• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport’s PC Performance Is Highly Disappointing (wccftech)

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Maybe a thread title and first post update would stop people from jumping in and saying nonsense because WCCFTech can't make a PC test ?

It's baffling how people can trust any "review" without even verifying if it's the truth or not 🙄
If we get to shit on a MS title we dont need to verify shit!

They are on rails so the test is the same every time.
Otherwise the benchmark would be borderline pointless if every run you got different things happening.

On Topic.
~20 seconds of shader comp and no shader comp stutter after the fact.
I call that a win.
Boades well for Fable.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
so now we have bug defenders.
you can’t make this shit up. lol

wccftech defenders are the ones we need to side eye hard.
They seem to have the most issues out of every major outlet, somehow they are always the outliers having abysmal performance.......how much you wanna bet they realized they get more clicks by being negative and decided every game has bad performance even if other outlets arent having anywhere near the issues they are having.

This is with a 2070Super at 1440p DLSS, so me thinks wccfs fear mongering is blown well outta proportion.
KoL1Q0Z.png

The game is heavily scalable, the gulf between low and max settings is absolutely massive, so for everyone worried their GPU cant handle this....strong chance it can, just mess with the settings some.

Keep up, a lot has been written about what has actually happened since the first OP

See above

Note to self... if a thread is more than a page long or two then perhaps consider the fact that the facts might have changed.
Errr...sure

So, you read every page of every thread before you post in it... right?

Last edited:
Why? Are console versions always the main build?
I'd imagine Forza is primarily a Xbox focused title, but then again it has a simultaneous pc launch, so I suppose it's not really a console exclusive as that almost never happens anymore in the Microsoft eco system.

I'll concede that I use the word "port" in a different way to how it is intended.

As well as being a game that is originally on another platform and then "ported" to a new one (think God of War on Playstation being ported to pc) , I also use it interchangeably to mean a version of a game that is on more than one platform.

Example; the pc port of Forza has performance issues, but it seems stable enough on Xbox.

(I'm not passing comment on the different versions performance, just using it as an example.)

Last edited:
Errr... yes.

If I'm reading a thread on a topic I'm interested in I'll read most of it if not all of it.
Yeah, but that's you.

Not everyone is like you.

Some people assume the OP will provide sufficient context and accuracy such that an opinion can be given without the need for more information.

I don't need to read your opinion to have my own.

Is that making sense?

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The biggest issue is the fact that it's severely CPU limited along with all this:

But yeh, definitely an issue with people's PC's and nothing to do with the game.
this might seem like an exhaustive list, but its really pretty usual for games to ship with these kind of bugs and oddities. i suggest you look at the horizon fw patch notes that were posted weekly on reddit for almost 10 weeks and each of them had literally 50-80 bugs they were fixing. so by like the 10th patch, they had already fixed like 500 bugs. and thats one of the most polished games ive played this gen... the performance mode IQ notwithstanding.

GHG

this might seem like an exhaustive list, but its really pretty usual for games to ship with these kind of bugs and oddities. i suggest you look at the horizon fw patch notes that were posted weekly on reddit for almost 10 weeks and each of them had literally 50-80 bugs they were fixing. so by like the 10th patch, they had already fixed like 500 bugs. and thats one of the most polished games ive played this gen... the performance mode IQ notwithstanding.

This is a strange hill that some of you are choosing to die on.

One look at the Steam forums and the DF PC video reveals all the issues that this game has on PC, wccftech were accurate in their reporting in this instance.

Erebus

Anecdotal but the performance on my 4070 Ti/12700K setup at 1440p with all settings on Ultra has been quite satisfactory.

Schmick

Yeah, but that's you.

Not everyone is like you.

Some people assume the OP will provide sufficient context and accuracy such that an opinion can be given without the need for more information.

I don't need to read your opinion to have my own.

Is that making sense?
It does. Unfortunately then, misinformation will continue to fester in this forum.

Last edited:
It does. Unfortunately then, misinformation will continue to fester in this forum.
Well, the misinformation was the OP, wasn't it?

If I start a thread called "ps6 just announced" and post a link to an article supposedly revealing insider information, and it turns out to be incorrect, I'm to blame aren't I?

People in the comments discussing it in good faith aren't really at fault.

Senua

If I start a thread called "ps6 just announced" and post a link to an article supposedly revealing insider information, and it turns out to be incorrect, I'm to blame aren't I?

Actually the game has a lot of problems on PC, not as fucked as the article states, but there are many issues. It's very single threaded for one and struggles on more powerful CPUS than Xbox series X

Schmick

Yep, and the OT should address it in the first post (address the reason for the drop in FPS on the test PC) but hasn't and so just outlines that actually reading the thread in its entirety has it benefits as the narrative develops.

GHG

Yep, and the OT should address it in the first post (address the reason for the drop in FPS on the test PC) but hasn't and so just outlines that actually reading the thread in its entirety has it benefits as the narrative develops.

Senua Senua I think he's requesting that you add these to the OP:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

One look at the Steam forums and the DF PC video reveals all the issues that this game has on PC, wccftech were accurate in their reporting in this instance.
The only issue from that list that happened to me was the DLSS showing as "off" after I turned it on with unlocked frame rate, so not everyone is affected by some issues and is highly disappointed.

A thread can develop anyway it wants, that isn't relevant to the point.

If the OP is accurate and provides context then there's no need to read anyone else's comment because it won't change the fundamental premise outlined in the original post.

You must see what I'm saying?

Now, of course, if the OP is inaccurate it will mean some posts won't make sense...and I agree with you that reading the thread would help.
The question then becomes, should you HAVE to read every comment in every thread that interests you in case the OP is incorrect, or should the OP be fact checked before it is published?

Ultimately, I don't necessarily have time to read every comment in a thread to double check nobody has revealed new information which refutes/debunks the OP assertion.

What if it's 20 pages long?

Supposing, someone queries the OP and then others back them up?
Am I now supposed to leave NeoGAF to research the issue and return once I'm fully informed?

At some point, we have to trust that the OP has checked any facts and has accurate information.

I don't think that's unreasonable.

Last edited:

GHG

The only issue from that list that happened to me was the DLSS showing as "off" after I turned it on with unlocked frame rate, so not everyone is affected by some issues and is highly disappointed.

We have had people saying they aren't disappointed for even the shittest of shit PC ports in history, so that's nothing new.

The closing statements in the DF video are not exactly glowing, so it is what it is unfortunately.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

There will always be games with issues. What this year has taught me is that there are levels. You have your trash tier ports like Dead Space, TLOU, Wild hearts and Star Wars, then unoptimized ones like Hogwarts and Forspoken, and finally buggy ones like Starfield and RE4 which perform more or less ok with various quirks like RE4 crashing due to lack of vram in RT mode etc. Forza to me seemed to fall into that category. But that was before I found out the dlss and fsr werent working. So its definitely in the middle tier with hogwarts at the moment.

Honestly, I have never seen such a poor FSR and DLSS implementation in a game before so we are in uncharted territory here. at least i can play the game without stutters in native res. something i could not do with tlou, and star wars.

P.S the game performs like shit on zen 2 and zen 3 cpus just like starfield, cyberpunk and other cpu hungry games. i would put the blame on AMD here not Turn10 when similar intel CPUs seem to be doing fine.

Top Bottom