• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at Redfall gameplay on Xbox Series X

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Very reassuring.
redfall.jpg

35cent

I've seen better but I've seen worse as well so I'll see when it comes out . Might try it on Tuesday but I've still got RE4, Dead Space and Hifi Rush to get through so I'll probably wait for the 60fps patch before I play through it properly.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
No clue who this fella is but here's some PC gameplay. Definitely looks rough for something running on what I THINK (I have no idea) is a decent card at Epic (3070). And maybe it is me but the fellas video settings look crazy bad; he does say he doesn't review videos and it shows.

. . .but yeah, if this guy isn't just pushing his system beyond what it can reasonably do (which would be my guess as they seem to think that framerate is "good") that is some woeful performance that this game can't have on the PC after the 30FPS news and the launch of SW:JS.

MarkMe2525

I don't think the graphics matter much I think people will actually enjoy playing this game .

The biggest problem is the weight this & Starfield has on their shoulders.

When people get past that & it get a few updates I think it will be one of the games everyone look back on & learn to love.

Things do look like placeholders in the background though like they are from the era when devs was placing large textures over boxes
I agree with the thought that Starfield has a lot to live up to, but I have never felt that way about RedFall. I can't believe this is Arkane's A team putting this out seeing as how Deathloop released 16 months ago. It's a B level game from a B level team.

Be aware that because I haven't followed the development closely, I may have my assumptions proven wrong. I am just going off of typical development cycle timelines. I'm still looking forward to it as it is something new, and I generally like the feel of an Arkaney game. Here is to hoping they capture that

No clue who this fella is but here's some PC gameplay. Definitely looks rough for something running on what I THINK (I have no idea) is a decent card at Epic (3070). And maybe it is me but the fellas video settings look crazy bad; he does say he doesn't review videos and it shows.

. . .but yeah, if this guy isn't just pushing his system beyond what it can reasonably do (which would be my guess as they seem to think that framerate is "good") that is some woeful performance that this game can't have on the PC after the 30FPS news and the launch of SW:JS.

It's the way it was encoded it seems (24fps).

This said, the AI on the game is absolutely terrific, like disgusting bad

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
It's the way it was encoded it seems (24fps).

This said, the AI on the game is absolutely terrific, like disgusting bad

Makes sense, because no way could I believe that they were considering that "good" performance.

. . .and there are for SURE texture streaming issues in this as well; there's an interior shot that seems connected to the open world and I'm guess the game is just not doing a good job loading assets in such a large space (relative to ARKANE's other games).

onQ123

I agree with the thought that Starfield has a lot to live up to, but I have never felt that way about RedFall. I can't believe this is Arkane's A team putting this out seeing as how Deathloop released 16 months ago. It's a B level game from a B level team.

Be aware that because I haven't followed the development closely, I may have my assumptions proven wrong. I am just going off of typical development cycle timelines. I'm still looking forward to it as it is something new, and I generally like the feel of an Arkaney game. Here is to hoping they capture that
It's kinda like when killzone 2 & Motorstorm had to live up to them trailers in the end these games were great but people was waiting on the games to get a chance to point out the flaws & shortcomings.

MarkMe2525

It's kinda like when killzone 2 & Motorstorm had to live up to them trailers in the end these games were great but people was waiting on the games to get a chance to point out the flaws & shortcomings.
This is probably correct, though I don't believe it's warranted in this situation. I loved those two games, but what Sony showed at that 05 E3 was foolish.... Well foolish may be to strong, if the presenter wouldn't have "mistakenly" claimed it was in game then we wouldn't have had a problem. Many people felt though that it was a bait and switch. I don't know if that could be claimed here.

I so wish we could get another Motorstorm in the vein of the first one. I really dug that desert canyon setting. I would just drive around in the mud to watch it deform in real time. Great game that had tons of squandered potential.

Needlecrash

It's....not looking as good as I'd hoped. The gun sound effects seem way off. World looks REALLY lifeless and the graphics are....well they just are. SO MUCH MOTION BLUR HERE. I'll need to pass on this sadly.

Bragr

Banned
its so funny some Sony Dudes here are very salty. Game will be even better than Forspoken...Trust me :messenger_winking:
Listen, I was in your boat, I had hopes for this. I looked forward to this for years.

But these fucking devs are on record saying that the vampires are a symbol of rich people and that the game is about murdering rich people. They actually said that.

Fuck em, they deserve to go down with this ship.

They haven't even finished developing the game, and are shipping it in a day-one patch state. Absolute amateurs.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Listen, I was in your boat, I had hopes for this. I looked forward to this for years.

But these fucking devs are on record saying that the vampires are a symbol of rich people and that the game is about murdering rich people. They actually said that.

Fuck em, they deserve to go down with this ship.

They haven't even finished developing the game, and are shipping it in a day-one patch state. Absolute amateurs.
I remember them saying that saying something like it was slaying rich people, the real blood suckers of society

Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco

Nydius

its so funny some Sony Dudes here are very salty. Game will be even better than Forspoken...Trust me :messenger_winking:
The ONLY reason it will get more players than Forspoken is because it’s day one on Shovelware Game Pass. In terms of actual sales, I won’t be surprised at all if Forspoken ends up selling more copies overall.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Why are unreal 4 games having so much trouble lately when gears 5 came out years ago and it ran incredibly
Arkane had troubles with both CryEngine and their in-house VoidTech. Funny that Austin stumbled on UE4, because Dishonored was developed on UE3 and it was the only more or less ‘clean’ release from Arkane.

P.S. And wow thx for the gold, truly humbled.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Game probably won't pan out well. Especially given they announced DLC/Season Pass before launch and it's on Gamepass. Was kinda hoping for a atmospheric exploration based shooter but it's looking pretty bad. Oh well that's why there is always Deep Rock Galactic.

I'm eager how the game turns out once it releases. It just looks bad and I think the negative reception is warranted.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
looks fine but i kinda bothered that the vampires just only have 1 animation "leap and slash" when they are running towards the player

To be fair to Microsoft, I doubt this game would of been made if they bought Zenimax in 2017. Arkane was forced to make a typical "looter shooter" for mainstream audiences after Prey failed financially. Having said that, it is very clear that Microsoft is absolutely shit at assisting studios. They seemingly do not have the infrastructure to do so

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I have zero interest in this game. I might try it out on PC if word of mouth ends up being positive.

Considering that I loved all the previous games they put out, I hope I am wrong.

Xbox badly needs a real good AAA exclusive.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
This looks horrible, a bunch of boring combat against bullet sponge enemies in boring environments. Arkane has never made a game like this and it shows.

DeepSpace5D

At least this person spent a decent amount of time with it and seems at least competent in shooters. That IGN demonstration and this Series X footage on Twitter do the game no favors due to how awful the people are playing it.

Top Bottom