• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

MachRc

I went hiking yesterday 3 hours so that I can sit on my ass the rest of the day to play horizon 5.
Im just starting, and the whole car voucher, gift houses, and extra cars like the taycan and this monster hoonigan car Ive been thrashing to the rev limiter has been getting me hooked.
I think I played that one canyon run , and the town mulege (right before the main title spalsh) like 5 times now with the volume up no racing lines, no rewind, maunal with no music.

I play with music off, helps as I like to capture and put my own music in.(been seeing alot of stutters in my capture on PC) But I realize it just more involved without music.
Maybe im a forza purist. Hard game to put down, just enough sim like feel in it for alot of sim lovers. and Silly enough to keep playing as a game.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I did a Super7 and obtained a legendary Lambourgini. Was fun to just have challenge after challenge after challenge like that. I do feel that, if you want to, you should be able to just hop to the next major race without having to manually drive there. I know there is a house that gives you the ability to fast travel to any road, but I still haven‘t figured out how to unlock that one.

cormack12

Gold Member
Ugh, my favorite car of all time, the McLaren F1 is locked behind wheel spin lol

It's actually the second season reward in the series. AMG-ONE is the first, spend your money on tuning your cars to get the season points as you get double the bonus then.

Can you have multiple of the same car in your garage? Edit: I haven’t played Horizon since 2 so I’m not really up to date on the series.

Yes, because I gifted one of my duplicates to someone else.

I'm burnt out today from almost maxing my season points. Earned the Delorean and the second car, working towards the AMG and Mclaren but need to wait for the roll. Got the most expensive house out the way so just plain sailing for me from here.

This game is fun but all of the mobile shit in the game is annoying as fuck. How in the fuck do I get the points to unlock the season cars? There are things called barns and treasure maps to buy with real money? Glad this is a game pass game as I would be pissed if I actually bought this with all of this garbage in the game.

Forget the treasure maps, you only really need to consider this if you're specifically trying to max out the boards and it's not worth it until you have done the rest of the game and got the rest organically. Barn finds, you get a rumour then go and find the barn. You find it then you get into your garage for refurb. Eventually you'll get a notification saying the work is done. Then drive back to one of your houses, press 'X' and then click Barn Finds. Then it will be there to click on and claim for your collection.

Festival points are pretty self explanatory. Go into your festival playlist then scroll right. You'll see loads of tasks from danger jumps to championships. Hit one and it will take you to the icon on the map. Then you need to look at the requirements (e.g. S1 900 Modern Sports Car). Then you need to check your garage to see if you have a car. You might only have a Modern Sports Car S1 at 865, so then you apply a tune usually to get it to 900 to give you the best chance of completing the task. Alternatively you can uptune an existing A to S1 or go the auction/car show and buy an S1 if you haven't got one.

Last edited:

twilo99

How do I acquire this little monster?

Forza Horizon 5 is beautiful! : XboxSeriesX (reddit.com)

QxYUeI9.jpg

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
This game is completely infuriating. I have found 2 barns. How the fuck do I extract the cars from these barns? Googling is revealing nothing because apparently every person ever has played all of the other forza games and this is obvious apparently but not to me. The interface is so god damn bad.

LMAO. Dude just go to the barn when you get a barn rumor. A guided barn rumor is one of the very first missions. Just play the game instead of being mad online, and you will have all of your answers!

hollams

Gold Member
I wish the game told you if the car was electric or not. A couple of times I've picked a car and got in it and gunned the gas and no sound which makes me think something is wrong with my audio. Just not the same racing an electric car.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
When using Resolution Scaling I had been getting weird black wave artifacts on the roads. I did some research and it looks like this is tied to SSAO and disabling gets rid of the artifacts. Just wanted to post it here in case somebody else was having the same issue.

yamaci17

I wish the game told you if the car was electric or not. A couple of times I've picked a car and got in it and gunned the gas and no sound which makes me think something is wrong with my audio. Just not the same racing an electric car.
can you give me an example of an electric car? id like to tray out :D

ACESHIGH

Banned
The game is amazing, can't put it down and honestly one of the best PC experiences I had on day one. I think its even less CPU intensive than previous Forza games. I can hit 60 FPS 95% of the time at high settings with a lowly FX 6300 at stock speeds. A 9 year old CPU ffs...
There are issues to iron out though. The options in Spanish are borked. Not sure why Playground does not understand the following:

Encendido = ON
Apagado = OFF

They have been having this issue since Horizon 3... I don't think they ever fixed it on those games.

And something I never liked about the series is car selection. Motorsport is my favourite of the 2 so I'd love them to do the following for FM8 but I think its highly unlikely: Car design gradually got boring past 2005. Most of the cars we have on the game are from the 2010s... maybe the most boring decade in terms of design for everyday cars. We should have more classics from the 60 through 2005 and get rid of those boring cars from the 2010s.

Also why there are so few European and Japanese everyday cars. We need brands like Peugeot, Renault, Nissan, Mazda, Toyota, Suzuki, FIAT, Alfa Romeo and many more to have a much larger share of the cars available on the game. There's too much emphasis in Hypercars, Supercars and sportscars. I'd love to have a Renault 11, Peugeot 405, Renault Fuego, Peugeot 505 and tune the hell out of those cars instead of getting a Lamborghini from day 1.

Last edited:

beboh16

Neo Member
Those rain-soaked roads in the jungle are glorious. I actually wished it rained more in this Wet Season. I haven't seen much yet but this game is great so far.

Is winning a race at above average difficulty even possible? It’s like the AI has a speed advantage
Sure, but the difficulty is weird, it kinda really depends on what car/tuning you're using.
Some will make it seem like the AI doesn't even exist, while with other it can seem near impossible to get a podium finish. Basically find a good car or tuning setup and if you demolish the AI with it, you can safely set the difficulty higher for that class of races.

sainraja

I wish Microsoft (given their new approach to console gaming) would just add support for other controllers officially (e.g. Dualshock/Dualsense); they don't have to support the unique features of the controller just basic controller support, similar to how Apple has done it with the iPad. I should just sync my controller with the 8bitdo adapter and see if it works on the Xbox first, but has anyone had luck connecting their Dualsense to their Xbox? if so, what method did you use?

I would really like to use the DS with Forza. I don't know why but the PS controller just feels better in racing games to me.

Last edited:

elliot5

I wish Microsoft (given their new approach to console gaming) would just add support for other controllers officially (e.g. Dualshock/Dualsense); they don't have to support the unique features of the controller just basic controller support, similar to how Apple has done it with the iPad. I should just sync my controller with the 8bitdo adapter and see if it works on the Xbox first, but has anyone had luck connecting their Dualsense to their Xbox? if so, what method did you use?

I would really like to use the DS with Forza. I don't know why but the PS controller just feels better in racing games to me.
It works... via xCloud lol

beboh16

Neo Member
Those rain-soaked roads in the jungle are glorious. I actually wished it rained more in this Wet Season. I haven't seen much yet but this game is great so far.
I'm part of the GAF club in Forza Horizon 5. Are you not initiating me because you are losing to me ? It's only a drivatar.

Kagey K

Banned
Am I tripping or is this a bit better than FH4?
I just spent like 20 minutes trying to collect Ramiro’s pilot suit and it was real fun.
I bounced off H4 pretty quick after being mad addicted to the 1st 3 games. This one is much better than 4 so far.

I tried to keep up with the club as much as I could while I was on time out.

THANKS ManaByte ManaByte and HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 for helping out.

Last edited:
Is winning a race at above average difficulty even possible? It’s like the AI has a speed advantage

You could ask this pro girl gamer for some tips of how to dominate unbeatable diff.

- The variety of cars and ability to choose anything for any race, as you said, can really make races feel… monotonous. You have to go out of your way to use certain cars for certain events to even have a challenge. It’s too easy to buy a super powered car and just power through 99% of the content in the game with the one vehicle.

schuey7

Yes but it varies with car class and race type. I personally play with expert drivatars but for off-road races and s2 class , I sometimes have to take it down one level otherwise it gets too frustrating. I'm using stock vehicles for now so no upgrades or tunes. Rewind is your friend if you want to get the hang of racing at higher difficulties.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Played for a few hours yesterday. The game is gorgeous in first person view. It's just a pain when looking for the hidden barns. Everything else is top notch. Incredible graphics & gameplay.

Little Mac

Just wanted to jump in and say that despite not being a "car guy" or even a racing game fan (unless SSX and the original Ridge Racer for PS1 counts), I'm having so much fucking fun with this game. I'm often thinking about it when I'm not playing. I hope people look past the genre and give it a shot. Playground Games did an outstanding job. It's not perfect (I dislike the menus and some of the UI elements) but FH5 is probably my game of the year.

Last edited:
Which view do you guys run in? I’m usually used to 3rd person, but hot damn is it exhilarating rocking the hood or street level view doing 195 mph.

elliot5

I hate the signs on top of buildings without any obvious ramps or jumps to access them. My biggest complaint so far.
yeah those can be annoying. Though I think I read that you have to unlock more of the Stunt campaign ticket to get ramps to appear where they weren't before? If you haven't done that, put your accolades towards the Stunt festival. Maybe that will help

Top Bottom