• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Front Mission 1st Remake Launches November 30th for $34.99, New Trailer Nov 3rd

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

FRONT MISSION 1st: Remake comes back with updated graphics and modern approach! Choose your side and enter the battlefield equipped with the armed Wanzer—the future of Huffman Island is in your hands.

• The game features new game mode and tweaks to the gameplay and mechanics.
  • The legendary soundtrack fully reorchestrated.
  • Original soundtrack available.
In the year 2090, the world’s conflicts are fought using giant war machines called Wanzers. Huffman Island, the only place where the Oceania Cooperative Union (O.C.U.) and the Unified Continental States (U.C.S.) share a land border is a hotbed of conflict.

With dozens of characters to meet, its mature story, and non-Manichean protagonists, Front Mission is the classic tactical Japanese RPG, finally available worldwide.

(Thanks L Labadal for the news!)

Roni

Gold Member
This is actually pretty legit, I might want a Switch just to check this out. This was the one franchise doing geopolitics before Kojima with MGS... Sure, the endings can sometimes drift into anime, but I love the more western side of things.

Sojiro

Really looking forward to this, right at the end of November too, so maybe...maaaaybe, I can have persona 5 about done before diving in. Has anything been said about a physical release? I don't recall if it has been mentioned, but I would really like to get physical if it has one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

blackjon24

square enix not being involved can't bode well for the future of the franchise can it? Either way the game could still be very good, streets of rage 4 had no involvement from the creator and sega and that turned out great

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Has anything been said about a physical release? I don't recall if it has been mentioned, but I would really like to get physical if it has one.
Play Asia had a US physical release up for pre-order that was $59.99, but was taken down.

Front Mission 2 has a pre-order page still for a US physical release, also $59.99.

No official word on this, maybe we'll get some more info in tomorrow's trailer. I'm with you, I'd much rather have a physical release.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Why they do this to me, there are other month beside November.
giphy.gif

jshackles

I was also wondering if that was some sort of... mistranslation, maybe? Wikipedia says that Manichaeism mostly died out in the 14th century, so nearly everyone on the planet right now could be described as non-Manichean.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Trailer removed and they put another up for some reason. Maybe to correct "tactile" to "tactical".

Last edited:
Top Bottom