• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Blue tooth headset - Buy.com

n1n9tean

Banned
jvalioli said:
Google Checkout gave me a tracking number that doesn't work. It says it is for Fedex but it matches USPS tracking pattern. Invalid number for both companies when I tried entering them. Oh well, free is free.
Don't worry based on that. I've used Google Checkout in the past for big purchases like MP3 players and such and I've had that happen to me. If I recall correctly, I think I sent them a message concerning the mistake and they sent me the real tracking number.

Costanza

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
So what's the verdict? Does it work fine in PS3 games? Decent quality?
I haven't played it with a game yet, but it connected without any problems and seemed to respond pretty well on the voice test screen.

Lebron

well mine just arrived in the mail, they shipped it last Wednesday. Pretty fast considering it was free shipping and all. Haven't tried it out yet though, letting it fully charge up first. Still, thanks to the OP for the heads up.

DoomGyver

I'm still waiting on my headset to arrive, I believe Buy.com shipped it out on wednesday, so with any luck it will be at my doorstep by wednesday.

Anyone get a chance to use it with Warhawk? Comments?

Lebron said:
well mine just arrived in the mail, they shipped it last Wednesday. Pretty fast considering it was free shipping and all. Haven't tried it out yet though, letting it fully charge up first. Still, thanks to the OP for the heads up.
Wait this is rechragable? That already makes it better than the one I spent $60 last year. :lol

Hellsing321 said:
Wait this is rechragable? That already makes it better than the one I spent $60 last year. :lol
you didn't read the product description before or after you ordered it?

:lol :lol :lol

i guess it doesn't matter since it was free!

Superman00

Liverpool01
Man, I check my order and it is shipped from Texas. But it is stuck in West Virginia for the last 3 or 4 day. Not sure what is taking so long.

Lebron

Full Recovery said:
I'm still waiting on my headset to arrive, I believe Buy.com shipped it out on wednesday, so with any luck it will be at my doorstep by wednesday.

Anyone get a chance to use it with Warhawk? Comments?
You can track your shipment from their website.

Also, I just got done playing a quick match of Warhawk with it. Seemed to work fine for me. I could hear everyone else who had a mic just fine and they could understand me for most part. It does sometimes have an weird echo noise in the background though. Paired up and works fine with my phone as well.

The Faceless Master said:
you didn't read the product description before or after you ordered it?

:lol :lol :lol

i guess it doesn't matter since it was free!
My brain was too busy reeling from the free to take the time to read it. :(

Ilchymis

Damn! I meant to come back and do this before the deal expired and completely forgot. People enjoying them so far?

Anyone that doesn't want their free bluetooth, I'd love to paypal you a few bucks for it. I don't have one for my phone or my PS3, so I could totally use one. PM me!

Superman00

Liverpool01
Lebron said:
You can track your shipment from their website.

Also, I just got done playing a quick match of Warhawk with it. Seemed to work fine for me. I could hear everyone else who had a mic just fine and they could understand me for most part. It does sometimes have an weird echo noise in the background though. Paired up and works fine with my phone as well.

Its weird, I just check my shipment again, and its appear to no longer work. The tracking numbers don't work anymore.

WiCkEd_Co

Got mine today and played some Call of Duty with it, I like it better than the one that came with Warhawk. Main reason is, it is louder I can hear everyone better.

I had to turn the volume a little bit down in the rooms where everyone is screaming into there mic, with the Warhawk mic I had it on full volume all the time and when I played I had to keep my surround system low so I could hear everyone. With this mic everyone comes in loud so it will be my main PS3 mic for now.

Ariexv

Seems to work pretty good, everyone I talk to sounds perfectly clear and they say I sound clear to them as well.

jvalioli said:
Google Checkout gave me a tracking number that doesn't work. It says it is for Fedex but it matches USPS tracking pattern. Invalid number for both companies when I tried entering them. Oh well, free is free.
same here. I ordered it 7 days ago, too.

Ryu1999

fistfulofmetal said:
You have to do an order look up from Buy.com to be able to track it.

Mine is currently in NEW BERLIN, WI

Says it estimates I'll get it on the 28th :\

Haha, I didn't check this thread until today and you were right. Too bad, it got delivered today as well so it doesn't even matter lol

for people wondering about the tracking number and shipping...

the free shipping uses FEDEX to courier the package to a local area, then the USPS to deliver.

so for the FEDEX part of the trip, the updates are shown on buy.com's order tracking, and then after the package is handed over to the USPS, you can track it on usps.com or buy.com

JaseMath

I live in Denver and got mine today. Also, I used to own a Moto H350 (which was a piece of shit, btw) up until two months ago when it was stolen. The Soyo was a replacement.

So far I'm more than satisfied with the quality when used on cell phones. Also sync'd it with my PS3 and played some CoD4 which also worked really well. Both instances fared much better than the H350 - especially on the PS3. I could actually hear the other person with the Soyo.

The downside is that unless you have the foam pad on the ear piece, it's pretty uncomfortable. It's also pretty ugly, too, what with that ugly-ass Soyo helix thing they have for a logo. But it was free, and it's pretty awesome so far to boot! :D

Pros - Free, good speaker volume, battery life seems to be pretty good so far, connection and compatibility seem great (so far)
Cons - Ugly, kinda of uncomfortable, buttons are a little awkward

KnuckaWut

just played some tekken online, works fine on ps3 games.

wind owns this thing, if its windy just take the damn thing off they won't hear you. and its uncomfortable at first, but hey it was free.

i like how they still do a 1 dollar verification on your credit card for an item that cost zero dollars :lol

Top Bottom