• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7. A look at some tracks, Forza Horizon 3 skies, Dynamic weather

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Montserrat and positano are easily my favorite of forza's fantasy tracks. Can't believe they be never returned. The track count in this is quite poor but I'm sure we'll see a couple added as dlc

Izayoi

Banned
I miss that track as well as Fujimi Kaido

IGN35BV.jpg
Be still, my beating heart.

The best track in Forza history, TBH.

Mascot

I really wish these devs would put up some quality direct feed before all these shit quality impression videos hit the net. Do they ever learn? First impressions matter.

AND turn that shitass racing line bollocks off.
AND disable the music.
AND get somebody with working hands and eyes to do the driving.

I miss Camino Viejo de Montserrat too! Would love the return of it!

Plus:

Iberian International Circuit

and Sedona Raceway Park with the full road circuit going around the stadium!

When I look back at the series, forza 3 was one of the better games even if 4 bought a lot of new content.

3 has some amazing fantasy tracks, it was also the first time we had tire deformation and being able to roll the car on a slope of grass by handbraking into it, like a real car would do.

Since then it's like that stuff is forgotten and we have gone along the road of drivatar dummies, more cars on screen, less smart AI and stuff like giant grass hills and patches you can crash and roll on replaced with real life locations and walled streets, it's not the same.

c0de

As long as "dynamic" really means dynamic and not some pre set baked scenarios then we are good.

"
I want to make sure that you all understand what I mean when referring to conditions like weather and time of day. In Forza Motorsport 7, we’ve built tracks with a central goal in mind: Making every time you return to a track a unique experience.
"

GHG

"
I want to make sure that you all understand what I mean when referring to conditions like weather and time of day. In Forza Motorsport 7, we’ve built tracks with a central goal in mind: Making every time you return to a track a unique experience.
"

That can mean anything.

We haven't seen how you select the TOD/weather from the menus yet. That will be the big tell. Can you start the race at any TOD/Weather? Do you have control of things like time progression? Can you select the sequence of weather scenarios you want to experience? Etc etc.

Or is it pre-baked & pre-defined weather/Tod scenarios?

Unless Helios wants to confirm?

KAOS

Was gonna wait for the X1X to pick up F7 but the return of the Maple Valley track is calling my name! Wish it had the NY track or one of the NY tracks from PGR.

membran

There's no such thing as a simple ”rain" setting in Forza Motorsport 7. Not for Sebring or the Nürburgring, or Brands Hatch, or any other track where wet conditions are available. Instead, the team has created a system that can smoothly transition through multiple weather conditions per track, and those conditions can (and often will) change throughout a race.

If their aim was to entice me with this bit of marketing wash, they've failed. All I read here is "we've taken away user options and forced the new system upon them".

Bobnob

If their aim was to entice me with this bit of marketing wash, they've failed. All I read here is "we've taken away user options and forced the new system upon them".
And to add, you're probably going to start on a dry track with a wet tire compound. It brings zero stratagy to the race. Hope i'm wrong!

willbsn13

And to add, you're probably going to start on a dry track with a wet tire compound. It brings zero stratagy to the race. Hope i'm wrong!

I think your right. Although since it might not even potentially rain in some instances (as they allude to in that article) then what happens? Do you just start on wets and stay that way even though it doesn't rain?

So many questions, very few answers. I assume this sort of stuff won't get answered till reviewers & community people get their copies and can stream early and can answer questions.

All sim racing credibility is instantly lost when that dudebro driver starts swaggering around, clapping his hands and whooping it up. Hopefully that's just in this demo because it looks bloody ridiculous to me.

The driver animations look so wooden and low key frame too.

Looks like they added camera tilting to the chase cam also, not sure how I feel about that.

Stevey

All sim racing credibility is instantly lost when that dudebro driver starts swaggering around, clapping his hands and whooping it up. Hopefully that's just in this demo because it looks bloody ridiculous to me.

So it's not a sim because of that?
Strange argument.
Forza was never a proper sim anyways.

GHG

Lmao I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it. Now I'll never be able to unsee it.

It's amazing that Turn10's marketing department don't think to put out some high quality video, instead preferring to show their game off in the worst light possible. At a time when it's their only big game and are trying to sell expensive Scorpio's too. Nobody does anything right these days :(

It's amazing that Turn10's marketing department don't think to put out some high quality video, instead preferring to show their game off in the worst light possible. At a time when it's their only big game and are trying to sell expensive Scorpio's too. Nobody does anything right these days :(

Been the same shit since Forza 2 and I agree, today they could have given us a direct feed hotlap but nope, we have to watch off screen crushed black lighting videos and go by that.

Is Forza going to allow us to pit and change tires from a dry to wet compound? if not, its kind of a shallow feature that brings zero strategy to the racing experience. This is part of the reason i don't expect proper dynamic weather.

Remember when Forza 1 allowed you to pick your pitstop lengh, wait longer for more repairs? they have never done anything with pitstops since forza 2 gimped it all back and for such a sim like racing game it's upsetting.

If 7 is going to have dymanic weather it really needs tire swapping in the pits, but watch as they leave it to an automatic system instead of giving us one simple option.

Of course we are talking about a series that has only just swapped to championship points per race instead of podium wins, a lot of forza design is 10+ years old now.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

It looks like they lifted the halo 5 beta's victory animations, lol

brooo.gif

(Forza's is far less goofy imo)

Gestault

I know it's a floor-show and all that, but I'd love more direct-feed footage.

OWGaLnv.gif

QzvK0Qo.gif

ggbgD2g.gif

Are you seeing something other than the driver momentarily clapping then stretching his shoulders?

Mascot

So it's not a sim because of that?

That's not what I said.

Strange argument.

It would be, were it one I made.

Forza was never a proper sim anyways.

On this we can agree. But there's no reason why it couldn't be a better motorsport sim with just a few key options.

Are you seeing something other than the driver momentarily clapping then stretching his shoulders?

Come on..! You know he's about to bust some karate moves and start breakdancing.

Here's the mocap for that shoulder-stretch you mentioned:

giphy.gif

Fox Mulder

This has been the worst hyped Forza for me in the entire series. Pcars 2 and GT Sport have been shown off far better with tons of streams. Pcars 2 devs have even hopped in youtube streams to answer questions and hosted their own. We've just got a bunch of weekly car and track lists with little new content and vague language for features for FM7. Didn't even make a new trailer for gamescom.

Feels like T10 is coasting because this is the first real PC Forza game and people will also blindly buy it as the only major title for the Xbox X.

Space_nut

I know it's a floor-show and all that, but I'd love more direct-feed footage.

OWGaLnv.gif

QzvK0Qo.gif

ggbgD2g.gif

Remarkable love how the lighting bouncing off the cliff hits the dashboard giving it a orange hue like the rocks

LostDonkey

Remarkable love how the lighting bouncing off the cliff hits the dashboard giving it a orange hue like the rocks

That was a subtle effect on the exteriors of cars in Horizon 3, red rock would reflect on white cars especially. Seems like an altogether better effect this time round.

The whole game looks Incredible.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Interior lighting looks much better than 6. Just been playing that this week and it looked so plain and flat. I hope nightime races give off a great effect on interior with headlights shining behind.

Gestault

Yeah, the lighting looks top-notch now. Do we know yet if it's global and dynamic or pre-baked?

I assume it's global with different tick rates by object (and some objects probably flagged as "zero" for performance balance), but I haven't seen any specific explanations stating that. The effect works, whatever it is.

Luckydog

Does all F1 racing credibility go out the window when the winner of a race sways back and forth, claps his hands, and sprays champagne? Jesus....of all the things to complain about.....

http://www.nbcsports.com/video/sebastian-vettel-celebrates-f1-hungarian-gp-win-champagne-spraying

xrnzaaas

This has been the worst hyped Forza for me in the entire series. Pcars 2 and GT Sport have been shown off far better with tons of streams. Pcars 2 devs have even hopped in youtube streams to answer questions and hosted their own. We've just got a bunch of weekly car and track lists with little new content and vague language for features for FM7. Didn't even make a new trailer for gamescom.

Feels like T10 is coasting because this is the first real PC Forza game and people will also blindly buy it as the only major title for the Xbox X.

It feels to me like they still have at least a decent budget to promote the game (like for example they have invited celebrities to previous events), but they don't have the right people in the marketing department.

I plan to play Forza 7 on the standard XONE and so far they didn't blow me away with anything... no new exciting cars, Maple Valley as the only "new" circuit I'm really looking forward to, no info on the exact shape of the career mode. In fact I'm starting to think it'll be best if I focus on Project CARS 2 and buy Forza 7 somewhere around Christmas when it'll be on sale and when I'll have more time.

Top Bottom