• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

eNT1TY

This may be a stupid question is but is there any reason to keep Horizon 4 and associated files installed after installing 5, does the 4 save do anything for 5?

Rob_27

Mine won't start anyone else have that? Takes ages and then brief title screen and crashed out

Not sure if this is system or game.

I get " update needed

You need thus update but we cant get it at the moment " great

Last edited:
So I did a few beginning races already and easily beating every race 1 shot 1st place. The game ended up telling me I was winning to easily and suggested to switch from "Average" difficutly to "Above Average" and if I did that it would increase my credits by 20% if I win the events. So I did that as well, and now I am earning more money. What a great way to counter higher difficulty settings in a racing game instead of just making it more challenging for the sake of the challenge. What difficulty are you on?

Finally I get to play this game... it was my brother's brother's birthday yesterday so I was stuck doing that.

The Beetle wasn't available right away as it's a barn find so my Beetle Taxi/beat-up Herbie plan is temporarily on hold. In the meantime I went back to Horizon 1 and set up a Corrado exactly like I had it in that game to use for the first part of the game.

Driving dynamics are much improved over Horizon 4. Cars feel weighted properly. A month ago I got a winter beater, a 2004 Hyundai Accent which weighs nothing and feels like it. My other car is a big Genesis sedan that weighs about twice as much. After driving the little shitbox for a month I took the other car out for a monthly run and I felt like I was in a tank. This game has a similar feel jumping from a heavy planted car with wide tires to a turd on pizza cutters. I'm really getting a kick out of traction on gravel without an LSD too. The Corrado is pulling left hard when accelerating and you can visibly see the car firing rocks out from the driver side front tire. Really liking it so far.

Dirt, dust and smoke effects are really kicked up a notch and texture work on everything is bananas. Loving the little details all over too like the rocks marking the parking spots in front of this small outdoor shop. When I was very young my grandma lived in Yuma, Arizona during the winter and would rip across the border to Mexico regularly in her old orange diesel Mercedes (wah-wah-wah-wah). These little outdoor shops and markets were all over the place. Despite living in Canada, growing up my home was full of Mexican blankets, paintings, hand-made toys and and knick-knacks grandma would bring up with her every spring.
Ezbx4Nn.jpg

StfFPiv.jpg

Game runs much better than I expected on my 2080ti/10600K combo. 1440p/60fps locked at maxed out everything puts the GPU at 50-60% and the CPU doesn't even seem to be trying at 60fps. I'll wait for an in-depth guide to pop up and will adjust for 120 locked. I'll turn MSAAx8 down to x2, motion Blur is already turned off because I hate it and as was the case in Horizon 4 many of the other settings don't appear to have a major impact on appearance from extreme to Ultra but do have a pretty big effect on framerate. No hitching or frame pacing issues.

Unfortunately the game has crashed a few times on me. Not a huge deal as it only takes a minute to get back in to the game and it saves every time you do anything but I hope they iron things out quickly. Horizon 4 crashed occasionally too during the first week and Horizon 3 was one of the first PC games to come out during Microsoft's renewed push so it had several issues as well.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Nope. I’ve gotten way more than the 3 achievements they want me to, and it says I’ve done 0/3

I think we'll need to wait until Tuesday when it is officially released via Game Pass. I also wouldn't expect it to retroactively count your earned achievements.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Kagey K

Banned
I think we'll need to wait until Tuesday when it is officially released via Game Pass. I also wouldn't expect it to retroactively count your earned achievements.
I know, and with my luck I’ll have all the easy ones banged out by then. 😅

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
If anyone else is having this issue with the game getting entirely pixelated, try set "World Car Level of Detail" to low. Somehow it's fixed that annoying bug for me.
Let's hope this is updated soon.

Dibils2k

The jungle area is truly unbelievable, i have never seen anything so incredible

not sure if performance mode is as sharp and dense but i think i will be on quality mode purely on FOMO as i want the max density possible as that to me is what takes this game to next level

bender

What time is it?
With how much this game says "family", one of the expansions better revisit the Fast & Furious theme.

cormack12

Gold Member
What's the deal with the seasonal objectives? Some of the cars arent available to buy like the s2 track toy or the a800 super saloon?

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Game looks even better than I expected, but the biggest surprise to me is the cars/controls, I find it a fair bit better than forza 4. Well done considering how good forza 4 was, they could have just left it alone.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I know, and with my luck I’ll have all the easy ones banged out by then. 😅
I’ve stopped playing for now. Next weeks weekly quest will have unlock 3 achievements and I’m on something like a 35 week streak so will save myself till then. My mates got up to about 200 GS and hardly done anything.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
My brother is selling his RV and he asked me to drive and pick him up where he’s selling it so I said on one condition...you let me drive your ‘08 maserati quattroporte. Man, pop this thing into sport mode and you’re just getting started at 100mph.
jW68o32.jpg

This game had my brain telling Me to crash through the guard rail and catch big air off a hill😅

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
What a child, just because you have a different opinion doesnt mean im trolling.

The 'pass' is 50€, as much as a new premium AAA game.

So yeah I do feel its a ripoff, and the 'Play early by preordering this mega expensive edition' is just the fucking turd on top

Theyre right. You’re actually trolling. others have told you that the premium covers a lot more than just early access…early access is just an added perk. But you’re clearly not interested in listening.

People who paid for it are having fun, while you’re stuck waiting for the game + expansions to drop to $30.

Top Bottom