• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your primary gaming platform?

What's your primary gaming platform?

• Playstation

• Xbox

• Nintendo

• PC

• Other (explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
IMG-9898.gif

SHA

Ps5 is a backup plan when I beat every xbox game, no preference, I'm just more focused with a single platform once at a time.

Fbh

I use stocks (mostly Nvidia) to handle the high cost, could never afford PC gaming with just my salary to be honest, an ordinary gaming PC in my country goes for $3000+ 🤕

I'll have to look into stocks some day. I've also thought about asking my accountant one of these days if I could pass it as business expense (at leas some parts) since I do all the graphics design and video editing for my company (that way I'd at least save the 19% sales tax)

I think I could probably get something decently mid range in my country for $1500. And to be fair I think in the long run it's not THAT much more expensive since you save money on games (regional pricing in my country + third party key sellers) and not having to pay stuff like Ps+. Like Helldivers 2 show up as $28 (including tax) for me on Steam AND you don't have to pay for Ps+
It's just the up front cost which is way higher.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

PC is my main gaming device (including Ally and Steam Deck). I do have all the consoles, and mainly play PS5 for exclusives, Nintendo for exclusives (sometimes I will rip a game to emulate), and Xbox for BC.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Console-wise it is by a landside so far, so I would consider that monicker accurate
Yeah I’m honestly blown away by the percentage. Nintendo is super low too. At least for console gaming this board is insanely PS focused going by this poll.

But it’s nice to see PC gaming growing! Maybe a big chunk of Xbox and Nintendo gamers have moved over to PC?

Xellos

Switch + PC (Steam/GoG). Probably going to be more PC this year as current-gen is finally taking off and Nintendo is getting ready for their next console. I also have a PS5 that I use infrequently; probably going to hook it up for FFVII and maybe Stellar Blade.

Dr.Morris79

Other: All of them.

There isn't a system I don't game on. The ones that get most use, Xbox, Steam Deck and PC. PS5 has been collecting dust for over a year, will be dusting off for the next FFVii and Stellar Blade though..

Fredrik

I'll have to look into stocks some day. I've also thought about asking my accountant one of these days if I could pass it as business expense (at leas some parts) since I do all the graphics design and video editing for my company (that way I'd at least save the 19% sales tax)

I think I could probably get something decently mid range in my country for $1500. And to be fair I think in the long run it's not THAT much more expensive since you save money on games (regional pricing in my country + third party key sellers) and not having to pay stuff like Ps+. Like Helldivers 2 show up as $28 (including tax) for me on Steam AND you don't have to pay for Ps+
It's just the up front cost which is way higher.
I don’t have enough money to invest and become rich but even a smaller amount of money is adding up over time and for me it has been helping out a ton. Don’t sleep on it. Nvidia is up 60% just this year 🚀 Could drop down tomorrow nobody knows but WW3 could start too so whatever. Just start with a small sum and let it grow while you’re planning your build.

I’m about to invest in my first ever living room PC. Exciting times!

XXL

In order (over the last year or so)

1. PC
2. PSVR 2
3. PS5
4. Switch
5. Quest
6. Xbox Series X

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Sony was always my primary in every generation. This gen things changed.

It was:
Primary: PS5
Secondary: Switch

Now:
Primary: PC
Secondary: Switch.

And PC and Nintendo combo going forward.

Topher

Gold Member
snake-salute.gif

Speaking of OverHeat OverHeat he was the OP of the last thread on this. Curious to see how things changes in this new poll vs the one from back in Sept 2023.

Right now it looks like PS and PC are neck and neck.

Damn it OverHeat OverHeat ! Your vote mattered!

Screen shot of the old poll....

l0Ja31O.png

Last edited:

Leonidas

PC: The best of all worlds

PC Exclusives
Xbox Exclusives
The Biggest Sony Exclusives
And you can even run Nintendo games via emulation :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

I also have both next-gen consoles, Xbox Series X and PS5, but they are only used for BC at this point. I have yet to buy a game for either machine, my Xbox came with a Forza Horizon 5 download though which I'm using on PC :messenger_sun:

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

It's been PlayStation since the PS4 generation. I also play on Xbox and very little on PC (gotta be something really cool that's not on the consoles yet).

I play a few games simultaneously, and more often or not the lineup consists of something on each platform.

Currently:

RDR2 on XSX
FNAF Security Breach on PS5
Mario Wonder on Switch
Robocop and Elden Ring on PC

NeonDelta

Currently have a ps5, pc (RTX 3070) and steam deck oled.

keep switching between PlayStation and pc as my main. Currently been playing more on ps5 then steam deck (indies and emulation). My desktop I haven’t played on since finishing Alan wake 2 in December.

the specs/price of the ps5 pro will probably makeup my mind of my main platform will be going forward.

Durin

Neo Member
Primarily: PC since the 90s
Secondary: Switch (best Nintendo console in a while)

PS5 maybe play 1-2 exclusives a year, but trading in PS4 Pro didn't make it a bad purchase.

BlueLyria

PC Right now, moved out and PS5 is staying at the family house.

Shoulda mention I'm playing on my Ol' Trusty PS2 recently

Last edited:

Denton

PC with Windows 10 and Steam Deck with SteamOS

PS4 Pro hasn't been turned on since 2019, but I still keep it under the TV, it looks nice.

If PS5 had better design and PSVR2 had PC support from day 1, I would have PS5 under my TV.

Codes 208

Yeah I’m honestly blown away by the percentage. Nintendo is super low too. At least for console gaming this board is insanely PS focused going by this poll.

But it’s nice to see PC gaming growing! Maybe a big chunk of Xbox and Nintendo gamers have moved over to PC?
I feel like a lot of old-time xbox gamers (myself included) switched to pc gaming. I have three of the four platforms here but yeah, im not surprised by the result

Quasicat

Xbox is for when I can play on the TV, which is becoming less and less as the kids get older. Otherwise, I play the Switch and the Steam Deck but realistically when I’m on the Steam Deck I’m playing on the Xbox Cloud so my saves transfer back to my Xbox.
When Xbox finally lets me play the games I own on the cloud, it will become my main system.

poodaddy

My PS5 is strictly for exclusives, and I play Series X a bit more than Switch these days though that used to be reversed, and I suppose I'm mostly PC these days and probably for the foreseeable future. The console game market for both PlayStation and Xbox is just going in a direction I don't care much for these days, and I can honestly see a future where I'm strictly PC and Nintendo when my daughter grows up.

King Dazzar

Was XSX & PS5, but alas, now only PS5. I spend far too much time playing chess on my PC chrome browser too. Does that make me a PC gamer now too again? lol

Top Bottom