• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/15 |OT14| The one where Europa&Champions League are sensationally back

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

All competitions - 110 Goals

Messi 37
Neymar 24
Pedro 10
Suarez 7
Pique 5
Rakitic 4
Sandro 4
Iniesta 3
Own goals 3
Adriano 2
Alba 2
Rafinha 2
Roberto 2
Adama 1
Busquets 1
Mathieu 1
Munir 1
Xavi 1

All competitions - 81 Assists

Messi 18
Suarez 12
Alba 5
Iniesta 5
Pedro 5
Rakitic 5
Alves 4
Neymar 4
Rafinha 4
Xavi 4
Bartra 3
Adriano 2
Busquets 2
Montoya 2
Munir 2
Roberto 2
Douglas 1
Pique 1

Mes que un club

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Footy gaf please help me understand why everyone on the gaming side is getting so worked up about that the order game

I don't understand it either, looks to be another generic cinematic "experience". But there's people in gaming side that still get hyped over Ubisoft bug-fests, so it doesn't surprise me that much.

its crazy, I have never seen anything like it. The last thread had to be nuked from orbit because it went mad

I mean I looked at some videos and it looks like your average run a the mill AAA game being released these days but nothing to warrant the craziness I am seeing on the gaming side

Fintan

Fair to say Messi is in some of the best form of his career?
Ever since the whole thing with Enrique at the start of the year, he's taken it to another level.

Interesting thing I read on Twitter, Messi has 14 right foot goals this season. No weak foot anymore.

Scum

I mean I looked at some videos and it looks like your average run a the mill AAA game being released these days but nothing to warrant the craziness I am seeing on the gaming side

Reported to gamingside.

Fair to say Messi is in some of the best form of his career?

Yep. Ever since Barca got bukkaked by Moyes and Messi put #FraudEnrique in his place, he's kicked it up a notch. But what's more frightening is Messi, Neymar and now Suarez kicking it up a notch.

pulga

Banned
Just got back home from the stadium

Watching the real love of my life, Real España (aka the honduran BVB), tie the hometown derby vs. Marathon

Feels like a loss though, we've got such a sensational squad this season

La Rata, El Mambo, El Mango, El Camello, Marimar and Ramoncito

yet we couldn't beat those gecko cunts
D5Jy4CR.png

We need to give El Sheriff the boot and bring back El Pelicano

Messi is just a incredible player. I'm so glad to be seeing him in my lifetime. GOAT.

And is it fair to say that Messi, Neymar, Suarez is a tastier/scarier front 3 than Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema?

Wilbur

Banned
Zabo. Goddamn. What a saga.

First game, Zabo was 3-0 up at half time and cruising. Second half more even and finished 3-1.

The second match was really even with some great defending. We each had only 2 shots in the entire game; some really good tactical play. Mine were both off target. Zabo's both were,one in the first attack of the game and one with the last kick of the game. 2-0.

The third match... Fuck ME. After surviving an early blitzkrieg, I started going HAM. Went 4-0 up, including a RVP thundercunt from 30 yards and a lovely one touch passing move. Pretty soon Zabo got the score back to 5-3, before giving away a pen. Phil Jones got sent off soon after, De Gea made a fucking sensational save from Pogba and then Rooney finished it off. 7-3 to United.

The fourth match was very like the second in terms of equality, but if that was a tactical battle a la Serie A, this one was more #basedEPL. Really fast paced, crunching tackles... I knew it was gonna be fucking mental when Zabo lined up 4-3-3 with Simone Pepe of all cunts. What a time. Really tight again, with Zabo taking his chances and it finishing 1-0.

Fifth match was a carbon copy of the fourth, but finished 2-1 to me instead. Dodgy penalty though.

I love playing Zabo. Really fucking fun.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Messi is this generation's Pele. It'll be at least 10 years before we find someone that starts to reach his level. What a time to be alive.

Zabojnik

Brilliant games, you one-touch-pass master! That penalty call was total bullshit though, Chiello got the ball clear. :p

Anyway, sensational. We have to play 2vs2 tomorrow!

Brilliant games, you one-touch-pass master! That penalty call was total bullshit though, Chiello got the ball clear. :p

Do you know if you can do 2v2 with local players too? eg me and wilbz vs you and bla or whatever. Cos that would be amazing haha

Wilbur

Banned
Brilliant games, you one touch-pass-master! That penalty call was total bullshit though, Chiello got the ball clear. :p

I tried to miss, that's why I put it down the middle lool!

also

dat rvp goal

I noticed you didnt skip the replay
qBsuB5s.png

Zabojnik

Do you know if you can do 2v2 with local players too? eg me and wilbz vs you and bla or whatever. Cos that would be amazing haha

Uhhh, I have no idea. I'm inclined to say no, but I'll check tomorrow.

I tried to miss, that's why I put it down the middle lool!

also

dat rvp goal

I noticed you didnt skip the replay
qBsuB5s.png

Fuck me what a fucking goal that was. I literally applauded you, lol. I've nothing against people watching replays of their plays/goals btw, I always wait for the opponent to skip it. I mean, as long as it's not every fucking replay. :)

jtb

Banned
Kingsman: meh. better than Kick Ass (not to set the bar too low)... but the stylized action was all a bit weightless and bloodless for a film so violent. and... whisper it... kinda lazy, especially in the final action set piece.

there is one action set piece that is pretty impressive though it's less an action scene and more just a
mindless slaughter, which made it a bit less exciting.

Razor554

Messi is just a incredible player. I'm so glad to be seeing him in my lifetime. GOAT.

And is it fair to say that Messi, Neymar, Suarez is a tastier/scarier front 3 than Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema?

pls, Messi alone is tastier

In 2015, Bale, Benzema and Ronaldo scored 11 goals and provided 6 assists combined.
Messi in 2015: 14 goals and 9 assists.

Wilbur

Banned
Uhhh, I have no idea. I'm inclined to say no, but I'll check tomorrow.

Fuck me what a fucking goal that was. I literally applauded you, lol. I've nothing against people watching replays of their plays/goals btw, I always wait for the opponent to skip it. I mean, as long as it's not every fucking replay. :)

Pogba's fucking beastly on that game. Can't get the ball off him. Luckily I had secret weapon Daley Blind.

Kingsman: meh. better than Kick Ass (not to set the bar too low)... but the stylized action was all a bit weightless and bloodless for a film so violent. and... whisper it... kinda lazy, especially in the final action set piece.

there is one action set piece that is pretty impressive though it's less an action scene and more just a
mindless slaughter, which made it a bit less exciting.

I can't decide whether to go see it or not or just wait until DVD

Wilbur

Banned
So is Fellaini! Such a presence in the midfield. Gotta up my passing game, was really sloppy today.

I primarily use Fellaini to win the ball back after kick off :lol

Yeah, same; far too many passes straight back to you. It's always one of my centre backs as well, which makes it even fucking riskier.

arkon

I've nearly run out of podcasts. Recommend me one, preferably with a big archive

Listened to/listening to:

Ricky Gervais radio shows
Ricky Gervais podcasts
Russell Brand radio shows
GiantBombcast
Idle Thumbs
Videogamer
Football Weekly
Football Ramble
Hardcore History

Decided I can't be bothered with Bill Burr's Monday Morning podcast. Every episode is the same. Might start on 1up Yours again, this time from beginning to end

Uhh Yeah Dude.
How Did This Get Made

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I've nearly run out of podcasts. Recommend me one, preferably with a big archive

Listened to/listening to:

Ricky Gervais radio shows
Ricky Gervais podcasts
Russell Brand radio shows
GiantBombcast
Idle Thumbs
Videogamer
Football Weekly
Football Ramble
Hardcore History

Decided I can't be bothered with Bill Burr's Monday Morning podcast. Every episode is the same. Might start on 1up Yours again, this time from beginning to end

8-4 Play and Jimquisition are pretty good IMO.

Probity

Ehhh. You give PES too much credit. Better football, worse game. Most modes feel extremely bare - career modes especially, and the lack of stadiums and leagues hurts it in my opinion. Also, the ball control is sometimes awkward and the keepers can be occasionally atrocious in ways worse than in FIFA.

I also really want the Order to do well, and I want it to be a good game. We will see, I am probably going to pick it up. Holding a steady finger on that Xenoverse though, FF, I am close to actually buying it. I remember the good fun I had back a while ago with the old games, and this one sounds better, but I don't know yet.

FootballFan

Is PES much better than FIFA?

Yeah I'd say so. Ea really kinda just relied on what they had, didn't really make many improvements. Fifa just seems lazy, as if EA expected Konami to keep releasing crap and pose no challenge.

Pes may not have had pes 14 on next gen consoles but imo it's easy to tell why, they concentrated on actually making a good game in pes 15 instead. Graphics, presentation and licencing suck still but the gameplay is Gr8.

Pes 16 will be the best football sim of all time.

Edit
Pes 15 definitely has its issues though. But the signs are good for us football fans.

FootballFan

Holding a steady finger on that Xenoverse though, FF, I am close to actually buying it. I remember the good fun I had back a while ago with the old games, and this one sounds better, but I don't know yet.

Incredible.

I genuinely believe in Xenoverse.

From all I've seen and heard, its looking good.

I cant wait to create a character.

Tc91

Yeah, in sublime form this season. I just want to watch him as much as possible.

I've seen Ronnie many times in Manchester derbies etc but never seen Messi. Dad hook me and Dan up with tickets ty.

Chipotle

Messi is unbelievably good at the moment. So good that you don't know how he stays motivated (I guess dropping him vs Moyes worked out pretty well). Are there any records he's due to break in the next few months? Honestly, if I was him I'd just retire into a tax haven with no extradition treaties

Elchele

Messi is unbelievably good at the moment. So good that you don't know how he stays motivated (I guess dropping him vs Moyes worked out pretty well). Are there any records he's due to break in the next few months? Honestly, if I was him I'd just retire into a tax haven with no extradition treaties

your avatar fits perfectly

FootballFan

Yeah, in sublime form this season. I just want to watch him as much as possible.

I've seen Ronnie many times in Manchester derbies etc but never seen Messi. Dad hook me and Dan up with tickets ty.

imagine you and Dan sitting next to each other

Watching messi

What a sight.

I bet the Zlatan world hunger thing has been posted.

Does anyone know if got a yellow card for that? lol

Yeah he got a yellow for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom