• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken demo coming tonight on PSN

bender

What time is it?
hated-it-in-living-color.gif

Toots

Gold Member
I wanted to put a fire emoji on OP's post, but i know what you guys think of the game so i just put a like.

I cannot wait to go home and play it even though everyone thinks its shit. I mean i "enjoyed" the shitty resident evil cw drama and it cannot be badder than that tonally.

GymWolf

I wanted to put a fire emoji on OP's post, but i know what you guys think of the game so i just put a like.

I cannot wait to go home and play it even though everyone thinks its shit. I mean i "enjoyed" the shitty resident evil cw drama and it cannot be badder than that tonally.
Why do you give a single fuck about what gaf think about the game?

This forum had halo unfinished as a 2021 goty ffs.

Ogbert

Game is honestly a bit shit. Combat system is clunky, world is dead, main character is annoying and the HDR is frankly terrible.
Yep.

One of the occasions where ‘Dead on Arrival’ is fitting.

Surprised they released a demo. It’s terrible.

I feel like this game needs a solid 8-10 months extra polish, and I know its been delayed a time or two already but this just doesn't feel or look all that ready. Sometimes the movement feels refreshing and pretty cool, but for the most part it feels really janky. Plus I agree with all the people saying the colors/display settings seem to be a little broken, I was playing on my big oled and what a weird game before I had to really go in and adjust some things(Some of which seem to do the opposite of what they say..what a freaky gamma slider lol). The framerate drops a lot during big spells/enemies being hit by them especially that earthquake looking one and the wall of fire...I tried the performance mode and im using VRR..had no interest in trying the 30fps modes since the performance one runs pretty rough at times.

I planned on getting this on PC but it was fun to try it on my PS5...iunno I wish it would be delayed and polished or I might wait for a few good patches. Game has promise, they just need to execute this a little bit better.

Playing this game made me want to go boot up Infamous for some odd reason lol

Last edited:

GC_DALBEN

I regret playing the demo, i stopped playing bloodborne (for the 934934 time) to play this, i did not liked this game :(, ill wait for reviews of some friends when the game releases, maybe i expected too much.

Last edited:

BbMajor7th

Gold Member
I was going to go with the 'That's a bold strategy, let's see if it pays off' gif, but the comments already seem pretty conclusive.

It took a couple of minutes for me to understand how the casting works for each side (L2-R2 single press, holding etc..), but once you get the hang of it it becomes pretty natural and fluid.
I didn't have the time to finish the entire demo yet but my first impressions were good. It plays like a fun action game.

Jedusable

Neo Member
The west really think a character that keep talking shit is a good one?
If you watch closely what movies made the best score in the box-office, yes, they do think that's what people like and I can't blame them.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Where the hell do i need to search for the demo in this fucking shitty sony store?

Writing forspoken or forspoken demo is useless.

Edit: found it.

Last edited:

Gudji

I'm not sure about the world, story and characters but the combat and traversal are pretty fun.

Fast travelling in this is fucking fast holy shit.

Where the hell do i need to search for the demo in this fucking shitty sony store?

Just go to the game page and then click the ... button. Should have the "forspoken demo" option there.

Last edited:
Only played about 30 minutes but I'm digging it. I imagine it's a lot less overwhelming when the spells are introduced one-by-one. Not going to put much more time into the demo, though. Might as well just wait for the full game.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
It feels strange…. Is sub 30 fps? Commands are pretty laggy

. . .change to Performance Mode?

I really can't get a grip of the controls, just seems really fiddly and awkward

It's more that they just immediately put you into the game with a TON of combat options, which makes sense for a demo, but might not be the best for an introduction. There is clearly a lot going on in this, combat wise; it honestly reminds me of a more free combat system from FFXV, which was actually pretty fun (and just as complex in its demo).

I'm not sure about the world, story and characters but the combat and traversal are pretty fun.

Fast travelling in this is fucking fast holy shit.

This was something I didn't understand. I THINK Frey can run, but she can also "Magic Parkour" and there's no cost to do this and it looks badass so. . .why would you ever just run anywhere? There's also a video of the developer being surprised by how fast the game loads.

drotahorror

This was something I didn't understand. I THINK Frey can run, but she can also "Magic Parkour" and there's no cost to do this and it looks badass so. . .why would you ever just run anywhere? There's also a video of the developer being surprised by how fast the game loads.

Maybe you can't use magic parkour in towns?

Bragr

Banned
I wonder if they dropped the demo to gauge whether or not they are gonna delay it, people seem to have a lot of issues with it.

Ok, I’m seemingly one of the few individuals in here that liked the demo. Admittedly the controls took awhile to get used to, but once I did, I had fun with the combat and I also liked the traversing. The graphics are nice, HDR looked good on my TV and the world could be interesting. Sort of reminds me of a somewhat more polished FF15 with better, deeper combat imo. I’m looking forward to it. I didn’t even mind the chatty characters either.

Last edited:

J3nga

Seems like SE shot themselves in the foot by releasing this demo after it they can just cancel release 😆

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
Ok, I’m seemingly one of the few individuals in here that liked the demo. Admittedly the controls took awhile to get used to, but once I did, I had fun with the combat and I also liked the traversing. The graphics are nice, HDR looked good on my TV and the world could be interesting. Sort of reminds me of a somewhat more polished FF15 with better, deeper combat imo. I’m looking forward to it. I didn’t even mind the chatty characters either.
I am looking forward to checking it out this afternoon. I read on another forum that to enjoy it more, enable auto-pickup. auto-spell change and tap to sprint.

XXL

The recent trailers looked good, but I'm not surprised at all by the reactions here. I'll try it out, but I'm not expecting much.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Game is honestly a bit shit. Combat system is clunky, world is dead, main character is annoying and the HDR is frankly terrible.
The HDR looks amazing on an OLED tv almost feel like it was tuned in that direction. But every other point you made is accurate. Unfortunately the game isn't very good.

Kvally

Banned
The HDR looks amazing on an OLED tv almost feel like it was tuned in that direction. But every other point you made is accurate. Unfortunately the game isn't very good.
I don't have an OLED. I have a Sony X900e. You think I should disable HDR?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It could help. Kind of like when Red dead redemption was first released and the PS4 pros HDR was messed up.
It's still messed up. Dims the picture, raises the blacks and washes out the colors. Playing in SDR is unironically better for RDR2.

This is not like RDR2. It pushes crazy nits compared to most games, if your HDR is calibrated even on an LED, it should still look good (it does) but something we are not used to with most games. It definitely "pops." Blacks are still a bit crushed, and probably calibrated to OLED with the game as you said.

Last edited:
Top Bottom