• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For your personal tastes, do you feel Bethesda or Activision was the better pickup for MS?

Better pickup for MS

• Bethesda (Starfield, Doom, Elder Scrolls, Fallout ect.)

Votes: 145 73.2%
  • Activision (Cod, WoW, Diablo ect.)

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 21 10.6%

• Total voters

RespawnX

I would be very surprised if the taste in a gaming forum matches the average gamer. Should be pretty much the exact opposite.

Deerock71

DOOM vs. CoD or Elder Scrolls vs. Crash
Austin Powers Movie GIF

(Crash put up a better fight than CoD)

SpokkX

Bethesda - and it is not even close. The have some of my favorite games ever (Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, Quake, Prey etc)

I have no interest in CoD i really like Blizzard games though (Diablo 4, that new survival game looks interesting etc)

SEGA_2012

If you compare Bethesda vs Activision without Atari games, Bethesda is better.
If you compare Bethesda vs Activision with Atari games (Enduro, River Raid etc) then Activision is better.

Fbh

Bethesda by far.

id make some of the best single player shooters on the market, Arkane are usually solid and make unique games with great level design, Tango Gameworks gives them some much needed Japanese support, Machine games are ok and also make decent single player games and while I'm not a fan of Bethesda themselves, I'm still curious about Starfield.

I don't really care much for Activizion or Blizzard. The only games from them I played in the last decade were Diablo 3 which I didn't like and Sekiro which they had nothing to do with besides publishing it in the west.

Ellery

Probably Bethesda for my personal taste. Kinda hyped for Starfield, I thought Doom Eternal was great, Fallout 4 was fine for me, never tried Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls feels like an eternity away.

At their peak Blizzard alone was better than Bethesda though. When WoW first launched, Diablo 2 + Expansion pack being released, Warcraft 3, Starcraft Broodwar etc. Maybe Blizzard was the best game dev of the world at that time.
Those days are long gone though. Diablo 4 looks decent and I am kinda hyped for it. If Blizzard has a game that slaps then it god damn slaps, but anyone that had any talent or passion at Blizzard left in the last 3-4 years.

So it is a bit of a dilemma. Lets say Diablo 4 is a 10/10 hack n slay, arpg, whatever you want to call it and it comes out and feels like a perfect modern interpretation of a long lasting franchise then it could be that 1 game alone is enough to be better than the entire catalogue of Bethesda, but it has to be extremely good.

Current form -> Bethesda
Peak potential -> Blizzard

Fluo

For single player games, Bethesda is a better pick.
For multiplayer games, ActiBlizz is a better pick.

Mister Wolf

Bethesda. Excited for Redfall and Starfield this year. Indiana Jones in 2023 I'm betting. The only game I'm interested in from Activision is Diablo 4.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Activision by far

Last Bethesda series I cared about was Terminator Future Shock/Skynet which feels like a lifetime ago now

I hate Elder Scrolls

Bethesda and its not even close. I despise call of duty, which is funny as I used to play it so much when I was younger. I just hate cash grab yearly releases that barely improve. Cod has barely changed since like 2008.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Those deals make sense for Microsoft, great core of games. Do these deals help Microsoft win the generation? Maybe.

NahaNago

I'm kinda mixed on it. I like warcraft because of 3 and I like a bit of starcraft but I've always been more a fan of single player story games like what Bethesda makes but unfortunately their worlds always looked somewhat boring to me. I was hoping the new elder scrolls game would convince me to jump in.

Top Bottom