• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Fantasy Football league is up! Sign up in here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Hey, that's more valuable info than that whole damn book gave me! Thanks! And no, I will not be giving you $10.99 like I gave Athlon. ;)

Hmm, that info about position is very good to know. I think you saved me from snagging a QB way too high. And I've pointed this out before I think, but I'm a little worried when I checked the top 10 draft picks in this magazine and I had never heard of like 6 of them.

As a final note: If you are pick 1 or 2, stay away from Ladanian Tomlinson and Priest Holmes. Those two are nothing but bad news. Yes...bad news....
Haha, actually I *hate* getting first overall pick. From what I've read Priest Holmes (which is an awesome name, btw) is The Man, but the year before last he had a bad hip or something. I just hate having one really great player who's just a bit above everyone else but comes with a serious injury in his past. I'm usually relieved when someone else gets those very valuable but somewhat risky elite players.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I should clarify that those are just some basic guidelines, and that the QB rule greatly varies from person to person. Culpepper can be rated as high as 8th best depending on who you ask, and Vick can be just as good in FFL if he stays healthy this year(It's a big gamble to take Vick, in my opinion, because of his health problems...I would say, though, if he happens to land at your feet late in round 2 somehow, he should be taken regardless of potential problems.)

And about Holmes, his health shouldn't be too much of an issue. He and Tomlinson are the number 1 pick, nobody argues against one of those two at the top of a draft. Which one you should take may be a point of contention, but you can't really go wrong with either. The hip problems led to Holmes falling a bit more than he should have to the second half of the first round in many fantasy drafts last year, and he ended up breaking the single season touchdown record. The injury seems to be behind him.

Fifty

Archaix said:
Just a reminder, for those of us in the 8 team league: The draft is tomorrow at 7 PM EST. Be there, or just fix up your rankings before then.

Yeah. I sent an email to everyone I could yesterday :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty you never asked me if I wanted in...you penis! :(

Your Ravens are going down in round 2!

Fifty

You're right, I didn't. I thought you were in one of the other leagues, and I wanted to fill this quickly. I wasn't an elitist like Mig, we'll see if it pays off ;)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I was till doucheczaf decided to close shop :(

Fifty

Well I wish I knew if anyone of the 7 people who signed up wasn't commited, and I'd let you take their spot. :(

Miguel

Fifty said:
You're right, I didn't. I thought you were in one of the other leagues, and I wanted to fill this quickly. I wasn't an elitist like Mig, we'll see if it pays off ;)

Elitist WORKS for stuff like this.

Matrix, your douchy ass wasn't online. :mad: You'd have been in, but you were no where to be found! Too late. Unless someone drops soon unexpectedly.

:p

I know at least 11 of those 12 will commit for the full year, DM is the only one I'm worried about. :mad:

effzee

Fifty said:
Are you sure you can do 4? If so, I'm ok with it...I just don't want someone quitting because they've got too many teams :) (I've done it myself in the past)

im guessing im not in right? i didnt reclieve any PM or email. if im in id be committed but if im not in let matrix take the spot.

Fifty

If you're in you signed up ages ago. A few of the yahoo names I'm not sure of, but judging by your post you never signed in. That's ok, because we have 8.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
2 hours away from when you should be in the draft room.

A question about FFL....Does anybody know of any free leagues online that allow for salary cap/auction style playing? I'm looking to get into one of those, and I'm not certain I could organize enough of my friends to get one going here. Also, even if I do, it'd be nice to have an auction draft under my belt before I put money in to one.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
I'm going to win.

Hopefully I get the #1 pick so I can get Eli.
After Dayne's incredible performance against the Chiefs he will probably be my #2 pick (hopefully no one takes him before then), as he will go for 1000+ yards.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Draft room is *open*.

I'm fifth. Hmmmmm...I'm not certain how I feel about this. I want to see how the top four picks go before I decide whether I am happy or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom