• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 - Review thread

skit_data

Damn, those are some fine ass scores!

I predicted a 89 because I was thinking the series are into their 5th installment, but then again they are fucking stellar so.

Well deserved!

FrankWza

Gold Member
Time to get that premium edition pre ordered.
I mean, is there any other way if you’re in the xbox ecosystem? I can’t understand anyone that loves the platform waiting another second. The reviews are out and there’s nothing else to wait for.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Tbh I was expecting reviews to say it’s the best forza horizon ever but then rate it less than 4.

Cant wait, thanks game pass!

Cyborg

Wow, congrats to the dev and all the xbox players.

I find it so (kudos to this developer and MS) amazing to see how many (quality) Forza games they produce. Meanwhile, ( on my side and yes I'm a PS fan) Polyphony Digita struggling to deliver a good GT game once in 5 years.

winjer

Gold Member
If you are on AMD card, don't forget to upgrade your drivers.

AMD Radeon Adrenalin 21.11.1

• Forza Horizon 5™
    • Up to 23% increase in performance in Forza Horizon 5 @ 4K Extreme Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.11.1 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.10.2RS-426.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Time to get that premium edition pre ordered.
Apparently if you have GamePass and buy the premium add on for $50 (and use the New Zealand trick) it's playable now ----or buy the $100 premium edition without GamePass

Last edited:

Chiggs

So, I'm connected to New Zealand, but I can't launch the game. Goddamn it.

Edit: Oh, only works on Xbox. Bloody hell.

Last edited:

xiseerht

It’s a very big change in terms of gamplay (Racing to ARPG) and graphics (Hyper Realism to Fantasy based) but that makes it even more exciting tbh. I’m pretty sure they will deliver big time.
Well, the graphics will probable look amazing. And if there is any racing in Fable , it will probable be great as well. LOL And the music will be amazing. The music in the FH games have always been top notch and fits the mood perfectly.

Turn 10 should definitely be seeking Playgrounds help and expertise for Forza Motorsport. They are clearly masters in their craft and have in many ways exceeded what Turn 10 can do with Forza.

I know it’s arcade vs sim-like experience but still, I could be PG would make an absolute masterpiece in the Motorsport side of things too. Even if only for the visuals, they should be looking to them for help to make it as good as can be.

I mean, they probably are doing just that.

Helghan

Turn 10 should definitely be seeking Playgrounds help and expertise for Forza Motorsport. They are clearly masters in their craft and have in many ways exceeded what Turn 10 can do with Forza.

I know it’s arcade vs sim-like experience but still, I could be PG would make an absolute masterpiece in the Motorsport side of things too. Even if only for the visuals, they should be looking to them for help to make it as good as can be.

I mean, they probably are doing just that.
Don't they use similar engines?

quest

Not Banned from OT
Don't they use similar engines?
It's turn 10 who develops the guts of the engine. Playground is just better at polishing and presentation. Playground is are masters and artists while turn 10 is really great technical studio hence the sterile feel of forza main series.

Happy racing everyone. Will be joining in on the 9th.

Also, can someone who is playing the game please tell me that PG managed to put in some proper replay cameras?

MrFunSocks

Banned
It's turn 10 who develops the guts of the engine. Playground is just better at polishing and presentation. Playground is are masters and artists while turn 10 is really great technical studio hence the sterile feel of forza main series.
That’s not it at all. Forza Motorsport is “sterile” because it’s a sim racer trying to emulate real life, whereas horizon is an arcade style racer with a fictitious setting.

reksveks

Yeah, It is turn 10 who develops the engine.

Playground has a different game in mind so they are focusing on the tech that produces the results for their game aka photogrammetry and the sky box recordings. Also they have the ability to make sure that they go for a pleasing color pallet.

Turn 10 has to be more photo-realistic which is sometimes counter to being attractive. I suspect that their focus is probably on performance.

I don't know who is the team that is working on the scalability of the graphical features but assume that Turn10 is the leads on that front.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned

Hang on a minute, "one of my favourite cars is the VW Beetle bacause your playable character mentions how much it meant to her grandfather".

Somebody please tell me there isn't a fucking story to go with this, a driving game? Who gives a shit what some splitarses piss soaked old fart of a grandfather thinks of a fucking Beetle. Story mode? Fuck off, as daft as having one in a game like Tetris.

buenoblue

I'd buy that for a dollar! Seriously though gonna pay £1 at the end of the month and play Forza horizon 5 and Halo infinite. It's insane. Doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Shows as £52 when I log into a VPN with Icelandic ip
It was a limited time sale couple of months ago. Now finished.
It’s not finished, it finishes as midnight tonight.

You don’t need a VPN, you literally just click the link, stay on the Icelandic store and click the blue button to purchase.

Ensure you’re logged in, 4229kr is £24.

elliot5

Congrats to Playground. Consistent kings. Looking forward to playing it next week.

Also I'm pretty sure turn 10 and playground codevelop forzatech, with turn 10 making the baseline stuff and playground adapting it and adding their own requirements. Then turn 10 takes some of those additions and puts them into FM, etc. It's not just a one way street from t10

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
These scores are great and (with all my STEAM credit) I feel like I've justified to my inner accountant getting the premium edition. They are also kind of hilarious as the running thread seems to be "It's more Forza. . ." and none of the scores have that "iteration tax" that journos like to toss to other series.

Chukhopops

Hang on a minute, "one of my favourite cars is the VW Beetle bacause your playable character mentions how much it meant to her grandfather".

Somebody please tell me there isn't a fucking story to go with this, a driving game? Who gives a shit what some splitarses piss soaked old fart of a grandfather thinks of a fucking Beetle. Story mode? Fuck off, as daft as having one in a game like Tetris.
There is a story around the festival, but I’m not sure the player character speaks at all (in FH4 he did not). I think the Beetle is a barn find (a car hidden in the world that you can find) so maybe there is a dialog line around it, I don’t know.

ManaByte

John Goodman Reaction GIF

MistBreeze

Congrats for the dev and the fans

I expected it to score high in metacritic

proven dev team with consistent record and they are masters in the open world racing genre at this point

FingerBang

Bravo, Playground, bravo!
Now I need a good comparison to see whether I should play this on PC (5800x/3080) or on my Series X. YES, I KNOW the PC is more powerful, but the series X turns on and I'm playing in like 5 seconds.

Top Bottom