• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/15 |OT14| The one where Europa&Champions League are sensationally back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Who the fuck is even talking about Pjanic to Liverpool anyway

Metro ?

Doesn't seem worth firing up the "we are so a big club" defense mechanisms.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
some players want money, some want to play in the PL even if it's for QPR and some want to wear the shirt of Real Madrid, Barcelona or [insert childhood club]. It's hard to predict what's on their mind, or their agent's mind :p

and there are a few who just want to be the best in the world

Footy gaf please help me understand why everyone on the gaming side is getting so worked up about that the order game

I dunno, because they're a) bored b) it's an exclusive game c) bitching is fun

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
and some players are just waiting desperately for any offer like Damiao and Jackson Martínez :lol

apologies for the dumb question, but where's the best place to get PSN cards? Preferably instantaneously. Had a bad experience with Joystick or whatever it's called a year or two ago

Phlebas

Banned
and some players are just waiting desperately for any offer like Damiao and Jackson Martínez :lol

apologies for the dumb question, but where's the best place to get PSN cards? Preferably instantaneously. Had a bad experience with Joystick or whatever it's called a year or two ago

Amazon m8

Play asia.

I am gonna buy one tonight

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Amazon m8
ooooh right! Thank you!

So Morata mate, he's a bit class isn't he

7 goals and 4 assists in...7 starts :lol. A goal and an assist in two consecutive games too <3

I can't bring myself to love him though, because it feels like we're just grooming him for Madrid. Is this how farmers feel towards their cows?

actually, they do love their cows, don't they? Maybe I should then, enjoy him for as long as we have him and milk him for what he's worth later. Prepare dem titties Elbuyback

Play asia.

I am gonna buy one tonight
it was actually Play Asia that screwed me, I had to call them up twice to send me the codes. I don't mind calling and all, but it took them a few days ffs...IT WAS JUST A CODE

Phlebas

Banned
ooooh right! Thank you!

6 goals and 4 assists in...6 starts :lol. A goal and an assist in two consecutive games too <3

I can't bring myself to love him though, because it feels like we're just grooming him for Madrid. Is this how farmers feel towards their cows?

Lol

Glad he's doing well, needs another season away before I'd think we'd even consider it.

IMO

ooooh right! Thank you!

6 goals and 4 assists in...6 starts :lol. A goal and an assist in two consecutive games too <3

actually, they do love their cows, don't they? Maybe I should then, enjoy him for as long as we have him and milk him for what he's worth later. Prepare dem titties Elbuyback

it was actually Play Asia that screwed me, I had to call them up twice to send me the codes. I don't mind calling and all, but it took them a few days ffs...IT WAS JUST A CODE

Yeah, it can be a pain from them because of their operating hours and it takes a while for them to confirm payment, but I have always gotten it within 24 hours.

pulga

Banned
ooooh right! Thank you!

7 goals and 4 assists in...7 starts :lol. A goal and an assist in two consecutive games too <3

YES YURT GET ON THE MORATA TRAIN CHOOO CHOOO

tumblr_miy5khHItL1qcuj0bo1_500.gif

I expect The Order to bomb pretty hard, just hope RAD can survive it. Their first console game I think, and they must already be testing Sony's patience with the big budget and year or so delay which took them out of the hugely important console launch window

I'll buy it eventually, far too many negative vibes around it to expect it to be anything great though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
whoever paid 40 (or now 20?) for the MGS demo should not be allowed to complain about The Order's length whatsoever.

I expect The Order to bomb pretty hard, just hope RAD can survive it. Their first console game I think, and they must already be testing Sony's patience with the big budget and year or so delay which took them out of the hugely important console launch window

I'll buy it eventually, far too many negative vibes around it to expect it to be anything great though.

I'll definitely buy it used eventually just to experience it, it looks phenomenal and the gameplay (QTE aside) doesn't look offensively bad :p

YES YURT GET ON THE MORATA TRAIN CHOOO CHOOO

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ca7a2e893497bd05fd161cd1a1476bfe/tumblr_miy5khHItL1qcuj0bo1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

God I love this picture

[img]http://www.maidirecalcio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/morata-marchisio.jpg

Alvaro -Fire breathing- Elbuyback

more goals than Immobile, welp

Probity

A lot of people tend to openly disregard cinematic games, which I guess I sort of understand to an extent. I can see why $60 for a game more similar to a $15 film seems unreasonable as a whole, but eh. I enjoy most of them personally. Plus, I don't feel like it is a solid comparison between the two.

As for gameplay style, there really isn't anything wrong with a linear game if done correctly. Based on what I have read, the actual game is actually pretty fun. Impressions I have seen relate the melee to tlou, and the gunplay looks satisfying from what I have seen. There is also little doubt in my mind that the story will be solid, and the game looks aesthetically great. Thus far a well-polished and invested game. I hope it succeeds, but I think I could see why it wouldn't. I don't know what negative vibes you've got but I feel pretty convinced it will be a good experience.

whoever paid 40 (or now 20?) for the MGS demo should not be allowed to complain about The Order's length whatsoever.

I'll definitely buy it used eventually just to experience it, it looks phenomenal and the gameplay (QTE aside) doesn't look offensively bad :p

God I love this picture

morata-marchisio.jpg

Alvaro -Fire breathing- Elbuyback

more goals than Immobile, welp

It was well worth buying Zone of Enders for the demo.

Probity

Playing Metro: 2033 for the first time, chose hardest difficulty. Sort of an unforgiving game so far but I don't know how I feel about it. The interim moments between the actual missions are weak and the actual missions aren't much so far, but I see some potential. I'm not far in but the characters keep cycling, so I assume none of them matter yet. Voice acting is occasionally atrocious, but ok sometimes. Hearing the kids is cringe worthy, even. Still not boring though. I like the atmosphere and use of sound, the guns are cool, the times I mess up stealth are intense
by that I mean I die heroically every time
, and I still feel oddly compelled to move on to the next part, even with the ehh story so far.

Lunar FC

I'm trying more and more to hold off from getting games at launch unless they are must haves. This is defiantly one i could wait until black friday for and nab for 20 bones.

Phlebas

Banned
I'm trying more and more to hold off from getting games at launch unless they are must haves. This is defiantly one i could wait until black friday for and nab for 20 bones.

Yup.

The only thing between now and Uncharted 4 that I'm picking up first day is Bloodborne.

Probity

I want a small open world game. Like, big enough to have solid exploration but small enough for better-built environments and characters with more unique and interesting 'quests' or missions. That one kickstarter game with the ehhh title fit the bill for me I think. It was like medieval and stuff with quoted better than chivalry first person gameplay, rpg and all that nonsense. That game looked great for me, I remember reading something about how the game was made a certain smaller size for the exact reasons I explained. Too bad it won't be out for ages.

Edit: The name of the game is Kingdom Come: Deliverance, I just looked back and found it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I want a small open world game. Like, big enough to have solid exploration but small enough for better-built environments and characters with more unique and interesting 'quests' or missions. That one kickstarter game with the ehhh title fit the bill for me I think. It was like medieval and stuff with quoted better than chivalry first person gameplay, rpg and all that nonsense. That game looked great for me, I remember reading something about how the game was made a certain smaller size for the exact reasons I explained. Too bad it won't be out for ages.

Edit: The name of the game is Kingdom Come: Deliverance, I just looked back and found it.

looks interesting, albeit a bit bland. This whole kickstater business is brilliant really, I'm seeing way more interesting stuff coming out from there than mega publishers

to me the only case of open world done right was Dark Souls, where it was technically open world but at the same time, it kinda wasn't.

Kojima will get it right, I'm sure of it.

Probity

looks interesting, albeit a bit bland. This whole kickstater business is brilliant really, I'm seeing way more interesting stuff coming out from there than mega publishers

to me the only case of open world done right was Dark Souls, where it was technically open world but at the same time, it kinda wasn't.

Kojima will get it right, I'm sure of it.

I hate myself for it, but I have yet to play any of the souls games. I am just under the impression that the gameplay style is more frustrating than fun for someone like me, so I have yet to try them thus far.

As for KC:D seeming bland, it probably is as of right now. I figure it will be a solid rpg with fun mechanics and such forever from now when it gets finished. They're working extremely hard with it from what I have seen and the recent updates have a lot to do with their work in writing and fixing bugs. I think it will eventually be quite good, especially for being as similar to an indie game as this sort of production value can get.

