• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

The worst is the amount of Germans who comes through Denmark, and just approaches you and speaks German at you, expecting you to understand and reply without problems. Pls.

Loooooooool

That is exactly what Italians usually do in Amsterdam btw. Also when I go to the south of Belgium these fuckers refuse to talk Dutch even though most of them know how to speak it damn well. Fake Frenchies.

dc89

Thanks DC, that was worth the wait. Mancini truly sounds like an absolute nut job..it wasn't surprise that everyone was happy to see him go but this provides even more context.

Saw yesterday that Silva has only one the PL POTM once and it was back in 2011. Almost unfathomable really.

No problem. Yeah, i got the impression he was mad.

Silva - wow, that's insane. INSANE!

Thank you Danny boy that was fucking great :lol you might want to consider deleting that last doping line though :p

What. Seriously?! Don't panic me Yurt.

Suomi isn't medium to learn. It's fucking hard, god damn it.

When you accidentally press Suomi on a dvd or game at launch.
CZooEXr.png

Probity

literally no one spoke English in Germany except for a few hipster BVB fans I've met in the airport

how can you guys not know what a fucking wi-fi is

and I can't believe Dutch is an actual language

How often are you in Germany? I know a lot of English speakers, specifically around the Frankfurt/Mainz areas and in some regions in Munich. Also, my Mom's family is from Kassel and I am almost positive everyone I've met there speaks at least better English than most foreigners speak German.

We're required to learn it through basically all of school, at least where I'm from, the problem is that only some people get to use it enough to retain the information. I'm lucky enough that my Dad's first language is English so I had good marks in my class.

Linius

When you accidentally press Suomi on a dvd or game at launch.
CZooEXr.png

For some reason my games never come with Swedish, Suomi and Danish anymore. Only Italian, Spanish, German, French and English these days. And if you're lucky Dutch too. Well, not that I care since I have everything in English anyways.

Walshy

I can read German quite well. But don't ask me to have a conversation in German, I never use it anymore so it pretty much faded away.

It's quite sad when you think about it. I've had four years of German and French. Three years Spanish. And I don't speak any of those languages. What a waste.
Have you ever thought that you are attempting too much at once? Better to learn one language really well rather than trying to learn two or three at the same time.

I am fluent in French and English, but I am trying to learn Spanish. I was lucky on learning French because I've learnt it at an early age, but it's alot harder to pick up an new langauge when you get into your twenties. Especially if you aren't living in a country that doesn't use that langauge either.

Linius

Have you ever thought that you are attempting too much at once? Better to learn one language really well rather than trying to learn two or three at the same time.

I am fluent in French and English, but I am trying to learn Spanish. I was lucky on learning French because I've learnt it at an early age, but it's alot harder when you get into your twenties.

Hey, I didn't do it because I was liking it so much. Dutch schools are cray. The only language I actually chose was Spanish. The other ones were mandatory. Pretty sure Bacon also had French and German during his first four years in high school. Unless they changed it already, he's some years behind me.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
How often are you in Germany? I know a lot of English speakers, specifically around the Frankfurt/Mainz areas and in some regions in Munich. Also, my Mom's family is from Kassel and I am almost positive everyone I've met there speaks at least better English than most foreigners speak German.

We're required to learn it through basically all of school, at least where I'm from, the problem is that only some people get to use it enough to retain the information. I'm lucky enough that my Dad's first language is English so I had good marks in my class.

Not very often! But to be fair, it was mostly with people in their 30s and 40s :p

Wait, Altidore is gone? Nooooooooooooooooo. Imagine Sunderland with old man Defoe and Altidore, what a great partnership it could have been.

Meier

Goal: Juventus have made an official bid of £2m (loan fee) + an obligation to buy for £16.5m (paid in two installments) for Stevan Jovetic.

I'd consider it. Would only be a small loss on him and he doesn't really fit in with the way the team plays. Would need to make the move after the Chelsea game though IMO -- can't risk giving up that depth.

Cask ale tis also called real ale Meier

CAMRA helped with that. They do those annual Good Beer Guide things.

Yeah, saw that when I googled "Real Ale" to look for the logo! Initially I was like wow, they got distribution in the UK?! Good for them. That's why I was asked, although I assume he wasn't referring to the microbrew and rather just the general term.

http://www.*****************/2014/11/23/ps4-exclusive-bloodborne-gets-release-date-in-korea-greeted-by-cheering-crowd-at-g-star/

Link is banned but it is about Bloodborne

The game will be released in the country at the in the same day as in the North America, on March 24th, and due to the time zone it means that Korean gamers will be the first to officially play the game.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Walshy

Hey, I didn't do it because I was liking it so much. Dutch schools are cray. The only language I actually chose was Spanish. The other ones were mandatory. Pretty sure Bacon also had French and German during his first four years in high school. Unless they changed it already, he's some years behind me.
That's crazy.

In my secondary school you got the choice between: Greek, Latin, French and Spanish.

You could only pick one. I have no idea why anyone would learn Greek or Latin though :lol

KidJr

Ravel could get into Arsenal's team tomorrow. His ability is unbelievable, he is fantastic. Whoever gets Ravel now will get the best deal that's been done this century in football.

"Personally, if I was a Premier League manager, I would now be desperate to take him until the end of the season, because there is a deal to be done, any club.

"He is willing to do something, in his contract, which makes it a no brainer. I am not saying this because I am connected with Ravel, now is the most unbelievable time.

"Sam doesn't want him back. You never say never in football but this is the time to get Ravel Morrison, he's fit but not game fit. He's worked like you can't believe. If Ravel was going to give a problem, he would now.

"My view is he would be the best signing, not of the season, but for a long, long time. He is probably worth £14m. You're only going to have to pay five months of his wages, but you can walk away and pay nothing."

Sensational

Been quite often and had the same experience as Yurt quite often. It was hell just buying a sandwich lol. But then, at concerts and such, the younger people in the 20's seems to have at least decent English skills.

Hixx

Wait, Altidore is gone? Nooooooooooooooooo. Imagine Sunderland with old man Defoe and Altidore, what a great partnership it could have been.

I wish while Jozy was at SAFC we signed a forward who was called Tim or James or something

A chant along to Rosie and Jim would have been dynamite.

Linius

That's crazy.

In my secondary school you got the choice between: Greek, Latin, French and Spanish.

You could only pick one. I have no idea why anyone would learn Greek or Latin though :lol

If I had one level higher in high school I had to learn either Latin or Greek on top of the other languages too. And not the useful kind of Greek you can use when you go there, the kind they only use in health care and such industries. Pretty useless if you're not going to be studying medicine or shit like that.

I would have prefered just learning French and English. Then I might have been able to speak and write French now.

Rikkun

Mirror think Liverpool want Icardi.

Pls make it happen.

I don't think Inter is going to sell their only good striker.

I can't even speak the language of the country I am a citizen of :((( Fuck my Dad, Nonna, and Football Italia for being on at the same time as my Italian language class as a kid.

I hired a tutor last year and I am improving now. It's just there aren't that many Italians in Seoul to practice with :(((
We're escaping from Italy, but Seoul is kind of far. We're moving to Berlin and London (we italian scum)

German is much easier to read than hear, since you get a better idea of root words and can work based off what you know. When you're talking it has to be a lot faster and you can't really translate in your head the same way.

Then again, it is still a lot easier than hearing Dutch. I can read it just fine but it makes me laugh to listen to. I want to learn French and Spanish but not enough time for full studies. I was thinking I should probably learn Latin first and then just go crazy with like 5 different languages, but I'd still need to wait a while.

Yeah, I figure for most non-German speakers, the language sounds really fast and weird. The main issue is that since the language is surprisingly free, people will just combine tons of words and move things around as they see fit and it makes conversations difficult to follow.

Ah, well that makes me hope I'll have time to try deutsch again

literally no one spoke English in Germany except for a few hipster BVB fans I've met in the airport

French say "wi-fi" in such a terrible way. They say "wee-fee", took me a good minute the first time.
Once there was a welsh/scottish/whatever girl asking me for woshah.
Took me ten minutes. Literally. And the fucker didn't even bother trying to point at what the wanted. She wanted a glass of water.

Linius

At least we know what wifi is, cunt

#getbent

Suen

Loooooooool

That is exactly what Italians usually do in Amsterdam btw. Also when I go to the south of Belgium these fuckers refuse to talk Dutch even though most of them know how to speak it damn well. Fake Frenchies.
Who are you to tell them what to speak? Reported to two mods.

Facism

Not usually one to stare at the women at the gym, but there was this Italian woman today doing squats in front of me.

For some reason my games never come with Swedish, Suomi and Danish anymore. Only Italian, Spanish, German, French and English these days. And if you're lucky Dutch too. Well, not that I care since I have everything in English anyways.
Lucky? Dutch is the fucking worst for media.

Berahino banned from driving for 12 months after being caught drink driving. You do get the impression that football players aren't the sharpest knives in the draw.

Lender

Loooooooool

Walloons being able to speak dutch? Yeah, keep dreaming. A lot of them only know how to speak french.

inky

Liverpool are the player's boyhood club but the Odegaard camp will not be swayed by sentiment. "Liverpool have always been my dream club," the teen told Sport Bild. "But I will not let this affect my decision when I choose a new club. It's all about finding the team that is best for me and for my development. That is not necessarily Liverpool."

Sorry Hitch. The kid would rather develop at Real Madrid Castilla than with you.

Linius

Lucky? Dutch is the fucking worst for media.

Not for kids and the like. That's why I added that I don't care. But there are still a lot of people in our country who don't speak or understand English well enough. There was this guy from another study we share a class with for English. I thought he was joking when he started his presentation, but his English pronunciation was really that bad :lol

Message being, for people like my 7-year old cousin and my grandpa it's good if there's a menu in Dutch.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not usually one to stare at the women at the gym, but there was this Italian woman today doing squats in front of me.
she was squatting in front of you for a reason

ibZFQJ3dLjgUh.gif

nothing they do is random NOTHING

French say "wi-fi" in such a terrible way. They say "wee-fee", took me a good minute the first time.
Once there was a welsh/scottish/whatever girl asking me for woshah.
Took me ten minutes. Literally. And the fucker didn't even bother trying to point at what the wanted. She wanted a glass of water.
are we seriously going to buy back Osvaldo? :looooooooooool

Woshah :lol I dunno if that was Welsh or just her weird accent but the Welsh language is utterly cool.
At least we know what wifi is, cunt

#getbent

fair enough

Linius

Walloons being able to speak dutch? Yeah, keep dreaming. A lot of them only know how to speak french.

Had to specify that, not the country villages way down south. But my experience in Brussels has been that a lot of people there rather speak French than Dutch. Such a pain in the ass.

Zabojnik

Fascinating Citeh stuff.

Some of the stuff on Mancini seems a bit extreme, but yeah, I can see it. He's a well known pompous cunt. The stuff on Tevez seems spot on. Truly one of the people.

Sensational hair in that picture, DC.

Mirror think Liverpool want Icardi.

Pls make it happen.

fuck icardi... do we really want him??? do we really need him???

Why the hell would Liverpool want another Borini & a megacunt to boot. Why would anyone.

They signed Podolski and Shaqiri. And they're under investigation by UEFA. They will HAVE TO sell. Both Icardi and Handanovic are goners come summer, imo.

I'd consider it. Would only be a small loss on him and he doesn't really fit in with the way the team plays. Would need to make the move after the Chelsea game though IMO -- can't risk giving up that depth.

I'm so torn on Jovetic to Juve. I honestly don't think he'll ever be as good as the pre-injury Jojo. What a player that was. :|

I am fluent in French and English, but I am trying to learn Spanish. I was lucky on learning French because I've learnt it at an early age, but it's alot harder to pick up an new langauge when you get into your twenties. Especially if you aren't living in a country that doesn't use that langauge either.
At one point I was studying English, French, Dutch, German, Latin and Greek. Long schooldays I can tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom