• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your primary gaming platform?

What's your primary gaming platform?

• Playstation

• Xbox

• Nintendo

• PC

• Other (explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jesb

GeForcenow. It’s more than I need. Might stick to this until PS5 pro comes or I may just use this if it keeps improving and I don’t need anything else.

Banjo64

cumsessed
100% Switch. A number of reasons why:
  • The Oled is a premium product. Amazing screen, small bezels, long battery life, runs cool.
  • From early 2023 Nintendo now repair Joy-Cons in the UK free of charge, no warranty needed.
  • Can play in bed, can play in the living room. The mobile aspect just fits for me.
  • Games. Games games games. There’s hundreds and hundreds of high quality games.
I sold my PS5 because Sony’s first party are heading in the wrong direction for my tastes. 60 hour games with little innovation. Endless sequels which are more of the same. ESG out of their arse.

I sold my Xbox because they can’t deliver. I’d rather spend £200 a year on great games that I want to play rather than spend any amount on Game Pass.

GHG

We really do have a vocal minority on this forum huh?

sZ2YRQF.jpg

Billy Awesomo

Neo Member
Switch for like 70% of the games I play
Steam Deck for the other 30% (mostly for the games that don’t get a switch port, ie Tekken, RE, Street fighter etc…)

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Mainly PS5.

However, as time is becoming more limited I'm finding myself just playing the Switch lite more. I'll normally play that in bed for 20 mins, then do some heavy reading before bed. Complete brain workout 🧠💪

Senua

Gold Member
PlayStation
YWNaQWm.png

I don't play my Switch that much, I refuse to connect that pixel shit to my 77" Oled, also rather take my PSVita for travel as it's not as fragile.

Series X and it's clickedy shit controller is collecting dust, no interesting Exclusives in years.

After working all day from home, I can't care less for gaming on PC, If I even have time to game I just want to pick up controller and game on my TV and get sounds through my surround system.
You just made the most GAF post ever, you seriously hit every single beat i expect from posters on this site, bravo my good sir!

Pedro Motta

I own all platforms, but usually PS5 is first choice, unless something terribly wrong with that version. Then Switch, then PC, then Xbox Series X.

Sojiro

Of those options I mostly play the Switch. It's funny, because for last couple console gens it was easily PC, but I have really come back to console with the Switch, and only rarely play on my PC now. I would say I play retro consoles/handhelds about as much as the Switch though.

Beechos

Xbox - main prefer its controller and ecosystem
Ps5 - sony exclusive and jap game system
Pc - rts/strategy and vr
Switch - nintendo exclusive system/toilet system
Steamdeck - portable gamepass machine/toilet system

PC. I don't like compromising image quality and/or framerate. It ruins the experience. FF7 Rebirth like many others is a good game ruined by poor performance.

Same. I spent so long compromising between image quality and frame rate, not to mention that even "Fidelity" mode on consoles is going to be at lower settings/resolution than the game is capable of on PC.

Eventually I just bit the bullet and spent the money on a high end gaming setup, and I could not be happier. Won't ever go back to consoles.

dorkimoe

Xbox-90% (best controller, best system)
PC-5% (prefer sitting on the couch)
Ps5-5% (exclusives only) (charging my controller half the time)

Last edited:

Fredrik

I do want to switch to PC at some point, but so far it has just been too expensive
I use stocks (mostly Nvidia) to handle the high cost, could never afford PC gaming with just my salary to be honest, an ordinary gaming PC in my country goes for $3000+ 🤕

Mr Hyde

PS5, Switch and PC in that order. Prefer consoles but since I've started dabbling with PC gaming it's quickly risen in the ranks. Has some neat advantages over consoles. But Playstation will probably remain my number one platform for the foreseeable future.

RAIDEN1

Xbox Series X for games of the "current gen", I skipped the PS5 (bar Ratchet and Clank, the rest of the catalogue didn't appeal to me..) and I still quite regularly use my PS4 Pro, to check out anything that is only on Playstation..

Topher

Gold Member
Console-wise it is by a landside so far, so I would consider that monicker accurate

Not when I see a lot of console vs PC threads around here.

Eh, we're at 4:1 Playstation vs Xbox in this poll so far, which is about what I would've expected going by the conversations and tone around here.

This isn't a PS vs Xbox thread though. And there is plenty of negative "conversation and tone around here" when it comes to PlayStation so I think this poll gives a clearer indication of why. The fact that Xbox does't have numbers like they used to doesn't change that. Or the fact that, as GHG GHG pointed out, the Xbox contingent is quite loud.

And over 2:1 in favour of Xbox over Nintendo but only 1 side has the victim complex.

I think Nintendo, Xbox, and Playstation folks will all generally agree that Xbox and Playstation compete head-to-head, whereas Nintendo is out doing it's own thing. It's a different ballpark between those fanbases.

Senua

Gold Member
I find it pretty nuts Nintendo is that low, would be way higher on most gaming discussion boards I think.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I think Nintendo, Xbox, and Playstation folks will all generally agree that Xbox and Playstation compete head-to-head, whereas Nintendo is out doing it's own thing. It's a different ballpark between those fanbases.
Well you would think that if you were sane but a lot of Xbox peeps disagree as per the ABK thread.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Switch. After putting the kids to sleep i'm too tired to fire up the TV. This will change this week when Steam deck will arrive.
Would pull the trigger on a Deck Oled but it’s nearly 5 hundred notes and I’ve got a couple of Holidays to pay off for June :messenger_grimmacing_

To be fair I only want it for From games and GTA 6 so can probably wait for Deck 2.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I find it pretty nuts Nintendo is that low, would be way higher on most gaming discussion boards I think.
Nintendo is not going to be considered a "primary" on most hardcore gaming discussion boards. And this board in particular has among the lowest participation of Nintendo fans of any gaming discussion forums. Almost any Nintendo game OT has 10 or less people talking, and a bunch of posts from PC players bragging about pirating it a week early. Unless it's Mario and Zelda, then it's a bit bigger.

Alebrije

1)PS5

2)Switch

Have a MSI gaming PC but never got used to keyboard/mouse besides I like more console/Big tv/ couch combo.

Last edited:

Senua

Gold Member
Nintendo is not going to be considered a "primary" on most hardcore gaming discussion boards. And this board in particular has among the lowest participation of Nintendo fans of any gaming discussion forums. Almost any Nintendo game OT has 10 or less people talking, and a bunch of posts from PC players bragging about pirating it a week early. Unless it's Mario and Zelda, then it's a bit bigger.
I would just expect a few more hardcore nintendo guys, you know they are out there. For example Restera has a fuck load of people who only game on switch, well it did when I still went on there

Top Bottom