• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken demo coming tonight on PSN

GymWolf

I think the art direction is letting the side down here. From a technical perspective, this is a step above something like Elden Ring, but the art direction makes it look significantly less impressive. That said, it still looks distinctly Gen 8 when you stack it beside something like Horizon Forbidden West.
Everything looks better than elden ring from a technical standpoint :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

But like you say, the art design is as bland as it comes.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
forspokendemo_2022121zhizl.png
soyjak.jpg

Madflavor

Man you guys are full shit. After watching those trailers I just can't fathom the idea this game could be anything less than exceptional.

iOm6Anh.png

• LOL
Reactions: Fbh

consoul

Performance mode ON
Cuff Chat MINIMAL

Honestly with these settings, it's not so bad. I mean, it's not so good either, but it's OK. I feel like this game has an audience, but I'm not it.

nikos

Finally got around to trying this.

The game's horrific input lag was immediately noticeable on the main menu. Luckily, we have the dreadful compromise of a performance mode which doesn't look good but seemingly makes the game somewhat playable, until you actually start playing. The controls are awkward, made infinitely worse by adaptive triggers; something I realized I don't like while playing this. Luckily, you can disable them but the game still feels awkward and it's made worse by a horribly narrow FOV and tight camera.

Frey's personality also seemed really annoying from the beginning.

My complaints may have more to do with console limitations rather than the game itself. There could still be a good game here, but the overall experience was horrible. If the game has a proper PC port, I'd consider getting it at some point because I'm a Square Enix fan.

Top Bottom