• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF what is your main platform for gaming

Your main platform

• PC

Votes: 192 35.8%
  • PlayStation

Votes: 236 43.9%
  • Xbox

Votes: 74 13.8%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 31 5.8%
  • Others

Votes: 4 0.7%

• Total voters
edgeworth.gif

pc jenkins GIF by South Park

Fbh

Ps5.
Have been wanting to switch to PC for a long time but it's just so damn expensive, and at the beginning of this gen it was even more so with the inflated GPU prices.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
In the early days I was an Xbox dude but when PS4 came out I gradually shifted my playtime to Playstation.

Same now with XSX and PS5.
Not enough exclusives to keep me on XSX (except Starfield) however I still prefer to this day the Xbox controller for shooters. They have real triggers. The PS5 controllers have improved in that regard but I still get games like Far Cry 6 or Doom on XSX for its controller.

PC? Fugghettaboutit I quit in 2005 when "Black & White 2" kept bugging out on me and I fucked my computer by playing in its BIOS 😆

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Xbox filled in nicely when my PC was getting old and it was too expensive to build new, but PC is still where I'm going to want everything and I'm going to build a new high tier system around the end of next year.

Fredrik

PC 🏆

PC is definitely my main, it’s where I play Elden Ring, No Man’s Sky, Cyberpunk and where I’m addicted to Starfield.

Switch is usually collecting dust but every other year Nintendo release a game that is a best of all time contender, this was a year like that with Zelda Tears of The Kingdom.

Playstation and Xbox is about the same but I’m not a fan of Sony’s delays outside of console and on subs so I generally prefer Xbox. Haven’t used either of them much this year though but Spider-Man 2 and Forza Motorsport will hopefully entertain me.

Roberts

Had Ps5 and XSX at the beginning of the gen, now just XSX. Even though I mever had switch, probably will but switch 2 for my daughter.

blakdecaf

PS5 for the bulk of it, and PC for Steam/Xbox titles. Works the best for me.

PSN/DualSense is the biggest draw for me. Struggle with the Xbox controller.

Last edited:

pasterpl

Main is still Xbox Series x and x360 which is almost exclusively my PGR4 machine but more and more time I am spending with my PC (brute forcing the best version of most of the recent unoptimised games) and SteamDeck while on the go. My switch oled is now only TOTK machine. Interestingly while my steam library is potentially bigger than gamepass pc catalog, I mostly play via gamepass pc (cross save etc), and I use my Xbox controller for both Xbox and pc gaming (most of it).

Last edited:

Caio

I only own XSX as Next Gen, but I generally play on both XBox and Playstation; right now is XBox, but next year it will be all, PS5 PRO and Switch 2 will sit close to my XSX :) And, I'm dreaming about the RTX 5080 on its release, 2024/2025.

Pejo

PC just offers the most robust options out of any other platform. Whether it's graphics/performance options, storefront, mods, emulation, private servers for dead games, etc. It's the only option to basically have your cake and eat it too.

I used to be a hardcore PS fan for the exclusives (mostly the JP exclusives), but now that's a distant dream. Nintendo still makes good shit, so if I had to pick 2, I'd pick PC + Nintendo.

I'd say that right now I play both my PS5 and Switch equally. That said here are my systems and what I use them for:

PS5 - 1st party and most of the 3rd parties
Switch - 1st party stuff, VNs, most indies and most JRPGs
Xbox One X - backwards compatible titles from OG Xbox and 360
PC - Some Xbox 1st party games that interest me and some PC exclusive games that are not ported to PS5 or Switch

I don't mind 30fps on the Switch and I also love physical games. :p

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
90% of my gaming is done on PC these days

(I have an Xbox 360, PS3 Slim(CFW), Xbox One X(Retail Mode and 4k Blu Ray playback) and Series S(Retail Mode) still hooked up

Playstation after 2012 is so far from my personal taste that they might as well not even exist anymore (sold PS4 zero interest in PS5)

Also done with Xbox only own a Series S for retail mode emulation and a One X for XBOX, X360 BC and 4K Blu Rays (Zero interest in the future of XBOX)

Never been a Nintendo gamer but I might give Switch 2 a shot haven't owned a Nintendo console since the Wii

Banjo64

cumsessed
Sold my Xbox, PlayStation and monitor at the start of the year. Too much clutter. I’m not satisfied with the direction Xbox are heading. The PS5 was too hideous and large to keep.

Initially my plan was to eventually buy a PS5 slim, however I’m pretty much done with Sony’s safe first party.

My Switch Oled has served me perfectly this year. Rocket League, Tetris 99, Splatoon 3 and now F-Zero 99 for online play. Played through TotK, currently playing Tropical Freeze and Ori. Dragon’s Dogma and Hollow Knight in my backlog. Hogwarts Legacy and EA FC 24 pre-ordered.

In terms of future hardware, I think I’m just happy waiting for the Switch 2 (2024 hopefully) and then I’ll grab a Deck 2 (2025 hopefully) to play From Software games and anything else not on Switch.

Sakura

PC.
First generation I don't have either a PS or Xbox.
Depending on how the Switch 2 is though I might end up playing a lot of that.

Voted for PlayStation because I buy exclusives and a bunch of newer games on there as my older PC can't run all the newer games. But I do still use my PC just as much for indies, older games, point and click, crpg, etc.

Top Bottom