• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken demo coming tonight on PSN

Bragr

Banned
Very curious about the reception of this demo. Let us know how it plays.

Man, they have released a lot of stuff from this game.

Doom85

Animated GIF

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Looks better but that voice acting....
See how the demo fairs

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Game looks good, music sounds epic, the spells are properly punchy and combat is just as fast as the trailers showed, but holy shit. . . we have another Chatty Main Character. She's more loquacious than Aloy.

. . .also, I fucking hate how SE does their demos, with these massive expository dumps that basically suck the joy out of the first bits of the game with their recaps for the demos. Like just start us in the tutorial area. We know this is a slice of the fucking game and we don't need context.

gothmog

Gold Member
I like the combat. Performance and quality modes need some tweaking. Performance looks bad but is pretty fluid while quality just feels sluggish and floaty. I really like the UI elements as far as switching up spells and progression. If the story is halfway serviceable and the combat doesn't get stale over time I think they might have a winner.

LordCBH

I like the combat. Performance and quality modes need some tweaking. Performance looks bad but is pretty fluid while quality just feels sluggish and floaty. I really like the UI elements as far as switching up spells and progression. If the story is halfway serviceable and the combat doesn't get stale over time I think they might have a winner.

Of the 3 mods I kinda just left it on ray traces mode. It and quality mode felt the exact same, and the ray traced mode looked pretty good to me. But both quality and RT mode felt a little laggy. Performance felt pretty smooth, but definitely took a graphics hit.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Curious on impressions before I mess with it. I'm very skeptical of this game. Curious how it looks, runs, and plays in peoples hands. I know the story will be caca and the dialogue, but I'm more curious on the game side of things not narrative.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Traversal feels really good, especially with dual sense and the combat is good but it feels like something that will take time to really get a hang of. It’s not on rails like you would think it is, its something i would need to start out and grow with the bigger combinations.

Yeah the character is chatty and annoying.
Pretty much my feelings as well. With HDR the blacks are crushed and the brightness is crazy bright. It’s definitely pushing some nits that a lot of games don’t.

As for the demo itself, it felt like a lot at once that you need to start from square one with to properly learn the game.

Sure has pretty effects and environments though. The gameplay was smooth, as was the traversal.

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
They must have been super confident in this game, but for me, I have never canceled a pre order that fast, and I am not even joking either. I had it locked in at amazon and nixed it. She talks even more than Aloy does and it already annoyed me there, so no way am I messing with this. Also, the lighting is trash and even after adjusting it and the in game font, I still felt like I was staring at the sun.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Finished the demo, still have no idea what I was doing, looks cool though. Kept me running around so I had some fun. Fighting mechanics require getting use to be competent with bosses.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This game honestly has the worst marketing I have ever seen. It's like it doesn't know what it wants to be ,a hip hop influenced woke game or a epic adventure with magic.pick one
I havent seen all the trailers.

But from what I remember all I've seen is the lead character getting magic powers, running fast across big fields and killing monsters with fire or magic beams. Looks like your typical giant world action game where you lay waste to anything that moves. And somewhere in that gameplay there's actually a master plot gamers are supposed to care about.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I tried the demo.

The gameplay itself has some promise, though a little janky still. Needs some fine tuning. The music and sound are alright, very whimsical fantasy. The visuals on performance mode are nothing special. Makes pretty good use of the DualSense haptics.

Not sure if this will be a day one for me, but the gameplay was much better than I was expecting after having only seen that first gameplay teaser they released months ago.

hussar16

So the game could have Ben cool if it went the route of cool wizard fighting evil bit issue is the whole cool modern girl lost in magic world ain't working for me.its a big pass. I am not feeling or digging anything about this cringe fest.This game does not know what it wants to be and I hate the ui aswell

Top Bottom