• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

BusierDonkey BusierDonkey any way you can add the Gaf club to the op so people can find it easier?

The more the better so we can get the club higher up the leader boards and have a wide variety of drivatars to play with.

I have to apologize. I read this post about six hours ago and started up the game to join, then update the OP but then seconds became hours as I was trapped in the game again :messenger_grinning_sweat:

OP has the Forza Gaf club listed near the top so people new to the thread should see it at a glance.

Kagey K

Banned
Gaf club is ranked 1363 right now with 9 members.

The more we get the more drivatars we all have to race, and accolades aren't going to waste.

Consider joining if you are playing and aren't in a club yet.

Kagey K

Banned
I have to apologize. I read this post about six hours ago and started up the game to join, then update the OP but then seconds became hours as I was trapped in the game again :messenger_grinning_sweat:

OP has the Forza Gaf club listed near the top so people new to the thread should see it at a glance.
Thanks. Anything to help build the community is a positive.

It's one thing for us to all be here but it's fun working together towards a goal, even if many of us never play together.

Last edited:

hlm666

The performance difference between amd and nvidia for this seems to be the inverse of what I would have expected, the 3080 is giving the 6800 and 6900 a bit of a flogging and the 2080ti is matching the 6800xt. Anyone come across any benchmarks other than this site yet to verify these?

Anyone else on PC coming across a some graphical bugs? I get textures that don't clear up on close-ups in barn finds, blown out HDR in driver camera... Also a weird UI issue where if you scroll down a list in settings, the page scrolls down a chunk, but your selection shoots up way past where you were last on making you scroll past a few settings again.

Anyone else on PC coming across a some graphical bugs? I get textures that don't clear up on close-ups in barn finds, blown out HDR in driver camera... Also a weird UI issue where if you scroll down a list in settings, the page scrolls down a chunk, but your selection shoots up way past where you were last on making you scroll past a few settings again.

There is an enormous list of known issues already forming. It's to be expected when you throw 700,000 people at a massive open-world like this on day one. I've already reported a crash I can duplicate in the upgrade shop.

Horizon 2, 3 and 4 all had their fair share of issues in the early days as well.

FH5 Known Issues – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
This game is digital drugs. Heart pounding, pulse racing, eyes dialating...pure adrenaline. I've never played a racing game so good. I'm on the Baja Chapter right now and they had me on a volcano doing science. Next thing you know you're speeding down the side of a mountain finishing off a dune buggy race. Then buy a house by the sea and unlock some pimp cars. I left the FPS monitor at my new house and took this using GeForce Experience screenshot to show this isn't a super-sampled photo-mode shot...
Baja-1440p.jpg

Only thing I think would make it better is some chickens running around and a 10ft-tall cannabis plant right off the front porch.

Last edited:
There is an enormous list of known issues already forming. It's to be expected when you throw 700,000 people at a massive open-world like this on day one. I've already reported a crash I can duplicate in the upgrade shop.

Horizon 2, 3 and 4 all had their fair share of issues in the early days as well.

FH5 Known Issues – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)
Yeah, not too bad. My only experience with Forza is 'Horizon 4' years into its life after everything's been ironed out!

The more we get the more drivatars we all have to race, and accolades aren't going to waste.

Hey what's the club name?

Nvm saw the OP update. 👍

Last edited:
Do yourself a favour and take your car through a muddy section then go into photo mode, the level of detail is too good, the us actually looks like mud, depth and all.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Game is fantastic but whoever decided that I will be interrupted every time I "unlock a new adventure" is a fucking moron.

This is so annoying, you blazing at a 400km/h to hit that danger sign and the control over the car is taken away from you for 1-2 seconds followed by that stupid map.

Orta

Banned
Horizon 1, 2 and 3 had cringe lines here and there but it was never intolerable in my eyes. 4 was a lot more cringe and even then I somehow just brushed it aside but 5 is something else and like others have said, your character talking doesn't exactly help either. Might honestly mute all the dialogue.

That's going to be a clincher for me, petty as it may sound.

But you CAN turn it off completely? And is it necessary to the game in any way?

Is there any other cringey dialogue in it, radio stations, announcers, etc? Can they too be turned off?

Certinty

Honestly, besides a few areas of the map I don’t think this game looks “next-gen”. It’s a good improvement over Horizon 4 but I don’t see how everyone is raving so hard over this visually. No doubt the next Motorsport game ditching the Xbox One consoles will mean a huge jump.

LostDonkey

I'm on XSX and noticing a lot of pop in and muddy textures on road surfaces that I didn't see in any review footage or other footage I've seen. Also why no dynamic shadows at night? I thought this thing was a beast of a machine. Even my 1070 pc can do that. Is it a bug?

Having a lot of fun with the game and it does look ridiculous when it all comes together just those little things bugging me.

Playing quality mode btw. In the DF video where they say pop in and lod swaps is extremely hard to notice I'm not seeing the same.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I need to git gud with the photo mode. The constant disconnects are pissing me off I'll be honest.

Really like the condensed menus as well after FH4

Methos#1975

Anyone really playing this in quality mode? I know DF prefers it but I not feeling it, I think the smoothness of 6fps makes the graphical impact bigger

Considering the amount of server problems they seem to be having right now during early access I shudder to think of how bad it’s going to get when it hits the full release. 😬

OverHeat

« generous god »

Send an invite

Riky

$MSFT

I'll join.

Gamertag Riky.

cormack12

Gold Member
Gifting cars is so random and wholesome as well. I'd really like to see more of that kind of sharing across many games. Like in Fifa, gift a 85+ card to a new player. Or other games with shite in a loot box. Maybe just one item a month or something.

Really generates some nice feels.

Top Bottom