden age and still failed.

We might have a Brink level bomba on our hands. Ah well, will thoroughly enjoy the free beta weekend regardless.

Maybe, maybe not. I could never really tell with these things, I never thought HD2 was going to be as massive as it was and here we are. The majority that play this type of thing are not on NeoGaf threads, so we'd have to lean on the majority to see how they actually feel about it, as I doubt most have even heard of the game, they'll jump on the game when the beta or full release happens and that will ultimately determine the success of the game.

100% agreed. If I listened to the online gaming community I would be under the impression that COD is one of the worst selling games of all time and hated by all gamers. Yet somehow some way regardless of what people online say those games are almost always the best selling game of the year.

Exactly. People buy the same soccer and football games every year... knowing that they're worse this year than last year...

pasterpl

Ignoring potential buyers feedback is always a good idea /s

Are we expecting destruction all starts level of success ?

Pasta la Vista

Gold Member
Inviting disaster, I love it. Let's face it, ignoring all the obvious issues with inserting their own social agendas into the game, the genre is well past its prime. A dime a dozen. It doesn't have its own identity. It will never be the next Overwatch or whatever. Late to the party, chasing old trends AND admittedly antagonistic towards potential customers.
Get fucked, you created your own demise.

pasterpl

The amount of pure hatred this game is receiving is insane. If you don’t like the genre, you don’t need to play it.

Hope it’s a smashing success. “Get fucked” lol
It is only genre (btw since when everybody now is a fan of GaaS?), but how game was presented, what the games is, what it brings to the genre and now developer comments.

It is only genre (btw since when everybody now is a fan of GaaS?), but how game was presented, what the games is, what it brings to the genre and now developer comments.

What exactly is in any way controversial about official company statements about this game?

The game is a hero shooter. I don’t see people hating so much on marvel rivals

Last edited:

pasterpl

That’s one devs personal political views expressed on Twitter. It doesn’t represent the game at all.

If I boot up the game and get a lecture on white privilege you’d maybe have a point
When I work at any company, my personal statements are no longer personal opinions anymore - they are, can be taken as company position. This is especially valid if my social profile bio tells everyone where I work. F*ck this is basics, part of your induction when you work for bigger company. Stop being such a fanboy in every the]read and engage your brain from time to time.

coffinbirth

Too late to change anything at this point.
They could change it's status to fucking cancelled.

And let's get real here, Factions got cancelled, Spider-Man: The Great Web got cancelled and Twisted Metal got cancelled(I know) and yet this obvious BOMB gets the green light? Even if Factions, Spidey and Twisted Metal ALL bombed, at least they would've been unique attempts at GAAS that played to the strengths of the PlayStation brand and fanbase instead of this soulless mishmash of ripoff-skinned four years late to the fucking party hero shooter trash.

200.gif

I may be overreacting.

Killjoy-NL

When I work at any company, my personal statements are no longer personal opinions anymore - they are, can be taken as company position. This is especially valid if my social profile bio tells everyone where I work. F*ck this is basics, part of your induction when you work for bigger company. Stop being such a fanboy in every the]read and engage your brain from time to time.
Must suck, having to worry about losing your job for expressing your personal opinion, tbh.

N30RYU

Gold Member
They could change it's status to fucking cancelled.

And let's get real here, Factions got cancelled, Spider-Man: The Great Web got cancelled and Twisted Metal got cancelled(I know) and yet this obvious BOMB gets the green light? Even if Factions, Spidey and Twisted Metal ALL bombed, at least they would've been unique attempts at GAAS that played to the strengths of the PlayStation brand and fanbase instead of this soulless mishmash of ripoff-skinned four years late to the fucking party hero shooter trash.

200.gif

I may be overreacting.
+1

This one been greenlighted over the other Gaas games canceled is a spit on the face

pasterpl

Must suck, having to worry about losing your job for expressing your personal opinion, tbh.
It doesn’t suck, I don’t use social media (other than for work) and don’t advertise where I work. Other than that I doubt my opinions are controversial in any way (but I guess we will never know as I don’t post these publicly on social media - not the right place for a serious debate).

coffinbirth

So the game doesn't seem to play smoothly to you?
Or the animations sucks ass?
Of the graphics are terrible?
It looks terrible. I already described that above, if it looks good to you, I'm happy for you.

You, just like Firewalk, can feel free to ignore these criticisms.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So the game doesn't seem to play smoothly to you?
And the animations suck ass?
And the graphics are complete trash?

I think the animation and gunplay looks fine.

My question to this game defenders, who imo are only doing it because it's a Sony game.

Where is the creativity you see, does this game not look like a shameless clone of any pop culture reference from 5 years ago? A game that's dieing to fit in, and so doesn't as we are not stupid when it comes to "games" or "creative art". It's just a soulless copy of anything that was popular, maybe 6 to 7 years ago....do you guys not see that?

Last edited:

My question to this game defenders, who imo are only doing it because it's a Sony game.

Where is the creativity you see, does this game not look like a shameless clone of any pop culture reference from 5 years ago? A game that's dieing to fit in, and so doesn't as we are not stupid when it comes to "games" or "creative art". It's just a soulless copy of anything that was popular, maybe 6 to 7 years ago....do you guys not see that?
I think its a question of not wanting to see the obvious.

Killjoy-NL

Has nothing to do with it being a Sony game.

I also 'defended' games like Wayfinder and even 'Hellblade 2' pre-release despite it not being available on Playstation.
Fortnite was a Pubg clone, that everybody here likes to trash at every opportunity with the same reasoning used here.

Idc what genre was popular when, I'm looking at what a game has to offer now.

If it's solid and fun, it doesn't matter if it does nothing new, as long as it has an active community (in case of Gaas).

If it's shit, I move on.

If it's good but DOA anyway, I move on.

All some others and I are saying, is that maybe the games potential should be based on next month's beta.

White-fire

Ignoring potential buyers feedback is always a good idea /s

Are we expecting destruction all starts level of success ?

We are seriously believing this unconfirmed rumor and digging up tweets from one dev in 2020 as justification for this thread? Also, they have a BETA next month, how in the world do you know what type of feedback they are taking into account.

I feel like this game is gonna be a masterclass on gamer delusion and head cannon role play. You guys are just fighting a war against a game with one trailer that could play and be seriously fun for all we know, cause a few of the main characters remind people of Guardians of the Galaxy and Almighty Grummz says the devs might not be taking the initial feedback to heart. Hilarious. The narrative people are crafting over this game is amazing.

Last edited:

coffinbirth

I mean. Look at this image. You literally have taken the green from Gamora and put it on Peter quill meets yondu and left draxx as is.
ZBUx03x.png
A group of my friends always do a live group text during these events and my literal first reaction was "this looks like one of those direct to DVD, just different enough to not get sued, Guardians of the Galaxy clone you'd see at a Redbox back in the day".

Tons of people at my work have all kinds of crazy political shit on social media on both sides. Nobody is cancelling anything from us for this. There is no witch hunt going on like there is in gaming for some reason. It’s just humans being humans. Grow the fuck up

Top Bottom