• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula One 2023 |OT| Back to Black

Best Livery award goes to

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trackside cameras weren't working. Couldn't get them back on. Fp2 to be extended by 30 mins
Lame, hopefully they will still post the videos, if they have them. Was looking forward to the FP highlight videos.

Edit never mind, I see that they weren’t even allowed to drive at all.

Last edited:
FP2 and Mercedes got me hoping that a miracle will happen in qualifying and the race.
🤞🤞🤞

Edit:
Ugh, FP3 strikes again… someday lol

Last edited:
There are so many prostitutes in my city right now it's crazy.
Lolmao

Am I in the wrong thread?

And can I stay?

flo.png

I wonder how the rest of the grid feels knowing that Verstappen is only driving at 75 percent. Dude's probably dreaming about simracing while driving a Formula 1 car.

Fujiwara Tofu shit.

I always pegged Legreg as his equal and better than Max at qualifying runs but now I'm not so sure anymore.

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm not even sure this gap is close able to be honest. That car is so far ahead, and it has a world class driver as well.

I just don't see a way the gap becomes competitive if I'm being honest. Maybe a new reg for wings or something might spice it up.

xrnzaaas

What the hell is happening with Perez. Failing to reach Q3 several times is not a coincidence anymore, especially with such a dominant car.

I don't expect any driver changes during the season, but promoting Tsunoda is starting to make more sense for next year, even if he's still a bit of a wildcard.

Last edited:
What the hell is happening with Perez. Failing to reach Q3 several times is not a coincidence anymore, especially with such a dominant car.

I don't expect any driver changes during the season, but promoting Tsunoda is starting to make more sense for next year, even if he's still a bit of a wildcard.
Ya the problem with the Perez situation is who else really is there? There’s no standout up and coming driver, and I don’t think anyone will learn their team right now. I would love to see Lando go to Redbull though, that would be amazing, and finally give him a car that matches his talents. Even Leclerc moving would to Redbull would be so cool.

Edit.
Watched qualifying, so apparently Hulkenberg has more Q3 appearances then Perez…. In a Hass…. Jfc

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Very sad to see another death in single seaters. Seems to me like it's partially the race director's fault to allow for racing in such dreadful conditions just so that the race wouldn't end after the red flag or under SC conditions. An accident like this could happen on any other wet track with a long straight.

Ya the problem with the Perez situation is who else really is there? There’s no standout up and coming driver, and I don’t think anyone will learn their team right now. I would love to see Lando go to Redbull though, that would be amazing, and finally give him a car that matches his talents. Even Leclerc moving would to Redbull would be so cool.

Edit.
Watched qualifying, so apparently Hulkenberg has more Q3 appearances then Perez…. In a Hass…. Jfc
The team's priority is to keep Max happy so that he keeps winning and doesn't think about retirement. Both Charles and Lando are very talented young drivers and there's a risk they'd be fighting Max constantly. I think they'll be looking for another safe 2nd driver.

Last edited:
Very sad to see another death in single seaters. Seems to me like it's partially the race director's fault to allow for racing in such dreadful conditions just so that the race wouldn't end after the red flag or under SC conditions. An accident like this could happen on any other wet track with a long straight.

The team's priority is to keep Max happy so that he keeps winning and doesn't think about retirement. Both Charles and Lando are very talented young drivers and there's a risk they'd be fighting Max constantly. I think they'll be looking for another safe 2nd driver.
Ya they don’t want competition for Max, but damn it would be fun to seen some battles.
Sainz giving max some trouble today feels like the first real challenger Max has had all season lol

I just caught the highlights, but man Lewis was really complaining wasn’t he? Very worried about everyone else’s penalties.

Also post race interview with Max was funny when asked about the weekend, won the sprint, won the race, fastest lap, like…. Lol

Last edited:
Exceptional result for McLaren. Let’s see more of this please.

Ferrari in 9th and 10th not getting enough attention, what a shocker of a race they have had.

xrnzaaas

Boring race, but it's still nice to see McLaren so high and have another opportunity to laugh at Ferrari's strategy. A shame about Piastri because without the SC he had a chance for a podium finish.

cormack12

Gold Member
Got back not long ago. Its unreal seeing Max live gain an extra 6 inches each lap until he's pulled away the length of the straight.

The silverstone crowd booing the paddock experience guys was hilarious, and the race between the stewards for Lando's hat was the closest 1-2 we've had all season.

Was really hoping to see Piastri get a podium but alas, Max, Lando and Lewis was decent enough. Ferrari, Aston and Merc really need to do something. How come Ferrari have fallen off an edge despite having something competitive but unreliable?

Apparently, Max bugged into Sven in the final chicane but Sven believed it was intentional running off track and Sven retaliated by taking out all 3 redline cars. Max then went on a mission to "Kvyat" Sven.

xrnzaaas

N8Rc1Wv.jpg

Look how they massacred my boy... I am happy to see Daniel return, specifically how he'll do compared to Yuki. It's gonna be important for both of their future careers (well for Daniel it's his last shot at staying in F1).

Makes you realize how good Bottas was as a teammate. I mean he had equal machinery but most of the times they both ended on the podium. RB seems to always struggle with the second teammate. The 2021 championship last race, that was pure baller move from Checo helping his teammate. But most of the time its as if only Max is carrying the RB. Good that he can do it himself but how much better they would of been if they had a 1-2 like Mercedes does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom