• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Blue tooth headset - Buy.com

KnuckaWut

i dont have a voyager, but most phones have a bluetooth option where it will scan for your bluetooth device like the ps3 does. your headset will have a default name like btwfvfdds02 something like that. :lol

KnuckaWut said:
just played some tekken online, works fine on ps3 games.

wind owns this thing, if its windy just take the damn thing off they won't hear you. and its uncomfortable at first, but hey it was free.

i like how they still do a 1 dollar verification on your credit card for an item that cost zero dollars :lol
gotta make sure the card is valid! it's an automated process...

Wario64 said:
I got it but I dont know how to use it for my phone. I'm a noob to this shit. I have a Voyager.
manual?

Mine has supposedly been shipped since April 16, but the FedEx tracking number still does not work.

"Not found
No information for the following shipments/FedEx Kinko's orders has been received by our system yet. Please try again later or contact"

WTF

KnuckaWut said:
just played some tekken online, works fine on ps3 games.

wind owns this thing, if its windy just take the damn thing off they won't hear you. and its uncomfortable at first, but hey it was free.

i like how they still do a 1 dollar verification on your credit card for an item that cost zero dollars :lol
Thats because buy.com thinks youre still paying $10. Google just takes care of that $10 for you.

DIrtyWeasel said:
Mine has supposedly been shipped since April 16, but the FedEx tracking number still does not work.

"Not found
No information for the following shipments/FedEx Kinko's orders has been received by our system yet. Please try again later or contact"

WTF
did you check the shipping status on buy.com?

rhfb said:
21.24 shipping... for a headset that probably weighs less than a half pound packed... fuck buy.com
did you pick overnight or something?

ground is free.

The Faceless Master said:
did you check the shipping status on buy.com?
This worked, thanks a lot! That's a bit ridiculous for the tracking link given to me in the emails to not work though.

Random rant about shipping:
For some reason my package has been stuck in Sacramento for a while and delivery is estimated to be on Friday, that'll be 9 days for shipping. Sacramento is only a 90min drive away. Buy.com shipping seems to always be slow for me, it's as if the post office purposely delays the shipments. I ordered an item from Buy.com 2 weeks ago, and it shipped from Fremont, CA (which is only like a 40 minute drive from where I live) yet somehow it spent 4 days in shipping...

In comparison, last month when I ordered something from Amazon and chose free shipping, the package got to me just 30 hours after placing my order, despite coming from a location in Nevada a few hundred miles away.

Oh well, I shouldn't complain about the slow shipping, this only cost me 72 cents.

TaKeRx

got mine. Anyone an Iphone user using this? Does the music from the come out from the speakers or from the headset itself?

Got mine yesterday...Some impressions..

1) The design feels very cheap (not complaining since it was free). The plastic feels very flimsy, not to the point that would fall apart in your hands spontaneously though.

2) Ergonomics- I've read a lot of complaints about it not fitting right on people but I didn't seem to have a problem with it. But if you do, you can always use the wired earphone attachment.

3) Sound quality- Great on my phone but when I connect to the PS3, there seems to be a low background buzzing sound.

4) Microphone quality- I'm a little on the more soft spoken side so the mic sensitivity wasn't too good. I had to talk louder than normal for it to be clear (not to the point of yelling though). I haven't tried using the wired earpiece so maybe the mic sensitivity would improve with it since then I could hold it closer to my mouth.

Overall I really can't complain about this headset even though there are some gripes b/c in the end I didn't even pay a dollar for it. It's a serviceable headset for what I plan on using it for (Singing classic boy band songs to my teammates in COD4 ...jk)

DoomGyver

just received mine in the mail, gonna charge it up and play some warhawk later tonight with it. I'll add impressions later.

satori

I got mine and been using it since yesterday. Played a few COD4 matches and the Headset was just fine. People heard me clearly and they were clear to me as well. I also connected to my phone and that too was very decent. I spoke to a few and each one said they heard me just fine.

In the car was decent as well. My car is a loud ride and I was able to hear just fine. I really do not have any complaints at all. It is a great 1st time BT headset, and I prefer it over the warhawk one.

I never understood why most BT headsets do not have a mute button. It makes so much sense yet most lacks it ><

But seriously its a free headset, how can I complain? :p

satori

JSnake said:
Seriously guys, does this work with a PC?

Yes it does if your PC /laptop is Blue tooth ready. I used it on vent and I must say it was awesome not being connected to a damn wire...

quick question, for PS3, under audio accessory settings, should I set the output to be the bluetooth headset or default and what exactly does the default mode mean?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
received....and *GAH* at the blister packaging. My headset is black (which I prefer) compared to the silver on buy.com.

Redd

Weenerz said:
Got mine today, don't have anything to use it with tho.

Heh yeah I already have one for my cell, but planned on using this on my ps3 for MGSOb but it's been delayed.

Rahnter

Ugh, I really dislike the feel of this headset. I'm probably just going to clip it to my shirt and use the wired ear piece.

DoomGyver

Well, just played about an hours worth of Warhawk and I am pleased with the headset. Fits my ear perfectly without the use of the extra clip deal. You will get a hissing noise if you turn the volume up too far. But the hissing goes away at about 1/2-3/4 volume so it isn't an issue.

Headset never disconnected, people could hear me clearly and I could hear them aswell.

ok, the headset works fine for my ps3 and htc mogul cellphone. i can hear people, and they can hear me just fine too.

it can be turned up to a louder volume output than the bt125 i have, but it's not as clear, there's a little buzz when the volume is up that high.

as far as the fit goes, it's fine, i also think the warhawk headset fits fine too. this headset comes with a corded earpiece with a pocket clip, so you don't have to use the ear hook style piece.

the build feel slightly cheaper, it just has a more brittle feel than the bt125.
the main button takes more pressure to push, this may be a good thing to some people, and a bad thing to others. then again pushing it also feels snappier.

Aladuf

Banned
I got mine yesterday. I haven't used it yet but I like that you can just clip it to your shirt and use the earbud to hear audio. I guess once I use it, I can decide if it'll be better than my current bluetooth headset.

bridegur

My earpiece is on the way. If it weren't for GTA, there's no way I'd dare wear such a thing. I just know I'm going to hate myself, knowing I'll look like this:
dude2.gif

CoG

Hooked my up this morning and it seemed to have a lot of interference. Not sure how that is on a Bluetooth device but things were really noisy. Anyone else notice that?

Got mine and hooked it up no problem. It's kind of uncomfortable but the using the ear piece that comes with it nullifies that problem. It worked fine for me, no one had a problem hearing me and everyone else came in clear, but when the volume is turned up too loud you hear static or something in the background. Overall, works great for something that was free.

Top Bottom