• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G4 experiencing massive layoffs

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Who the fuck want to sleep with that thing?
d79y5s1-a8c470e0-d5e7-4d58-ab42-4ab8e896b809.gif

Now there is a ego getting way out of hand. She obviously was well aware the sort of reaction that survived tweet would get. Pure narcissism.

This is what happens when abject personalities get ego massaged constantly, it spills over eventually.

Humdinger

According to one source, Kevin Pereira, the host of Attack of the Show!, is also set to leave G4 sometime in October.

Pereira did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

With Sessler having stepped away due to health problems earlier in the year, that leaves none of the original personalities from the old days. I suppose Sessler might still show his mug occasionally.

As G4 faces financial pressure to increase revenue while cutting costs, three sources familiar with the business tell Kotaku they expect a bigger focus on lower-budget, personality-led Twitch streams instead of more highly produced talk shows and sketch comedy segments.

So G4 will basically become a bunch of Twitch streams. Great. Like we need more of those.

Man, G4 failed fast. Under a year. They did a business fail speed run.

https://kotaku.com/g4-tv-frosk-adam-sessler-xplay-layoffs-twitch-youtube-1849559238

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
If Pereira does in fact leave in October that will be a major blow. He's still one of the sharpest, quickest hosts out there, even capable of saving the unfunny and failing bits of others.

The remaining Attack hosts all have their strengths and all, but Comcast really needs them to get back to the PG-13, borderline rated R content they used to be known for. Now it's like "oh Fiona and Gina joked about cum and Gina made her big titties shake, how edgy!".

Last edited:

BigAssBoy

If Pereira does in fact leave in October that will be a major blow. He's still one of the sharpest, quickest hosts out there, even capable of saving the unfunny and failing bits of others.

The remaining Attack hosts all have their strengths and all, but Comcast really needs them to get back to the PG-13, borderline rated R content they used to be known for. Now it's like "oh Fiona and Gina joked about cum and Gina made her big titties shake, how edgy!".
looks like last night was his last show

Last edited:

decisions

Did Kevin leave or was he fired?

Either way, if it wasn’t obvious, it’s over now. There are 3 names associated with this revival that anyone in gamer/nerd culture around the time original G4 was around could possibly be familiar with: Kevin Pereira, Adam Sessler, and KassemG.

There are two of these people that gamers don’t mostly hate: Kevin and KassemG.

There are two of these people that were hosts of OG G4 shows that gamers may have actually heard of and liked: Kevin and Adam.

Kevin is the only person in all 3 lists. Without him G4 is dead maybe even before the end of the year I bet.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Yeah he’s become completely unhinged. I assume he’s just a deeply unhappy guy for his age because normal people don’t act like that.

Yeah. Knowing only his TV personality, I was surprised at the level of hatred in some of his tweets. I can think of some factors that might be contributing:

1. He's had a lot of run-ins with the gaming community over the years. He's created so much bad blood, every time he goes on a public platform, there is some subset of gamers who mock and ridicule him. Sessler doesn't like or respect gamers much, and that comes across. I don't think he likes working in the field of videogames much, but it pays the bills. So he's stuck working a job he doesn't like much, speaking to an audience who don't like him that much. That can't be what he imagined or hoped his life would be like.

2. Politics aren't allowed here, so I'll have to make a vague allusion. He has drank the Kool Aid and has the ideologically fueled rage common to a certain wing.

3. Sessler has back and spinal problems. They are chronic and fairly serious. Pain makes you unhappy and cranky.

4. Doctors commonly prescribe opiates for back/spinal pain, so that could be playing a role in some of what he tweets, too.

5. His wife had a large brain tumor. She had brain surgery just a few months ago. No doubt that was a huge stressor. Not making excuses for him, just adding context.

6. Sessler has always been an emotional, histrionic guy. He shoots his mouth off, doesn't think things through.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Did Kevin leave or was he fired?

He's not gone yet. All we have is Kotaku saying that according to one source, he's leaving in October. I'd count that as rumor for now. We'll find out in October, I guess.

Edit: correction, I just heard they announced Kevin P. was leaving, so it's confirmed.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont follow G4. All I know is Frosk is loud, not pleasing on the eyes, and does political rants.

But for you guys saying the other hosts are junk now, care to share why they are bad and whats changed about them over the years? Political, dont talk games, says dumb shit etc....?

Needlecrash

I legit miss the G4 of the early 2000's. Attack of the Show with Pereira/Munn/Kayleigh (COT DAMN SHE FINE). DVDuesday was always a fun segment, along with The Feed.

Just found out that Frosk got fired. Good riddance. From her dumb rant months ago to her tasteless "I survived" tweet when her co workers were let go she was a piece of crap. Girl needs to do some self reflection.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
How the fuck do they fire Adam, he is G4…

That said haven’t watched much of the new stuff so who knows what it’s like now

Sounds like they are clearing the plate of the more polarizing cast/hosts. If they can mount a comeback, they needed to do this. That said, their business model requires they get millions of views and not the paltry amount they were getting.

K' Dash

You know, I really liked Adam back in the day, still like to hear from him. I'm just sad that he hates the industry and its fans, I can't fault him for that though, this is a fucking cesspool.

Top Bottom