I looooove kickstarter for this sort of thing. So many funded projects I have high hopes for, gives me more hope for the industry with the way things are going at the moment.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I hate myself for it, but I have yet to play any of the souls games. I am just under the impression that the gameplay style is more frustrating than fun for someone like me, so I have yet to try them thus far.

As for KC:D seeming bland, it probably is as of right now. I figure it will be a solid rpg with fun mechanics and such forever from now when it gets finished. They're working extremely hard with it from what I have seen and the recent updates have a lot to do with their work in writing and fixing bugs. I think it will eventually be quite good, especially for being as similar to an indie game as this sort of production value can get.

I looooove kickstarter for this sort of thing. So many funded projects I have high hopes for, gives me more hope for the industry with the way things are going at the moment.

It really really isn't. Of the three Souls games, only one was genuinely hard, and that was Demon's Souls. Dark Souls was really quite easy and accessible once you get the hang of it a couple of hours in. You'll die a lot when you come up against a difficult boss, of course, but other than that you won't face any problems anywhere (unless you go into the wrong neighborhood early :lol)

if it was up to me, I'd buy every single one of you a copy of the game just so you don't miss out on it

Probity

I will consider them more then. People have said Demons is better right? I dunno. I will think about it more and then see if I will hop on finally to see what the fuss is about. I do have genuine intrigue with bloodborne too, which is the same thing essentially I think.

In other news, the Order impressions thread is ridiculous for literally no reason. Everyone hates each other and there are like two groups that are having a war over if the game will actually be good or something. GAF is ridiculous sometimes, I swear.

spidye

Another day another watzke news

Today he cries about sympathy in football and how Bayern didn't like Dortmund being so popular in germany

:lol
Watzke du Wurst

Nothing personal dortmund fans <3
Watzke is just a funny guy

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I will consider them more then. People have said Demons is better right? I dunno. I will think about it more and then see if I will hop on finally to see what the fuss is about. I do have genuine intrigue with bloodborne too, which is the same thing essentially I think.

In other news, the Order impressions thread is ridiculous for literally no reason. Everyone hates each other and there are like two groups that are having a war over if the game will actually be good or something. GAF is ridiculous sometimes, I swear.

they're both just as good. Demon's is fucking brutal for a newbie to the series though, so strangely enough starting with the sequel Dark Souls seems like the better idea :lol

dc89

Yeah, in sublime form this season. I just want to watch him as much as possible.

I've seen Ronnie many times in Manchester derbies etc but never seen Messi. Dad hook me and Dan up with tickets ty.

Papa pls

imagine you and Dan sitting next to each other

Watching messi

What a sight.

Yeah he got a yellow for it.

We've sat next to each other many times at football.
Derbies, testimonials, European games. All sorts.

"I said to [Jason Palmer, Chelsea physio, who was trying to get the hamstring working]," Luiz recalls in hushed tones. "&#8201;‘You know how I worked hard in my life to be here? You know when I left my family I was 14-years-old? You know tomorrow there are 200&#8201;million Brazilians in the world and just one can be on the pitch? You know what it is for my life to be here? Then it's not for you to say something, to say I cannot play tomorrow. I will do the test but even if I fail you go to [the then manager Roberto] Di Matteo and say to him that I play tomorrow.'

"He said ‘no'. I said: ‘You go there and you say to him, if not, I kill you. And tomorrow we will be champions of Europe, no problem. Trust me.' And he did. Di Matteo came to my room and I said: ‘No problem boss, I play tomorrow and let's be champions of Europe.'&#8201;"

On telling Roman to calm his farm:

"I went to the hotel lounge and Abramovich was there and he said: ‘How are you, how is the leg?'&#8201;" Luiz recalls. "And I said: ‘No problem. Tomorrow I play with the head and the heart, so no problem.' And he said: ‘No, my God, I'm nervous,' and I'm like, ‘keep calm'."

On getting into Bastian Schweinsteiger's head:

"All the time I was saying it [that we are going to win]. At the corner kick [Bastian] Schweinsteiger came to me to mark me and I said: ‘No problem, it's not me who will score.' And Didier scored. And Schweinsteiger looked at me as if to say ‘what the?' "

I really do miss him.

Phlebas

Banned
I backed Project Phoenix myself

Just looking at the insane amount of talent assigned to production on that game, I just had to give it a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom