• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Blue tooth headset - Buy.com

I got mine yesterday.

Has anyone tried this with their PC or are you all using it for your PS3's/Phones?

I hooked it up to my PC to use for Skype. People on Skype tell me I sound muffled like through a cheap cell phone and that is a constant low ringing noise in the background. Is this just the crummy quality of this free headset? Do I need to change some settings around?

This is the 2nd bluetooth headset I have tried to use with Skype with the same Muffled complaint. I really want to find a small bluetooth headset with a non-garbage microphone on it so that I come through clear on Skype. I dont mind spending money so any suggestions? However could this be a problem of my PC/Bluetooth adapter and not of the actual headset?

cnet.com has a bunch of reviews, but say nothing about microphone quality.

They all say "great sound quailty" but I have no idea what thats refering to. And then agian, it could just be my PC setting or my bluetooth adapter, I dont know. Thats why I asked.

Thank you anyways though :)

SarBear

Having a bit of trouble connecting this thing to my Blackjack. I'm under (what I assume) the correct setting which is settings--->connection--->bluetooth----->menu---->devices--->add new device

It searches for hardware in range and the (again, what I assume) Sayo comes up as BTWLHS02. When I choose to connect it asks for me to make a password for a secure connection. After I choose to enter a password a second goes by and the phone states that the process has failed due to an incorrect password and/or a failed connection.

Any insight? I held down the button on the device until the blue LED continuously flashed, which is, by my understanding, necessary to pair the device with my handset.

Thanks in advance.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Are you trying to CREATE a password? The pamphlet that comes with the headset notes that you're supposed to enter the default password of 0000 there.

Manual FTW.

SarBear

seriously? wtf, my reading comprehension skills haven't been great today. even at work. ugh. Thank you, it worked.

Accountants for the loss after the season. :(

Never tried one of these before so I didn't really know much about the design of a bluetooth headset.

That said, ear buds = instant fail. I fucking hate having the thing in my ear.

I would never buy one of these things, ever.

fistfulofmetal said:
Never tried one of these before so I didn't really know much about the design of a bluetooth headset.

That said, ear buds = instant fail. I fucking hate having the thing in my ear.

I would never buy one of these things, ever.
there are other models made by other manufacturers that don't use an earbud, some just rest on your ear.

but they aren't free...

Mine was shipped 4/16 and finally got here after 12 days in the shipping process. It's strange that they have FedEx and USPS cooperate in shipping and that my package was sitting in Sacramento for almost a week until being handed over to USPS. I think that's the longest shipping has ever taken to get to me, including things I ordered from Asia or Australia, lol. I would have been pissed if I paid for shipping.

Thanks again OP for posting this deal.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Mine arrived on the 24th but I haven't been able to pick it up from the post office yet. Man I hope it didn't end up getting returned to sender.

my brother got his today.

dunno if he opened it yet...

sykoex said:
Mine arrived on the 24th but I haven't been able to pick it up from the post office yet. Man I hope it didn't end up getting returned to sender.

usually with the USPS, you have two weeks to pick it up if it's a domestic package. you can also call the post office and see if they can hold it longer.

Finally got it today. It's still charging so I haven't actually used it but it feels really bad in my ear. I have a couple Jabra models which all are much better than this in how they feel at least. So far my main complain is the package is comes in is fucking scary to open ><

nataku

Got mine last week, didn't really use it much though. There is a pretty bad buzz in the background past a certain volume when using it with my phone (Nokia 6275i). I haven't tried it with my PS3 yet.

Bogus

I got mine last week, but I still need to find a good USB Bluetooth dongle for my PC so that I can use the headset for Ventrilo and online games. I hear Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR is what I should be looking for, as it supposedly makes a big difference in the quality of voice transmission.

Bogus said:
I hear Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR is what I should be looking for, as it supposedly makes a big difference in the quality of voice transmission.
Does it? Where did you hear that?

I ask becuase I am VERY unimpressed with the voice quality I got through this headset. But I am using a cheap bluetooth adapter that I got free from work (came with a wireless barcode scanner). The adapter I have is probably Bluetooth 1.x

If anyone could confirm that Bluetooth 2.0 gives better voice quality than 1.0 I'd really appreciate it.

Bogus

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
Does it? Where did you hear that?

I ask becuase I am VERY unimpressed with the voice quality I got through this headset. But I am using a cheap bluetooth adapter that I got free from work (came with a wireless barcode scanner). The adapter I have is probably Bluetooth 1.x

If anyone could confirm that Bluetooth 2.0 gives better voice quality than 1.0 I'd really appreciate it.

I'm just judging by the Wiki. BT2.0+EDR's data rate is 3 Mbit/s, as opposed to BT1.2's 1 Mbit/s. I can only assume that the greater bandwidth would result in clearer voice transmission.

mildewproduction

DarkAngelYuna said:
Finally got it today. It's still charging so I haven't actually used it but it feels really bad in my ear. I have a couple Jabra models which all are much better than this in how they feel at least. So far my main complain is the package is comes in is fucking scary to open ><

This man speaks TRUTH. Feels really bad in my ear, and the package was a beast, please someone permaban hard plastic packaging.

mildewproduction said:
This man speaks TRUTH. Feels really bad in my ear, and the package was a beast, please someone permaban hard plastic packaging.
20hvafa.jpg

This headset is crap...if i move my phone more than a 6 inches away from the headset it starts getting staticy and nobody can hear you...so i have to hold my phone near the headset to use it clearly....i went ahead and threw it away and ordered a nice headset....cant really complain for free tho.

VASPER

Banned
Has anyone used it with a 40 gig PS3 mine will connect, but i can not talk to anyone in a game of COD4 what the HELL. Any tips?

Got mine, seems alright. For me it seems to fit more comfortably than the warhawk Jabra, dunno why. On a related note, my two year old got a hold of the Jabra and broke the bendy thing that goes around your ear. Anyone know where I can replace that?

Top Bottom