• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 Season 2020 |OT| Drive to Survive 2 - who drinks champagne from a shoe?

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Russell’s car has a problem it seems. Bugger.

xrnzaaas

Perez winning would be awesome and who knows, maybe it would increase his chance (just a tiny little bit) of getting that RBR seat. ;)

FunkMiller

Gold Member
George Russell will be in a top car very soon. He did a brilliant job tonight. Merc fucked him with their clown shoes pit act.

...and we can see just how poor Bottas really. Lewis has been very lucky.

Last edited:

J-Roderton

ENBWXXz.jpg

Grieves

Gutted for Russell. I hope he gets another chance next week.

Bottas just looked broken today.

Mercedes showing Ferrari levels of incompetent.

Breakage

Just caught the highlights. What a colossal fuck up by Mercedes. Would have been Russell's win if it weren't for that. I thought he was gonna pull it back when he was closing in on Perez.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Mercedes fell over themselves trying not to lose face when a back marker on 1.5 M can turn up on a few days notice and nearly win in a 40 M drivers car ...:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Russell proves its the car.

Never reached q3.
Never lead a lap.
Never scored a point.

Put a back marker in a Mercedes and he nearly wins 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: eot
Mercedes fell over themselves trying not to lose face when a back marker on 1.5 M can turn up on a few days notice and nearly win in a 40 M drivers car ...:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Never reached q3.
Never lead a lap.
Never scored a point.

If any lessons were learned this weekend, I hope it's that Merc realise they don't need to pay Hamilton silly money. I'd like to see what he'd do if Merc lowered their offer for next year.

xrnzaaas

I wouldn't downplay Russell so much. He's clearly a big talent, just stuck in the slowest/second slowest car. Just because he didn't score any points or didn't enter Q3 prior to his Mercedes drive doesn't mean anything. Personally I wouldn't count on the same pace if they put someone like Grosjean behind the wheel of the Merc.

And yeah, I wouldn't mind if Hamilton made a drama queen move and left F1. People would still have a British driver fighting for the championship, only this time a likeable one. ;)

StonedRider

Never reached q3.
Never lead a lap.
Never scored a point.

Obviously, in F1 difference between 20th and 1st place is a car. But difference between first and second-third is usually a driver. Russell proves he's the driver capable of fighting for the win.

Reactions: GHG

GHG

Never reached q3.
Never lead a lap.
Never scored a point.

And yet look at Bottas.

People can downplay Hamilton all they want, maybe in a decade his haters will start to recognise what he's achieved isn't easy for a whole multitude of reasons. Just having a great car isn't enough, the likes of Bottas and Albon prove that week in week out and Vettel did a couple a seasons ago when the Ferrari was clearly the superior car but he crumbled under pressure.

Also its ridiculous to downplay Russell's performance, he's a once in a generation driver.

If there's anyone Mercedes need to get rid of it's Bottas.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Geez, the new season hasn't started yet and the left side of F1 is already at Mazepin's throat demanding action for posting the Instagram video of him groping a girl. Not that I condone his behavior in any way, of course. Haas will have a foockin' difficult next season with him.

Top Bottom