• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/15 |OT14| The one where Europa&Champions League are sensationally back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Liverpool are hoping to complete the signing of Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic, 24, his team-mate and fellow midfielder Radja Nainggolan, 26, and Lazio forward Keita Balde Diao, 19, for a combined fee of more than £75m. (Daily Express)
Former Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra, 29, hopes West Ham will revive their interest in signing him in the summer, after Fifa blocked a move in January. (Daily Mirror)
Burnley striker Danny Ings, 22, has flown to Spain to open talks with Real Sociedad over a proposed summer move. (Daily Mail)
And the Spanish side, managed by David Moyes, are set to quadruple Ings' current wages and pay him 60,000-a-week. (Daily Star)
Atletico Madrid have agreed a deal to sign Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla, 32, in the summer. (Spanish radio station Cadena Cope)
The Spanish club are also hoping to take Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata, 26, back to La Liga. (The Sun - Subscription required)

OTHER GOSSIP
England manager Roy Hodgson wants to see former Manchester United defender Gary Neville replace him when he leaves his role. (Daily Star)
Everton defender Phil Jagielka, 32, says the Toffees, five points clear of the relegation zone, would have swapped their healthy progress in the Europa League for a decent run in the Premier League. (Liverpool Echo)
Arsene Wenger says France striker Olivier Giroud, 28, who scored both goals in the Gunners 2-0 FA Cup win over Middlesbrough, is a transformed player. (Daily Telegraph)
Paris St-Germain defender Thiago Silva, 30, says Chelsea striker Diego Costa does not scare them ahead of Tuesday night's Champions League meeting. (Daily Mirror)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil was gracious in victory by wishing Middlesbrough manager Aitor Karanka best wishes after the Gunners had beaten the Teesiders 2-0 in the FA Cup. "Good luck for the rest of the season," he tweeted.
Liverpool left-back Jose Enrique was singing the praises of Barcelona's Lionel Messi after the Argentina forward's performance in the win against Levante. "Three goals and one assist...this guy is from a different planet," he said on Twitter.

AND FINALLY...
At 14 he was dubbed 'the new Pele' now at 25 Freddy Adu is a nightclub promoter in America after struggling to find a new club. (Metro)

At 14 he was dubbed 'the new Pele' now at 25 Freddy Adu is a nightclub promoter in America after struggling to find a new club. (Metro)
iU9wk9lPdhHay.png

Chipotle

And the Spanish side, managed by David Moyes, are set to quadruple Ings' current wages and pay him 60,000-a-week. (Daily Star)

Would love it if Moyes's new job was to bring English players to Spain to play for a plucky team. If he made a difference to that mentality of staying in England it'd be great and pretty positive going forward.

Yen

Liverpool are hoping to complete the signing of Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic, 24, his team-mate and fellow midfielder Radja Nainggolan, 26, and Lazio forward Keita Balde Diao, 19, for a combined fee of more than £75m. (Daily Express)

pls

GorillaJu

pls

Just fire three spitballs and maybe one of them will stick

Jarnet87

I dont buy a bigger club going after Pjanic. I guess he is playing really good football right now but people have known how talented he is since his Lyon days.

Scum

Would love it if Moyes's new job was to bring English players to Spain to play for a plucky team. If he made a difference to that mentality of staying in England it'd be great and pretty positive going forward.

I'd love Ings at Spurs. But if Moyes does it, it'll be fantastic. Imagine Moyes as the catalyst that finally gets more young, talented English players abroad.
What a time!

Lunar FC

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Not sure at all about this. Never seen any of them play, but still.

Chipotle

I'd love Ings at Spurs. But if Moyes does it, it'll be fantastic. Imagine Moyes as the catalyst that finally gets more young, talented English players abroad.
What a time!

Can't wait until he re-signs Rodwell and breathes life into him again

pulga

Banned
Depending on the fee I would be ok selling Cazorla.

Replace him with Isco.

Then we have a disco.

I think you've gotten confused as to our clubs' sporting relationship.

RMadrid is akin to a fine dining restaurant.

Arsenal is just our trash bin.

tumblr_m5bh03XPvP1r9dsg6o1_500.gif

Spurs are our kobe beef supplier.

Haha you must be so butt hurt that none of our players wanted to play for you. Even Wenger rejectrd your joke club. Only player who went to you was Anelka and it took you years to pay it off because your club likes to cheat on its finances.

wedward

Whatever makes you feel better plug.

Wenger rejected you a long time ago. Build a bridge pls.

Probity

I am awful at making skill moves work, which is ironic since I learned how to do accurate analog motions from Skate.

wedward

Isco? Fuck him. Go for Draxler like we should have landed him last year.

Man. You have the strangest opinions sometimes.

Interested in hearing why you would want Draxler over Isco.

Cant think of a single reason other than Draxler would be cheaper.

pulga

Banned
God Im sick of Kolo fucking Toure in the OP.

Can't we get a nice OP going guys? Ours just looks terrible. The only salvageable part is how each club's icon links to that club's website. That's it.

Lightning

Banned
Man. You have the strangest opinions sometimes.

Interested in hearing why you would want Draxler over Isco.

Cant think of a single reason other than Draxler would be cheaper.
Isco would be near impossible to get out of Madrid, obviously cheaper, difference in quality I don't believe is that big, Draxler can play in more than one position and is a very good player. Bit injury prone would be my only issue.

Isco is a pipe dream. Down the lines of Pogba and Varane.

sohois

I dont buy a bigger club going after Pjanic. I guess he is playing really good football right now but people have known how talented he is since his Lyon days.

This always comes up whenever Liverpool, or Arsenal, or Tottenham are linked with players.

What bigger clubs? Do people still not realise how much the PL clubs absolutely dwarf the rest in terms of money and prestige? There are 4 clubs in Europe that can compete with them, one of which is banned from transfers. He's not a big enough name for PSG or RM, and who knows if he would fit into a Pep team.

If Liverpool do end up missing out on the CL then one of the other Prem clubs could probably outbid them, but other than that there just aren't these 'bigger clubs' waiting to strike for most of these players.

Jarnet87

This always comes up whenever Liverpool, or Arsenal, or Tottenham are linked with players.

What bigger clubs? Do people still not realise how much the PL clubs absolutely dwarf the rest in terms of money and prestige? There are 4 clubs in Europe that can compete with them, one of which is banned from transfers. He's not a big enough name for PSG or RM, and who knows if he would fit into a Pep team.

If Liverpool do end up missing out on the CL then one of the other Prem clubs could probably outbid them, but other than that there just aren't these 'bigger clubs' waiting to strike for most of these players.

they are big clubs. I dont buy the rumor because they could of gone after him years ag, so why now. and its not like he would have been expensive.

wedward

Isco would be near impossible to get out of Madrid, obviously cheaper, difference in quality I don't believe is that big, Draxler can play in more than one position and is a very good player. Bit injury prone would be my only issue.

Isco is a pipe dream. Down the lines of Pogba and Varane.

Lol. I wasnt being serious. We arent getting either.

Isco is the better player.

FootballFan

I can name you 10 bigger clubs mate.

You should try playing Counterstrike with randoms! Anytime I play with Americans the other randoms just spend the whole game taking the piss out of my English accent :/

You gotta admit it's pretty funny mate.

<3

You should hear mine. Too bad my mic is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom