• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

There’s a Banjo-Kazooie horn?

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Spiral mountain theme one and two ✅

SaiyanRaoh

I love the series but I'll admit I'm not very good at them. It's the physics I can't get past. I DO play arcade racers like a pro because it ditches all the physics that hinder me. Is there an arcade feel tutorial or prominent Forza tuner in game I need to look for when I hit the auto tune button ?

K' Dash

does anyone know where can I find the active volcano you see when starting the game? I remember I saw lava? but I can't find it anymore, was it on Caldera?

if anyone can point it out on the map I'd really appreciate it.

Stuart360

I love the series but I'll admit I'm not very good at them. It's the physics I can't get past. I DO play arcade racers like a pro because it ditches all the physics that hinder me. Is there an arcade feel tutorial or prominent Forza tuner in game I need to look for when I hit the auto tune button ?
Yeah i mean people always call the Horizon games arcade games, but i think Simcade' would be more apt. The control is basicaly the same as the Motorsport games, just a little easier, hardly like old arcade games like Ridge Racer etc.

I love the series but I'll admit I'm not very good at them. It's the physics I can't get past. I DO play arcade racers like a pro because it ditches all the physics that hinder me. Is there an arcade feel tutorial or prominent Forza tuner in game I need to look for when I hit the auto tune button?

You don’t need to play other players to get through it. Tuning in this game is an absolute art, there’s going to be a bunch of tunes for every car, and opinions will differ on which is better, but largely when you’re looking at the best: it’s built for manual, no traction control or ABS.

Stick with what you like, and you’ll be good, there really is no competition in this.

Last edited:
Is anyone else here playing with wheel, pedals, and shifter?
I would love to play with a wheel but Forza Horizon is one of those games I leave in chase camera which (and with driving line on as I don't like needing to check the minimap during offroad races) and using a wheel with chase cam always feels weird to me. Now when GT7 comes out I'll definitely play with a wheel since it's track based.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Well, this is annoying. Finally getting around to playing on PC and I get an error trying to launch the game. Microsoft antics strike again.

Fredrik

Amazing visuals and the start races was the best ever in the serie imo, so cool!

I don’t understand the progression though. I get that there is a catch’em all mechanic but within half an hour I had a free S1 Lambo doing nearly 400km/h, 2 hours later I had 14 cars. I wish I could start with a rusty wreck instead and grind a bit to build from there, there no sense of achievement to get a fast car right now.

I love the driving though, it’s perfection. Tonight I’m trying the wheel, I’ve only played with a controller so far. The sound is amazing too!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sweet game.

- Played on Performance mode
- Turned off radio dj and voiceovers (tried to get as much blabbing cut out as I could as I just want to drive)
- Took the Supra
- Tight gameplay and great zippy visuals
- Visuals have an issue (didn't test it on Quality mode) where the trees and bushes have pop in issues with light green colours popping in
- As usual, you'll have to get through about 15 minutes of canned tutorials and unskippable cut scenes

Last edited:

FritzJ92

The
Amazing visuals and the start races was the best ever in the serie imo, so cool!

I don’t understand the progression though. I get that there is a catch’em all mechanic but within half an hour I had a free S1 Lambo doing nearly 400km/h, 2 hours later I had 14 cars. I wish I could start with a rusty wreck instead and grind a bit to build from there, there no sense of achievement to get a fast car right now.

I love the driving though, it’s perfection. Tonight I’m trying the wheel, I’ve only played with a controller so far. The sound is amazing too!
reason you can have any car is because you can do any race at any point in time

Fredrik

The

reason you can have any car is because you can do any race at any point in time
Not from the start, they unlock as you progress, they could let you drive with slow cars at first and then as new races pop up they go up in speed as you progress through the game so you need to grind to get a better car or upgrade to win.

