• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firewall Ultra - PSVR2 Gameplay trailer

Koppelthorn

Banned

Get ready to squad up in Firewall Ultra on August 24th, 2023, developed for PlayStation®VR2 by First Contact Entertainment. Pre-order now on PlayStation Store. Step into a shadow-filled secret world of high-stakes multiplayer tactical espionage in the next evolution of the Firewall franchise. Form an elite squad of contractors and strategize as a team to attack targets, cover each other’s backs, and complete objectives in Firewall Ultra’s 4v4 PVP mode.

Looks pretty cool, the gameplay looks a little jank though but I'm guessing in action it flows nicer

I wonder if you can shield yourself from the flashbang in that trailer by either lifting your arm to block your view, or just closing your eyes.

Koppelthorn

Banned
I wonder if you can shield yourself from the flashbang in that trailer by either lifting your arm to block your view, or just closing your eyes.
From what was shown at the end of the trailer, that does appear to be the case. Someone in the comments also mentions how the eye tracking in the PSVR2 can tell when your eyes are closed, and that apparently will affect flashbangs. No clue where they are getting that info though

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
That video kinda suggests shadows will play a pivotal role in the gameplay. I don't think that was a feature in the first Firewall.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
53045685317_175e887461_h.jpg

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Looks like bad graphics at 12 fps

The framerate in the video is really bad, but that's surely an encoding problem or whatever. I'm sure the actual game runs at 60-90 fps, that's the minimum for VR games to not feel like complete shit.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The framerate in the video is really bad, but that's surely an encoding problem or whatever. I'm sure the actual game runs at 60-90 fps, that's the minimum for VR games to not feel like complete shit.
Yeah I am sure the game will run fine but jeez. Encode your video properly

SilentUser

From what was shown at the end of the trailer, that does appear to be the case. Someone in the comments also mentions how the eye tracking in the PSVR2 can tell when your eyes are closed, and that apparently will affect flashbangs. No clue where they are getting that info though
From the PS Blog:
This includes eye-tracking for innovative use cases like closing your eyes to avoid the effects of a flashbang

And it was officially talked by then earlier this year :)

Top Bottom