• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

ACESHIGH

Banned
Played for just an hour and I am getting FH3 vibes which is great. The map is WAY better than FH4. Hopefully they go to either South America or Asia for the next game. They should ditch Europe, it just doesn't work.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Gave it a shot on PC and to no surprise they went with the same "progression" system as 4 (and maybe 3, but I skipped that one). Game slaps with with 3 high tier cars right off the bat. I miss how the first Horizon was starting you off with a slow car and you worked your way up. I'm also going to assume there's no more specific requirement races like in the first one either.

Not a fan of this direction at all.

FH3 was similar but had better progression. And wheelspins did not include cosmetics, just what matters the most (money, Cars and XP)

Last edited:

Fredrik

I’ve been critical on the progression but it’s really starting to grab be now, can’t put it down!

Wish I had a bigger TV though. It looks nice on the old Epson projector but I miss the ”pop” from the bright Sony TV. A super ultra wide for the PC would be the ultimate setup though!

p2zR1UA.jpg

nikos

What is the bug and workaround?

I have a CSL DD on the way.

I have noticed that my Thrustmaster TX feels different/worse on all games on the Series X compared to on the One X.

If you're on console, I don't think you'll have an issue.

On PC, the game becomes unresponsive or freezes when playing with a Fanatec wheel. Usually happens when the game tries to save, so it happens quickly and frequently. The easiest workaround is to downgrade to an old driver, v346.

MrFunSocks

Banned
I love that they've added the new drift head movement camera for in-car views! I absolutely adored it in Need for Speed Shift, which to this day is still IMO the most visceral and realistic depiction of being a driver in a car to date.

I'm playing in Quality mode on Series X in Dolby Vision on an LG OLED and the game just looks phenomenal.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Great game so far. This is my first Horizon game. I haven't seriously played a Forza game since Forza Motorsport on XB and Forza Motorsport 2 on the X360. I loooved the MSR/PGR series back in the day and have been salty for waaay too long with MS choosing the Forza Motorsport and Horizon combo over the PGR series. 🤣

It feels good to get back into a racing game. I've only unlocked around 10 or so achievements, bought my first house and unlocked the costal Baja area. Can't wait to dig deeper into the game.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
2560x1440, v sync'd to 75 for my monitor, everything cranked - the game is gorgeous. Controls well with a Xbox One X controller, but I wish I had a wheel.

It crashed hard three times though. I had to debug the memory dump to discover that for some weird reason my ethernet driver of all things was to blame. I updated the driver and it's fine now, but I've never seen a PC game crash because of a NIC driver before heh.

DJ12

Seems like they phoned this one in. Its enjoyable, but I don't get all the fuss. Other than the map not much has changed. When my £1 gamepass sub runs out I don't think I'll be buying this. For context I have fh3 and fh4 ultimate editions.

Playing on pc, not had a single crash, and have the nahmic sound rubbish enabled.

Last edited:

MaulerX

Went in a board collecting spree. Finally got all 250. Some were a pain but it was super fun doing it.

If anyone wants to go for this, I bought the map to tell me their locations. Then I bought the Buenas Vistas house (it's 2M though). That house unlocks the fast travel to any road on the map perk. Now you can just select and fast travel to any board you want to work on.

Have fun!

RPS37

Decided I’m copping this tonight.
Been having a pretty decent time with Dirt 5.
Am I going to dig this way more? (XSX)

hollams

Gold Member
Wish I had a bigger TV though. It looks nice on the old Epson projector but I miss the ”pop” from the bright Sony TV. A super ultra wide for the PC would be the ultimate setup though!
Here ya go. Just today, I got in my new Samsung G9 to replace my older CHG90 and the upgrade to 1440p makes a huge difference. I have a projector as well and a big screen is nice but I like the POP in graphics a TV/Monitor gives you. After I took the photo and sat down I noticed someone parked right on top of me so it looks like a ghost is on top of the car.

kB4wSTK.jpg

biZkV6m.jpg

Chiggs

Gold Member
So between the Goliath trick and the Blueprint "Do a Barrel Roll" exploit, leveling, wheelspins and money are hopelessly broken in this game.

I really don't think there's much Playground can do to stem the tide. Sure, this stuff will be patched (to an extent), but the sweet, sweet damage is already done.

MaulerX

Here ya go. Just today, I got in my new Samsung G9 to replace my older CHG90 and the upgrade to 1440p makes a huge difference. I have a projector as well and a big screen is nice but I like the POP in graphics a TV/Monitor gives you. After I took the photo and sat down I noticed someone parked right on top of me so it looks like a ghost is on top of the car.

kB4wSTK.jpg

biZkV6m.jpg

Jesus what a fucking amazing setup. Wowza!

BTW it's 5.7 Million players now. That this will hit 6 Million before Friday is absolutely bonkers and out of the realm of anyone's expectations.

Fredrik

kB4wSTK.jpg

biZkV6m.jpg
Yup that’s what I want! 🔥🔥🔥

I used to play with three screens a few years ago.
IFlHdJV.jpg

But I moved the PC to another room so now I’m on only the center screen used above… and it’s 24”… 😕

So yeah, that’s why I’m on the Xbox on the projector instead, a single 24” screen just makes me depressed.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

IFlHdJV.jpg

But I moved the PC to another room so now I’m on only the center screen used above… and it’s 24”… 😕

So yeah, that’s why I’m on the Xbox on the projector instead, a single 24” screen just makes me depressed.
Just curious!

Why do you have a red joystick? For the retro feel? Why not just use the Xbox controller or arcade stick?

And why is there a big thick book on the table?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

kB4wSTK.jpg

biZkV6m.jpg
Holy shit, that looks awesome. DIdn't know you could built something that complex.

The only time I've ever sat in a home set up is some super small cramped thing my brother in law bought for Gran Turismo during the PS3 days. I'm a stocky guy so when I tried it, it was tight as fuck! lol. He's skinny so it worked.

Just curious. Does the steering wheel tilt too? Or is it locked to a horizontal kind of position? What's that big lever? Hand brake?

Last edited:

Fredrik

Just curious!

Why do you have a red joystick? For the retro feel? Why not just use the Xbox controller or arcade stick?

And why is there a big thick book on the table?
I’m a dinosaur, it’s a proper Wico Command Control joystick for the Amiga 1200 sitting right there on the desk, and it’s better than all the controllers 😉
The book is from Keeper of the swords fantasy serie by Nick Perumov, highly recommended to shorten long load times 😋

Is there a way to lock frame rate? I want a solid 60, but my game keeps hovering around 80ish, I’d rather have it lower and fixed and solid. Anyway to force a locked 60fps?

Havoc2049

IFlHdJV.jpg

Stealth brag post to show off your Amiga 1200. 😜

Fredrik

Stealth brag post to show off your Amiga 1200. 😜
Hehe yup! 😁
It’s kinda wild how far gaming has come, I remember being absolutely blown away by Lotus Esprit on the Amiga. And I really appreciate that Playground still aim for the fun, which for me comes from that 80s era, even though all other things has morphed into realism. Right now this is by far my favorite racing IP. And it looks sooo good! 👌

Last edited:

yamaci17

Is there a way to lock frame rate? I want a solid 60, but my game keeps hovering around 80ish, I’d rather have it lower and fixed and solid. Anyway to force a locked 60fps?
rivatuner or nvidia control panel max frame limit feature

no way to cap in game aside from vsync but it works weird with VRR, just a FYI

Last edited:

BadBurger

Whelp, I solved the blue screening on my brand new PC, but now it's crashing to desktop (common according to so many people on Twitter and Reddit). Like I said my system is new, I checked and there are no more drivers I can update. Only my NIC driver was out of date. The entry in eventvwr is the bog standard and unhelpful event ID 1000 "this is the faulting application weee" type of event. Found some dmp files in my AppData\Local\CrashDumps folder. Analyzing them doesn't reveal anything meaningful, only that it is definitely a memory violation error from the Horizon executable, with an unknown error (to it).

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: SOFTWARE_NX_FAULT_c0000005_ForzaHorizon5.exe!unknown_error_in_process

Again, nothing remarkable or out of the ordinary if I look through the entire memory stack.

So shit. As fun as that opening mission / level is, and how great it looks and sounds, this game is consistently crashing to desktop with this same problem. I guess it wasn't meant to be, but I could use the hard drive space back in any event.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Whelp, I solved the blue screening on my brand new PC, but now it's crashing to desktop (common according to so many people on Twitter and Reddit). Like I said my system is new, I checked and there are no more drivers I can update. Only my NIC driver was out of date. The entry in eventvwr is the bog standard and unhelpful event ID 1000 "this is the faulting application weee" type of event. Found some dmp files in my AppData\Local\CrashDumps folder. Analyzing them doesn't reveal anything meaningful, only that it is definitely a memory violation error from the Horizon executable, with an unknown error (to it).

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: SOFTWARE_NX_FAULT_c0000005_ForzaHorizon5.exe!unknown_error_in_process

Again, nothing remarkable or out of the ordinary if I look through the entire memory stack.

So shit. As fun as that opening mission / level is, and how great it looks and sounds, this game is consistently crashing to desktop with this same problem. I guess it wasn't meant to be, but I could use the hard drive space back in any event.
Check if you have "nahiminic service" running, it's in task manager, when you click on details tab. It's something to do with realtek drivers and it has been crashing Forza Horizon games since the 3rd game.

BadBurger

Check if you have "nahiminic service" running, it's in task manager, when you click on details tab. It's something to do with realtek drivers and it has been crashing Forza Horizon games since the 3rd game.

Yea, it's "Nahimic Service" in services.msc, and I did disable it when I was first fighting the bluescreens. Didn't make a difference.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

I feel like I’m missing something.

Playing XSX on a 65” LG OLED, perf
From the previews I was expecting a true next gen experience.

This is FH4 remade in Mexico.

Not sure I’ll be playing it much , if you’ve played
FH4 it’s almost identical if anything is a much more polished product and experience.

I don’t mind playing games in Quality mode so may switch it over but I feel extremely underwhelmed.

The best thing about the game is the soundtrack and the handling model which has always been very smooth.

Does anyone have any brightness slider settings? Looks a bit washed out or overly bright in light areas.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Yea, it's "Nahimic Service" in services.msc, and I did disable it when I was first fighting the bluescreens. Didn't make a difference.
Just make sure that it's not running in task manager, for some reason this service has some sort of auto respawn. It's annoying and I remember that I had to modify some registers for it go away, when I restart PC, etc.

BadBurger

Just make sure that it's not running in task manager, for some reason this service has some sort of auto respawn. It's annoying and I remember that I had to modify some registers for it go away, when I restart PC, etc.

Yea, like I said I disabled it so it can't restart. NahimicService.exe is the process name, not running.

Edit: I think I solved it. I disabled my page file. I have 32 GB of RAM so didn't need it anyways. No crashes since. Weird thing was, the process wasn't paging anyways (no hard faults, no page file activity at all when I was running a performance trace in fact). Eh. Fuck it, whatever, it's working now so I'm happy

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
I feel like I’m missing something.

Playing XSX on a 65” LG OLED, perf
From the previews I was expecting a true next gen experience.

This is FH4 remade in Mexico.

Not sure I’ll be playing it much

Not sure what else people expect from an arcade racer? We need a list of features people require that aren’t already there. FH formula is known and tried true and why this is the biggest in numbers yet.

Just got into Forza Gaf now time to put it work, sucks working every day promising self early night then deep diving on this for 4 hours.

Top Bottom