FritzJ92

Not from the start, they unlock as you progress, they could let you drive with slow cars at first and then as new races pop up they go up in speed as you progress through the game so you need to grind to get a better car or upgrade to win.
But if you decide to unlock street races for example you’d miss out with a slow car. Alternatively you can progress that was if you want because they match the CPU to your car level.

Yeah FH6 could introduce "new" 'rags to riches' SP mode like in those old school Forza Motorsport , GT or NfS games.

Oh Playground Games :messenger_heart: you didn't have to!

ohyoudidnthaveto.png

Sweet game.

- Played on Performance mode
- Turned off radio dj and voiceovers (tried to get as much blabbing cut out as I could as I just want to drive)
- Took the Supra
- Tight gameplay and great zippy visuals
- Visuals have an issue (didn't test it on Quality mode) where the trees and bushes have pop in issues with light green colours popping in
- As usual, you'll have to get through about 15 minutes of canned tutorials and unskippable cut scenes
Yeah 'Environment geometry quality' set to Extreme is a must or else trees unfold a few feet in front. Too distracting.

You can also select any car class and game loads drivatars according to your class. It's pretty awesome that way you can do same race like 10 times and it feels new each time.

Last edited:

Fredrik

You can also select any car class and game loads drivatars according to your class. It's pretty awesome that way you can do same race like 10 times and it feels new each time.
Yeah but they always scale so you can win if you don’t mess up terribly. When am I supposed to need to upgrade? I’ve won everything I’ve tried so far. Still on default difficulty though, guess I should tweak that. Not sure I can tweak how easy I get cars and wheelspins though.

Yeah but they always scale so you can win if you don’t mess up terribly. When am I supposed to need to upgrade? I’ve won everything I’ve tried so far. Still on default difficulty though, guess I should tweak that. Not sure I can tweak how easy I get cars and wheelspins though.
Right. Try 'Unbeatable' difficulty in cross county races and, if that is somehow not enaugh, then theres always online! :messenger_winking: Good luck

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

4.5 million is bigger than TLOU2 by the way. TLOU2 sold 4 million in the first three days worldwide. I get that gamepass is skewing these numbers a bit, but its still remarkable for a game to have that many players in day one. I remember COD Modern Warfare 2 selling 4.5 million copies on day one on the 360 back in the day. Yes, it sold another 2.7 million on the PS3, but for horizon to match the day one tally of one SKU of one of the biggest games in history is a monumental achievement.

Last edited:

Artistic

Game looks stunning in 4K/60. Pop-in isn't really noticeable, but yet I've only played the intro.

Hate that switching between Quality/Performance isn't on the fly. Is this common with most next-gen titles that have similar features?

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Pretty early on if you keep placing 1st the game should recommend increasing the difficulty. I believe it starts you on Average. There’s 4-5 difficulty tiers above that. I’m not that good, so I’m still on Above Average.

Ammogeddon

does anyone know where can I find the active volcano you see when starting the game? I remember I saw lava? but I can't find it anymore, was it on Caldera?

if anyone can point it out on the map I'd really appreciate it.
It’s currently a lake at the top of the caldera, it’ll be lava when the season changes.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Well ladies and gents, I made it into the Hall of Fame tonight. Yours truly is in the top 3% of the world - forget that most of the players just started playing today, you're looking at racecar royalty right here.

GXSCYBl.jpg

nikos

Is anyone else here playing with wheel, pedals, and shifter?

Wish I could, but there's a known bug affecting Fanatec wheels. There are some workarounds, but I'm waiting for a patch and doing mostly offroad stuff since I prefer on-road racing with a wheel.

Last edited:

Stuart360

That jump target in the gif above, i beat it by less than 1 foot lol. I believe 3 stars was 1500 feet target, and i beat it with 1500.83 feet. :messenger_beaming:

b0uncyfr0

Am i the only one bothered by the rewards constantly jumping up in the middle of the screen? I get they want to make you feel like you're earning, but damn it's annoying. We should have an option to move it to the side somewhere, so I can focus on driving.

Top Bottom