• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

sainraja

Thanks, I did the FH4 OT after the game released but it never really took off and was kind of rushed, I think it ended up at two pages total. I had some ideas for this one right after it was announced to be in Mexico so it turned out better.

Not everybody is going to like the game, they're free to express that. As long as people aren't just here to derail the thread or harass others I encourage them posting regardless of their experience.

This guide covers a ton of options in the game

For the images you posted I'd say your shutter speed is off and your Sampling is set to Fast instead of quality. The for images where the car is in motion you'll need to adjust until the ground is blurring to an acceptable rate for the image.

Choosing between panning and Tracking can affect blur as well. Panning will treat the shot as if the camera is moving to point at the selected object from a point. You'd get shots like these from a stationary trackside camera turning to photograph the action. Tracking is as if you mounted the camera to the car so that it's moving with the car as it takes a picture.

The other cause of blur is the Aperture setting. this will cause anything not in focus to blur more the further it is from the focal point. Set this too high and everything looks blurry.

Finally you have to set your focal point. In the photomode while not in the advanced settings hitting X will focus the camera on what is in the center of the circle. You can focus on other cars, background elements, etc. The aperture, shutter, etc will all use that point as the basis for the entire image.
Thank you! Appreciate it!

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
DpQ9YJl.png

Lots of “ackchyually” energy in this thread the past couple pages. Lame.

Chukhopops

holy shit, when did this thread became a salt mine?

I guess everyone enjoying the game is playing non stop and already left.
It’s normal now that we have GP users just trying it and having different expectations how the series should play. If you look at those feedbacks a lot of those applied to previous FH games too, and it’s ok not to like the tone or style of the game.

I wouldn’t expect anything to change in the future though as the numbers show that people are enjoying the series as it is.

Stuart360

DpQ9YJl.png

Lots of “ackchyually” energy in this thread the past couple pages. Lame.
If in doubt, post history it out. A motto that works well on this forum.

Some user a page or two back says the game looks bland, and 'in reality is a 6 or 7 out of 10'. A quick post history check and the same user thinks Vangaurd looks incredible on PS5,. and PS5 is the defacto console to get this generation. :messenger_beaming:

As for the people saying 'its more of the same', well if i play new Forza Horizon game then i want some more Forza Horizon in a new settings. Each to their own though.
Its something labeled against sequels that i have never really understood.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member

Some user a page or two back says the game looks bland, and 'in reality is a 6 or 7 out of 10'. A quick post history check and the same user thinks Vangaurd looks incredible on PS5,. and PS5 is the defacto console to get this generation. :messenger_beaming:

As for the people saying 'its more of the same', well if i play new Forza Horizon game then i want some more Forza Horizon in a new settings. Each to their own though.
I had a couple of these butt nuggets on ignore, but gave them another shot. They looped right back to same old retarded shit. A shame, really. Tons of people are experiencing the series, or really diving in for the first time and are super excited and having fun. This would be a good chance to bring them into the thread/forum and the club, but who wants to be around party poopers like that? /rant

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I had a couple of these butt nuggets on ignore, but gave them another shot. They looped right back to same old retarded shit. A shame, really. Tons of people are experiencing the series, or really diving in for the first time and are super excited and having fun. This would be a good chance to bring them into the thread/forum and the club, but who wants to be around party poopers like that? /rant

Some of us are fans and wanted to see more than the same thing we have gotten twice before. Criticism makes games we love better. Ignoring it and pretending it doesn’t exist is ignorant and regressive. It sounds more like you want an Echo Chamber where people are only ever positive on the games you enjoy.

Orbital2060

If anyone is looking for a car to farm some skills, the forza edition of the ‘53 Corvette might be worth considering. Its got a x3.0 modifier to the skill build-up and the one to the right is for a max of 7 skill chains.

bedad7b1-5423-4e7c-bditj3g.png

c7c3a872-576f-4f58-85xwjke.png

418a5b83-14e4-44d0-9099jlf.png

I got it from a wheelspin, but from what I read it can be bought fairly cheap on the auction house.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
If anyone is looking for a car to farm some skills, the forza edition of the ‘53 Corvette might be worth considering. Its got a x3.0 modifier to the skill build-up and the one to the right is for a max of 7 skill chains.

bedad7b1-5423-4e7c-bditj3g.png

c7c3a872-576f-4f58-85xwjke.png

418a5b83-14e4-44d0-9099jlf.png

I got it from a wheelspin, but from what I read it can be bought fairly cheap on the auction house.
Now *that* is a beautiful machine. Best thing about these games is seeing these cars and driving them as I will never be able to do so IRL.

Deanington

Anybody redeem the SE controller dlc on pc? I put the code in the xbox app but dont see the dlc anywhere, same with the welcome pack. I did just start the game, do I need to ulock more stuff for them to show up?

EDIT: Nevermind, just had to play a litlle more to unlock.

Last edited:

Tunned

I played a round of eliminator today, I went the whole round without seeing a single player, until I realized it was a bug. I came 27th after a transparent player challenged me to a race, which I lost.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Havoc2049

Anybody redeem the SE controller dlc on pc? I put the code in the xbox app but dont see the dlc anywhere, same with the welcome pack. I did just start the game, do I need to ulock more stuff for them to show up?

EDIT: I see the dlc shirt but it is locked and says its for Horizon controller owners ( which I am ), hmm?
For the cars, you still need to go to where you buy the cars and select them, even though they are paid for. That is the way it was for the drift pack from the premium pack.

Deanington

For the cars, you still need to go to where you buy the cars and select them, even though they are paid for. That is the way it was for the drift pack from the premium pack.
I leveled up ( 2 ) and they all unlocked on their own. I got a few other cars for owning Horizon 3 and 4 too, which was pretty cool.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons

Yup, as if TLOU 2 is different to TLOU 1 or Gears Of War 5 to 4 its literally plays and looks like you would expect from the sequell. Like you said you expect a Forza Horizon game to still be feel like a Forza Horizon game. And ofcourse valid critisism is good, you can say you don't like the soundtrack or the menu's or even the progression and campaign leveling system, but saying the game looks high res last gen game at best or bland or the same as Forza Horizon 4 is just bullshit. They added new stuff to like event labs and such. Also Forza Horizon 4 was already one of the best racing games last gen they and they improved it in almost every way. From graphics, sound, physics, wheel support, map design and tuning/upgrading. And most of the shit they complain about you can just turn it off or ignore it.

McCheese

Having a blast with this, but one unexpected thing is really dragging it down for me, and that's the script and general tone of how everybody talks within the game. It's really grating, and weirdly none of the cutscenes can be skipped.

"OH BOY THE CHAMP IS HERE! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU TEAR THINGS UP!!"
"IS HE WEARING A WING-SUIT RIDING A MOTORBIKE OUT OF A PLANE!!! THINGS ARE GETTING WILD AND WE'RE JUST GETTING STARTED"
"MEXICO IS ALL ABOUT FAMILY...FAMILY, FOOD AND FAST CARS LOL AM I RITE!"
"YOOOOO WE HAVE A FILM DIRECTOR HERE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO DO SOME KILLER STUNTS, TIME TO... BUCKLE UP"

I thought Gran Turismo was too far up its own arse with its "professional racing simulator" stuff, but this is like the polar opposite. Feels really unauthentic, like how a 50-year-old videogame director imagines young people speak at festivals whilst high on ket.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hari Seldon

This game is fun but all of the mobile shit in the game is annoying as fuck. How in the fuck do I get the points to unlock the season cars? There are things called barns and treasure maps to buy with real money? Glad this is a game pass game as I would be pissed if I actually bought this with all of this garbage in the game.

Ammogeddon

Having a blast with this, but one unexpected thing is really dragging it down for me, and that's the script and general tone of how everybody talks within the game. It's really grating, and weirdly none of the cutscenes can be skipped.

"OH BOY THE CHAMP IS HERE! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU TEAR THINGS UP!!"
"IS HE WEARING A WING-SUIT RIDING A MOTORBIKE OUT OF A PLANE!!! THINGS ARE GETTING WILD AND WE'RE JUST GETTING STARTED"
"MEXICO IS ALL ABOUT FAMILY...FAMILY, FOOD AND FAST CARS LOL AM I RITE!"
"YOOOOO WE HAVE A FILM DIRECTOR HERE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO DO SOME KILLER STUNTS, TIME TO... BUCKLE UP"

I thought Gran Turismo was too far up its own arse with its "professional racing simulator" stuff, but this is like the polar opposite. Feels really unauthentic, like how a 50-year-old videogame director imagines young people speak at festivals whilst high on ket.
It’s actually worse than Riders Republic, at least they simmer down a bit after the intro. FH5 hasn’t stopped. How they decide this stuff in focus groups or whatever is beyond me.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
After going back and forward the highway in Lamborghini Sesto Elemento FE farming skill points for the most of my Forza day, I decided to turn on Forza Horizon 4 for a second before I go to sleep.

And oh my God, FH4 looks absolutely primitive compared to FH5. People who claim that 5 is a marginal upgrade over 4 should refresh their memory.

Last edited:

Hari Seldon

This game is completely infuriating. I have found 2 barns. How the fuck do I extract the cars from these barns? Googling is revealing nothing because apparently every person ever has played all of the other forza games and this is obvious apparently but not to me. The interface is so god damn bad.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
This game is completely infuriating. I have found 2 barns. How the fuck do I extract the cars from these barns? Googling is revealing nothing because apparently every person ever has played all of the other forza games and this is obvious apparently but not to me. The interface is so god damn bad.

Go home. You’ll find it there.

Stuart360

After going back and forward the highway in Lamborghini Sesto Elemento FE farming skill points for the most of my Forza day, I decided to turn on Forza Horizon 4 for a second before I go to sleep.

And oh my God, FH4 looks absolutely primitive compared to FH5. People who claim that 5 is a marginal upgrade over 4 should refresh their memory.
I think people dont always see it because the Horizon games all have that same 'look', the same art style if you like. But yeah i was actually playing FH4 for a couple of days last week in prep for 5 and yeah 5 looks considerably better looking. Its the fine detail, the clutter, the extra rocks and pebbles, thick grass and foliage, and higher rez textures, and of course the absolutely massive vista's and draw distance 5 has overe the others.

Last edited:

Stuart360

I'm not sure what you mean, you just drive up to the barns and the game takes over with a cutscene. You dont even need to press anything.
If you mean where do you get the cars, you have to wait a while for the cars to be restored, then you get them at one of your homes, or the festival.

I've been giving this game some more time and I'm starting to enjoy it more but I do have one issue in particular. This game has got lots of stuff happening all around you with multiple different menu bullshit to contend with. Throws you into the deep end. Some people may be okay with that but I prefer a more gated off, slowly unraveling approach. I do get that it's not what Forza Horizon is about though. Just a personally pet peeve.

Also this game needs to stop trying so hard to be hip and cool. Someone else in this thread mentioned that it's the opposite of the stuffy Grand Turismo approach and I agree. A bit annoying but whatever.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons

I think they played the wrong Forza, maybe they played 4 instead of 5 without noticing it lol. You cannot tell me this looks like Forza Horizon 4
51672929554_15f233105d_o.jpg

51672929834_328899cc1b_o.jpg

51672493008_192aec69dc_o.jpg

51658214959_b323a2c92f_o.jpg

51658412995_c32c7bf2a6_o.jpg

(everything bottom is from photomode didn't have pics from gameplay)

And than you have those rocks
51654492742_951fb7007a_o.jpg

51654492882_a4dd2e913f_o.jpg

and all those details in the city
51655308416_9bafc37cc2_o.jpg

51656167485_1fb78dfe54_o.jpg

j0hnnix

I joined the gaf club so I can ram into you all. Anyways, game is fun, played a few hours of it. It's FH that's for sure.

Finally got my stupid Bug after completely forgetting about my original plan of making a Mexican taxi to do the early part of the game. The Corrado, Jimmy, Alpine and Aventador have been fairing pretty well and I managed to grab everything on the map with just those four cars. Since the taxi idea never happened I just made some small adjustments to my Love Bug livery and she's good to go. Great car for the any rally-type races in the lower classes.

JhOQ7KT.jpg

Also made some changes to my Hound livery for the game complete with the hologram sticker you rub to make sure it's really an Autobot (The G1 toys had them, I'm old).
dtjC6hD.jpg

Finally I resto-modded a Chevelle for one of the Forzathon races. Left the paint factory on this one, it doesn't need any help.
Csp12vb.jpg

Still working on some of the stories before I start taking on all the races scattered around the map. I still rarely fast-travel in the game, I really like driving around on this map. Wet season brought some interesting changes to the map. The large dried out lakebed with the ruin in the center is a massive lake now and all the dried out rivers leading to it are flowing. The desert has pink rose bush patches growing all over the place and the fields are all growing around the map. I'm looking forward to seeing what the stormy season brings.

Last edited:

JeloSWE

I think they played the wrong Forza, maybe they played 4 instead of 5 without noticing it lol. You cannot tell me this looks like Forza Horizon 4
51672929554_15f233105d_o.jpg

51672929834_328899cc1b_o.jpg

51672493008_192aec69dc_o.jpg

51658214959_b323a2c92f_o.jpg

51658412995_c32c7bf2a6_o.jpg

(everything bottom is from photomode didn't have pics from gameplay)

And than you have those rocks
51654492742_951fb7007a_o.jpg

51654492882_a4dd2e913f_o.jpg

and all those details in the city
51655308416_9bafc37cc2_o.jpg

51656167485_1fb78dfe54_o.jpg
While I'm playing the game addictively and it often times look pretty and stunning, screen shots dont really convey my two biggest gripes that are mostly visible in motion. Their MSAA antialias solution is extremely bad at handling pixel shimmer on thin structures, usch as fences, poles, antennas but foliage is where it really suffers, it's quite distracting and can't be completely solved even when you use DSR to render the game at 8K on my RTX 3090, lol. Second thing is the Draw Distance and LODs, not only can distant areas, such as forests, trees and bushes, especially on mountain ranges look very flat and unintegrated with the ground, basically looking like a simple floating billboards on top, which they are, there is also a considerable pop in of geometry and in-foliage shading of AO and shadows. I understand this is a very difficult thing to solve in an a large open world game such as this, as well as having to support weaker crossgen hardware but I for one was hoping to see more progress in these areas from FH4.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
This game has really bad soundtrack, like are people in states really listen that shit? Europeans are still listen real music where band are performing, im talkin about real rock and roll bands.

In States? United States? What does the US have to do with the music the devs selected?

Just played a coop team v team race and holy molly I want more! Basically 3 rounds of which team's members place higher overall during 3 runs wins. Got carried, but still a win is a win. :messenger_grinning_sweat: So much fun.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I am only level 3, so not many races under my belt, but I have come in first in every last one of them. Feeling good. This is the first racing game I can genuinely claim to be good at.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Anyone getting really weird graphical anomolies? My game will be running fine and then the screen basically "pixels out" and the game looks like it reverts to like 480p.
Settings: Everything extreme.

Device name DESKTOP-D8G1ET5
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Nvidia Geforce 2080 Founders Edition
Dell 24" GSync monitor at 165hz

hollams

Gold Member
Anyone getting really weird graphical anomolies? My game will be running fine and then the screen basically "pixels out" and the game looks like it reverts to like 480p.
Settings: Everything extreme.

Device name DESKTOP-D8G1ET5
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Nvidia Geforce 2080 Founders Edition
Dell 24" GSync monitor at 165hz
Open the Nvidia control panel click Manage 3D settings and revert all settings to default. I had the same issue and thought my new monitor was bad after I updated the firmware. My screen would pixelate every 10 seconds or so. After setting to default all the pixilation went away. I'm not sure what setting was causing it, maybe ambient occulusion????

Can you have multiple of the same car in your garage? Edit: I haven’t played Horizon since 2 so I’m not really up to date on the series.

Last edited:
Top Bottom