• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula One 2023 |OT| Back to Black

Best Livery award goes to

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Well, Ferrari put up a fight, it was interesting there in the beginning, but Max is superhuman as always lol

Is he just going to win every race this season and create some ridiculous record?
It's only the car max has said it himself
And perez is just the worst driver on the grid and he can still achieve P2, from tech analysis the car is at least 1 second faster in race pace but they are not using all the power to not trigger an intervention by the FIA

dww5aU2.png

Heartbreaking to see Russell bin it on the Last Lap… personally I would have liked to see team orders there and let Lewis pass, he had better pace didn’t he?

Nice to see that Max’s record was stopped. Was really worried there for a moment that he’d win every race this season and then have a record that lasts until the end of time. It’s nice he broke Sebs record, but damn, it was starting to get old.

Sianz is apparently a new man since summer break, what happened to him, he’s on fire lately. Nice to see them fighting back, even if a bit late into the season.

Virex

Banned
Heartbreaking to see Russell bin it on the Last Lap… personally I would have liked to see team orders there and let Lewis pass, he had better pace didn’t he?

Nice to see that Max’s record was stopped. Was really worried there for a moment that he’d win every race this season and then have a record that lasts until the end of time. It’s nice he broke Sebs record, but damn, it was starting to get old.

Sianz is apparently a new man since summer break, what happened to him, he’s on fire lately. Nice to see them fighting back, even if a bit late into the season.
Sainz probably got a new girlfriend. And as James Hunt once said : "Sex is the breakfast of champions."

xrnzaaas

Sainz probably got a new girlfriend. And as James Hunt once said : "Sex is the breakfast of champions."
He actually did get a new girlfriend a few months ago. ;) Great race from him and he even teamed up with Lando to hold off the Mercs.

Sucks for Russell, but it was his own mistake. Happy Liam got points, surely he's a candidate now for a full time 2024 seat.

Really unlucky for Albon, Perez should've be given a bigger penalty than worthless 5 seconds.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Russell needs to toughen up a bit. Way too much laughing and joking going on with his competitors, and he's getting far too upset about mistakes and occurrences on track. F1 has become far too predictable, which has led to the younger drivers being totally unprepared for things to go wrong. He's not going to win a world championship without a little more steel in his spine.

Russell needs to toughen up a bit. Way too much laughing and joking going on with his competitors, and he's getting far too upset about mistakes and occurrences on track. F1 has become far too predictable, which has led to the younger drivers being totally unprepared for things to go wrong. He's not going to win a world championship without a little more steel in his spine.
Ya he does seem to get emotional at the drop of a hat doesn’t he?

Raven117

Ya know…. I’m starting to agree he may just not have enough grit to be the truly S-tier. (Joking around with other drivers is fine.)

The radio messages always seem to show him in a light where he really can’t handle things going wrong for him well.

Poor Checo, I think he is in the same hedspace where Riccairdo was, not as confident and making more and more mistakes. But the dude has cash to pump into RB with sponsors, they wont get rid of him that easily. Love or hate max, the kid has to do most of the legwork himself. Bottas was the perfect second driver for Hamilton, always defending and keeping other drivers away from Hamilton and usually ending up a 1-2 on the podium. Checo has arguably the best car and is running behind midfielders.

FunkMiller

Poor Checo, I think he is in the same hedspace where Riccairdo was, not as confident and making more and more mistakes. But the dude has cash to pump into RB with sponsors, they wont get rid of him that easily. Love or hate max, the kid has to do most of the legwork himself. Bottas was the perfect second driver for Hamilton, always defending and keeping other drivers away from Hamilton and usually ending up a 1-2 on the podium. Checo has arguably the best car and is running behind midfielders.

Not sure Checo's sponsorship power is that much greater than Danny's to stop the Australian nicking the seat.

Frankly, Checo's had his chance and fucked it. Time for a change.

pgCmfgQ.jpeg

I think that only Lando has got the mental fortitude to sit in that second Red Bull seat.

twilo99

Nightmare track for Ferrari.

The McLaren will go very well here. 2nd force for sure.

Red Bull should be able to walk this..

Phobos Base

Can Max win the title in the sprint race? Can't imagine that's what the FIA had planned for their feature races in the wonderful and progressive Qatar and the WWE F1 Las Vegas showcase.

Fox Mulder

F1 itself may still likely deny a new team. The existing teams don’t really want a new one just coming in and cutting the financial pie into 11 pieces. The sport rising in popularity has also made all the existing teams explode in value. Makes more sense for them to encourage dropping over a billion to buy an existing team instead.

cormack12

Gold Member

xrnzaaas

What a fucking shitshow. They're repainting the lines and changing the track limits already after qualifying, because FIA didn't go their fucking jobs when they homologated the circuit and Pirelli made short-lasting tyres. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a 2005-like boycott. A 10-minute session isn't a solution, especially when the teams have already started using the tyres which were allocated for the entire weekend.

I think the Sheikhs wanted a sprint race, and FIA gave it to them.
What a fucking shitshow. They're repainting the lines and changing the track limits already after qualifying, because FIA didn't go their fucking jobs when they homologated the circuit and Pirelli made short-lasting tyres. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a 2005-like boycott. A 10-minute session isn't a solution, especially when the teams have already started using the tyres which were allocated for the entire weekend.

Last edited:
Piastri did a good job, Lando where you at bro?

Mercedes just makes me sad every race pretty much for 2 years now…. New regulations can’t come soon enough. It’s their only shot at turning things around. I feel next year will be the same as this year more or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom