• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013-14 |OT2| Caravanning all the way to France

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will demand a percentage of his image rights (likely half) in his contract. So they will get a cut of all his sponsorship deals from then on.

This is why Ronaldo is being so pissy right now. It isn't because he "misses Manchester", it's because he believes he's being cheated out of millions now and he wants that rectified in any new contract.

What his advisors aren't taking into account, evidently, is that it's only by working on these terms that Madrid can afford to break transfer records every few years and pay the extortionate wages they already do.

Or something like that.
Okay.

So let's say they take 50% of Bale's sponsorship money over the next 5 years.

Cristiano Ronaldo's endorsements are currently valued at about £12m. Bale isn't even anywhere near to that, but let's just say he is already. Madrid take £6m a year off him.

Hardly a dent in their outlay.

Turok_TTZ

You don't think they care about the players image or marketability at all? I'm not saying they're just trying to make back all the money spent.

Turok or anyone has any numbers how much we've made over Ronnie's shirts?

Nope I do not. Flo however has said some seasons ago that CR7 already paid off his transfer fee. whether thats due to a combination of sponsorships and merchandisiing I am not certain but I recall Flo stating it.

panty

I'm sure they care, I'm saying if they are signing him to make money, as you suggested, then what is the evidence or logic of it?

This idea shirt sales repay for a transfer is completely hilarious. First of all...Madrid will have had to of sold an insane amount of shirts for that to even be close to true. And that's before you consider that when a jersey is sold for £50, Madrid aren't just getting that £50. that's not how it works...

Football isn't about making money, it incurs massive sunk costs.

ringwaldhaze explained the thing a lot better than me. Was meaning image rights but couldn't just get the word to my head.

And no, I'm not talking about covering the transfer fee with selling shirts. Pls.

You don't think they care about the players image or marketability at all? I'm not saying they're just trying to make back all the money spent.

Turok or anyone has any numbers how much we've made over Ronnie's shirts?

Ronaldo was the biggest star in football when he got bought. Bale hasn't even won a league.

K1LLER7

G.Hunter On Ronaldo

"I haven't read today's story in UK press that everyone asking about. All I will say is RM fear CR7 not renewing and agent have tactic to run the contract down. Possibly leave for free. But that leaves room for him to stay if this yr convinces.

Obviously IF Madrid sign Bale it would be stupid to rule out the idea of M.United being offered chance to sign Ronaldo. But that´s in future. Right now United figure they will get serious chance to buy him next summer and, if not, get him free in two years time.

IF Madrid run out of patience with Ronaldo not renewing this summer then, who knows what will happen. But, on balance, think he stays."

Ronaldo and his Agent are in a strong position.

kharma45

:lol you Madrid goons who think you will make your money back from shirt sales. No chance.

Yep. Bale isn't a big enough star yet, he's not at the same level commercially as Ronaldo was when he left.

G.Hunter On Ronaldo

"I haven't read today's story in UK press that everyone asking about. All I will say is RM fear CR7 not renewing and agent have tactic to run the contract down. Possibly leave for free. But that leaves room for him to stay if this yr convinces.

Obviously IF #Madrid sign #Bale it would be stupid to rule out the idea of M.United being offered chance to sign #Ronaldo. But that´s in future. Right now #United figure they will get serious chance to buy him next summer and, if not, get him free in two years time.

IF #Madrid run out of patience with #Ronaldo not renewing this summer then, who knows what will happen. But, on balance, think he stays."

Based Woodward has this covered, he's coming back this month. In time for the Chelsea game. In time to say hello to Mou.

panty

Nope I do not. Flo however has said some seasons ago that CR7 already paid off his transfer fee. whether thats due to a combination of sponsorships and merchandisiing I am not certain but I recall Flo stating it.

Some seasons ago? So maybe two to three years ago and Ronnie's transfer fee was 93M€.

If that's the case then it's really impressive.

:lol you Madrid goons who think you will make your money back from shirt sales. No chance.

It was just an example.

FootballFan

:lol get off your high horse.

wUt. It would be a useless signing that would cost quite a lot, don't see how that's a high horse comment. It's like Real Madrid signing a 40m euro goalkeeper just because he is good even though you already have Lopez and Iker.

Isco would only have fit in for us where our wingers play and he can't play like they do. pls don't reply with lolz isco >>> tello, I'm not saying he is worse, but he can't do the same job. Wouldn't want to either.

If we were to play him in midfield he'd be on the bench, that would only upset and shrink Cesc's time even more.

Man City he'd be the star man and with his former coach, in a new league with massive hype, at Barca/Madrid he's just another one of the players.

That's how I feel, don't know what the rest of you think about it.

A0NBSub.jpg

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE

FUCK YOU BAR EXAMSSSSS

Trivia: What's the worst part about the bar exam?

Answer: Missing two Milan games. :(

I'm going to their game on Sunday though, should make up for it. :D :D :D

Real are a dumb, dumb club. Historically one of the best teams in the world, yes. But, really, the CL is the biggest prize in Europe and they haven't won that in 11 years.

That's not going to change with Bale at the club, however good he is. Ridiculous signing if he does go there.

I do find it interesting that he can accurately calculate the good will one man has produced.

The notion is hilarious.

If football players can make £100m in just a few years why aren't clubs rolling in dough. Madrid have a £600m debt but these players they're signing for £100m are making them a profit :lol

Does not add up, just a myth people throw out there.

Wilbur

Banned
Can't see Bale becoming as big a star as Ronaldo, ever. He hasn't got the Mediterranean swag. He isn't as good looking. He's pasty. He's married which means he won't be out strumming pussy every night and causing a storm. And now he's a small fish in a pond where Lionel Messi and Ronnie swim around.

K1LLER7

Can't see Bale becoming as big a star as Ronaldo, ever. He hasn't got the Mediterranean swag. He isn't as good looking. He's pasty. He's married which means he won't be out strumming pussy every night and causing a storm. And now he's a small fish in a pond where Lionel Messi and Ronnie swim around.

I'm thinking of giving you a KPOP avatar

bobito

Banned

Here I disagree slightly, Anglo Saxon white male is favoured over all else. I mean if rooney can be a big name, Bale can be massive.

Spurs getting top 4 will depend on who they get to replace Bale IMO.

If Arsenal signed some players they'd be alright, they have Wenger. But doesn't seem like they're signing anybody lol.

Salvadora

Spurs getting top 4 will depend on who they get to replace Bale IMO.

If Arsenal signed some players they'd be alright, they have Wenger. But doesn't seem like they're signing anybody lol.

Wenger is in the last year of his contract. Maybe like 'Arry it will distract the squad and effect results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom